• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Parapa the Rappa game for VIta / PS4 via Media Molecule and indies? - Rumor

Hm.
Well, MediaMolecule is working on Tearaway and a Ps4 game right now.
I don't see them working on another Vita game right now. Maybe after Tearaway is finished.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
neogaf_logoyguln.png
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*
The combination of those studios makes the most sense. It almost makes too much sense. Then again, seeing as how Sony is doing all the right things recently, it's not too hard to believe.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hm.
Well, MediaMolecule is working on Tearaway and a Ps4 game right now.
I don't see them working on another Vita game right now. Maybe after Tearaway is finished.
You're missing a ton of context. There are 8 people from MM working on Tearaway. And that game is probably gold by now. And a PS4 game. And I'm pretty sure MM probably has a 2nd team seeing as Yoshida is focused on expansion these days.

onQ123

Where is the gif of the guy opening the fridge all happy then seeing that it was nothing there?

that's how I felt when I opened this thread & the 1st thing I saw was this.

"I was having some beers with some game industry friends last night in SF".

Pain

Banned
Should come to PS4 as well. With Nintendo's recent fumbles, its time to try and take some of that family market away.

nullset2

a new Parappa the Rappa is being worked on with really slick HD illustrations and really cool animation that totally captures the spirit of the original.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I can't believe it if true, oh my god! It's been so long, I love me some Parrap...

Apparently Queasy Games and the Media Molecule are teaming up for this, and it uses some of the tech from Tearaway.

...No NaNa-On-Sha? No Masaya Matsuura? Will the timing in this Parappa be also "floaty", if you know what I mean?

*barf*

Phatmac

Why would you leak this? Hope that PR person isn't fired after this. You should keep things like this to yourself..

soultron

Banned
OP DONT MESS WITH ME LIKE THIS

If the Vita has display lag like the PSP did, hopefully something can be done to get the timing right.

I will FIND YOU if this isn't true. Find you and crack-crack-crack your head into a wall.

More like find you and cry incessantly in front of you.

Squire

Banned
You guys don't think this is going to be the "mind blowing" announcement tomorrow....

do you?

That's mad lame, if so. Sorry, I didn't get a PS4 to play fucking Parappa. No offense to the fans.

Edit: To clarify, I would get it (probably on Vita, assuming it wasn't cross-buy), but as a reveal tomorrow night I think it would be maddeningly lame.

Jeels

I don't know whether to believe this, it's so random.

I hope that is not one of the big announcements for tomorrow though, regardless of how well the game did during the PS era, it probably only has a cult following now.

Camjo-Z

Oh gosh, please be true. We need more Parappa music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E1TQNrYVEg

My buns are very toasty.

I don't know whether to believe this, it's so random.

I hope that is not one of the big announcements for tomorrow though, regardless of how well the game did during the PS era, it probably only has a cult following now.

But dude... the Facebook fangroup has 198 MEMBERS!

a cult would have at least 200 ;____;

This is exactly how I want a Parappa game to get leaked to me. Someone getting super shitfaced and spilling the beans just seems right.

I always pictured Vib Ribbon making a return using your MP3s to create the levels but, with the PS4 not even having support built in at launch, I don't think anyone cares enough to look into this.

Top Bottom