• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Oboro Muramasa pics! 2D awesomeness! :o

Jcdragon

Wow the game looks amazing!

I realize this is probably a stupid question, but has there been any new updates on the actual gameplay? I remember watching a video a while back where the player just went through random kill rooms slashing and dashing ninjas. (When I say random I meant one second the player is in the ocean, then a forest, then a town, etc.) I'm guessing that this only happened because it was a demo.

But yea. great looking game. Can't wait till it makes its way over.

Ydahs said:
Man, this is one of the best looking games of the generation! Absolutely stunning.

Honestly, I can't even begin to imagine what 2D games could look - and play like - these days if most developers didn't have such a hard-on for 3D. This is a game that will still look good twenty years from now. Most of the shit on retail shelves these days? Not so much.

disappeared said:
Honestly, I can't even begin to imagine what 2D games could look - and play like - these days if most developers didn't have such a hard-on for 3D. This is a game that will still look good twenty years from now. Most of the shit on retail shelves these days? Not so much.

I agree with you. Man, Zelda 3 STILL looks good.

I'm so glad I didn't sell my Wii like some of my other friends.

... suckers.

hey, I didn't know that the Wii is capable of such hi-res looking graphics. 480p is not a whole lot...

pakkit

Banned
Jcdragon said:
Wow the game looks amazing!

I realize this is probably a stupid question, but has there been any new updates on the actual gameplay? I remember watching a video a while back where the player just went through random kill rooms slashing and dashing ninjas. (When I say random I meant one second the player is in the ocean, then a forest, then a town, etc.) I'm guessing that this only happened because it was a demo.
Yeah, they clarified that the games not actually that jumpy. It works in stages, unlike the demo.

Fritz

disappeared said:

totally. We could have a real Amano FF by now!

danmaku

disappeared said:

Nope. Even the best 3D games from the past generation (God of War?) will still look good in the future. The only ones that have aged bad are the games from the PS1-era, when 3D was still at the beginning (while 2D was already well established). It's not a matter of 2D or 3D, it just depends on how advanced the medium is.

That said, I love 2D and this game looks A M A Z I N G.

neo2046

king zell said:
2D for the Win!!
6AF9CFB9066C026E6A0005C1C1D52448.GIF

someone already YTed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l66VyLutbAs&fmt=18

CiSTM

Banned
Kenka said:
Beautiful art, rhythm, action, a good mix of attacks and a solid bestiary. Day one.

It all sounds and looks great but then again it was same way with Odin Sphere... That's why this game isn't day one for me but I'm really excited about it. I hope it will be good as it looks.

markot

Banned
Yumyumyumyumyummy.

I hate that when 2d gets to the level that they are pretty much cartoon quality, next to no one is doing 2d anymore >.<

plank

Whats the games story premise? How are the two characters related to each other? Are they couples, or do they just meet at some point during the game?

kinggroin

Banned
*looks at new screens

Yep, this is game is still absolutely mesmorizing. Maybe the best looking game this gen...

*looks at new video

...and still shallow as a puddle. The fuck is it so hard to have a mix of different enemies per area? This entire game looks like a boss rush mode with some story to break it up :p

That said, Holy shit again, those are some beautiful pixels and animation.

Dascu said:
Releases in Japan -> Bomba -> Cheap import

:)
Oh, but the price is not the issue here (it's probably going to be cheaper at launch than most Euro games). It's just that, not being a fluent Japanese reader, I typically don't import potentially story-intensive games such as RPG/Action-RPG from Japan to avoid missing out on any tiny bit of the story, and this is especially the case when the game is guaranteed to come out over here in the future. Of course, not being able to understand every bit of the story rarely detracts from my enjoyment of most import games, but I tend to be strict about getting the most out of my games, so I'd rather wait for a Western release when I have the choice.
As I said though, it looks pretty amazing, and I might just be tired of waiting one day and get it from import on a whim :lol . Guess I'll see about that.

CiSTM

Banned
Dascu said:
Releases in Japan -> Bomba -> Cheap import

:)

I think VanillaWare has pretty strong support in japan. I'm not talking about million sales but 70k first week is guaranteed if my memory serves me right.

Top Bottom