• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tenbatsu said:
23wjfvd.jpg

The man is clearly crazy.

CRAZY AWESOME!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
obonicus said:
There's still a chance that Shinji Mikami will be this game's Cortana.
Due to Halo GAF, I now see two different faces on the guy's armor. >_<

Top center of the helmet and the belt, which is better visible in one of the higher screenshots.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
if it were any developer i'd say those screens look great

but because it's mikami, i can confirm this will be life-affirming

mmxzero

Looks like a boost slide there, I can't wait to see this game in action!
It might not be good but I'm probably going to have re4 level expectations for this game.

.la1n

I am pleasantly suprised at how nice the screens look. Really looking forward to this. Like everyone else I do hope they will attempt to make both the 360 and PS3 versions as good as they can possibly be.

Llyranor

Fast-paced and emphasis on speed sounds good. Cover system + speed booster could be interesting as you boost between various covers or toward enemy flanks. And Witch Time!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Speed! Cool Looking Melee! Actual Character design in a TPS not named Lost Planet!

Awesome looking so far. Makes me want an HD OutTrigger.

Definitely wanna see some gameplay vids.

Llyranor said:
Fast-paced and emphasis on speed sounds good. Cover system + speed booster could be interesting as you boost between various covers or toward enemy flanks. And Witch Time!

PN Gears o'netta

Llyranor

Would have been interesting if the main character design was made more 'mech'-y, relying more on boosting to get around, with otherwise pretty slow walking speed.

ultim8p00

Banned
Llyranor said:
Would have been interesting if the main character design was made more 'mech'-y, relying more on boosting to get around, with otherwise pretty slow walking speed.

No. This ain't Armored Core (or 90 of Mech games for that matter)

Neiteio

I really like Mikami's decision to use robots for bullet fodder, for players who feel uncomfortable shooting humans. Don't underestimate the appeal of this -- all the thrill of destruction with no cringe-worhy clash of conscience. :)

In a way, that's what I always enjoyed about the Resident Evil series. The series was violent, but everything you killed was a mindless zombie. It might've -looked- human, but it wasn't!

(And yes, it's a vidgame either way, but in terms of the narrative.)

EDIT: Something just struck me... Why is the main character wearing a visor over his mouth? So his teeth can see better?

Neiteio said:
I really like Mikami's decision to use robots for bullet fodder, for players who feel uncomfortable shooting humans. Don't underestimate the appeal of this -- all the thrill of destruction with no cringe-worhy clash of conscience. :)

That and the fact that robots are just awesome.

Llyranor

ultim8p00 said:
No. This ain't Armored Core (or 90 of Mech games for that matter)
Not a mech game, yeah, but hoping the suit actually impacts the control scheme, though. Maybe it's the Gunvalkyrie concept that appeals to me (that I never got to play due to lack of BC >:0 )

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Looks like Fracture meets Halo to me. I'm not digging the aesthetic at all. It's ok, it just strikes me as very generic. If it plays great though, who cares?
I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom