• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Kinda hard to tell with those scans what the visual quality is but I like the look of the armor and the gameplay concepts sound cool. Can't wait for some HD in-game footage. Mikami should take note of his former employer. Capcom knows how to introduce games (e.g Lost Planet 2).

Dascu

So it's a fast-paced 3rd person shooter with lots of robots and it has a boost attack that sends you up close to an enemy for a melee attack combo.

Seems like Shinji Mikami does what Hideo Kojima doesn't.

Dascu said:
So it's a fast-paced 3rd person shooter with lots of robots and it has a boost attack that sends you up close to an enemy for a melee attack combo.

Seems like Shinji Mikami does what Hideo Kojima doesn't.

Or he played alot of GunValkyrie?

Eesh, The guy in the robot suit (the designer) looks like Phil Collins. Sounds awesome though! I was a bit disappointed with the announcement, but that's subsided and I will keep my eye on it.

The costume designers website is god-awful, however. He does have some really interesting work though.

http://www.artmodelsandprops.com/

Cover shooter with an emphasis on mixing it up with melée takedowns... Sounds like this may play kinda like a mix of Uncharted, Dead Space, Re4, and ZoE2. Ideally speaking. Building weapons into the suit sounds like an elegant way of streamlining or eliminating inventory management, and it sounds like the suit will have some more cool upgrades we don't know about yet. If this turns out to be mapped out like a Metroidvania I will probably have found my perfect game.

JohnnyPanda

Neo Member
Cover shooter? Upgradeable suit with built-in weapons? Sounds like he's taking another stab at P.N.03.

EDIT:

"Making a normal shooter wouldn't be interesting," continued Mikami, "so it has the concept of the feeling of speed and good tempo, and something flashy. There are lots of games where you shoot and kill people, so this time we wanted to try and see how we could convey the good feeling of shooting robots."

Famitsu pointed out that Mikami has the image of making action games rather than shooters, to which he responded: "It will be a shooter that places importance on the good tempo and feeling of rhythm you get from playing an action game." The boss battles in particular will approach action games, he said.

[...]

The magazine also offered preliminary details on the game's setting. The game takes place in the near future and has a story based off an American and Russian standoff. The future setting, explained Mikami, allowed them to make the enemies into robots, make the cinematic scenes flashy, and make the world large. The character you control sports a slim, flexible armor suit.

P.N.04 confirmed! :lol

Yeah those scans make it really hard to tell how the game looks. I'll wait to see it in motion before I say anything. That said I'm definitely interested in this game. Can't wait to see more.

duckroll

jett said:

Well, Bayonetta was a Xbox360 and PS3 multiplatform game that was in development at Platinum Games. Such a statement does not specify that Platinum Games is developing both versions, only that they are developing the game, and that the game is a multiplatform title. :lol

deepbrown said:
If Sony helps out from the start...it'll be fine.

Keep telling yourself that. :)

Dave1988

duckroll said:
Well, Bayonetta was a Xbox360 and PS3 multiplatform game that was in development at Platinum Games. Such a statement does not specify that Platinum Games is developing both versions, only that they are developing the game, and that the game is a multiplatform title. :lol

And what if the donations gathered from charity (Brokenetta) finally allowed them to buy a PS3 devkit? :O

Mr.NiceGuy

deepbrown said:
If Sony helps out from the start...it'll be fine.

Why should Sony help ? you know that the problem with Bayonetta that they didn't even bother touching the PS3 Ver (or the PS3 Dev ket).

Now they need to man up and quit acting like amateur developers, at this time every third party studio knows how to develop for both systems (except Valve lol) even smaller studios with lesser talent can do it, and if Platinum don't want to do anything with the PS3 then just make it a 360 exclusive, pressure the publisher from the beginning and tell them "we don't want another studio to take our game, our ip and ruin it".

duckroll

faridmon said:
:lol its really funny how devolpment this gen turned out.
last gen devolping for all platform was the norm. now its almost shockin.

What? Most games last gen were all on the PS2. Multiplatform stuff were very rare especially in Japan. This gen, more and more games in Japan are multiplatform. I think you have it in reverse.

Haunted

Can't see shit in those scans.

Looks to be a fairly standard 3rd person shooter with a cool design. But Mikami usually doesn't do "fairly standard", so I expect him to have an ace up his sleeve which will be revealed somewhere down the line.

faridmon

duckroll said:
What? Most games last gen were all on the PS2. Multiplatform stuff were very rare especially in Japan. This gen, more and more games in Japan are multiplatform. I think you have it in reverse.
what i meant was, when they used to release multiplatform games, normally the internal devoloper would handle the devolopment of the games on all platforms.

TreIII

Is this the game was supposedly made on the Cry engine, or no?

On the other hand, the other project that Mikami's supposedly working on with Suda and EA, is reported to be on the Unreal Engine....

Whatever way this goes, I just hope this means they're working on an engine that should make porting between the two systems much better than whatever happened with Bayo.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
faridmon said:
what i meant was, when they used to release multiplatform games, normally the internal devoloper would handle the devolopment of the games on all platforms.
How many other titles other than Bayonetta and Orange Box can you name where this was the case?

WrikaWrek said:
Doesn't sound good.

And it's all too mechy for me.
You're saying this now. However, when this game releases, it's going to blow minds to a degree where everyone will feel as though they are receiving fantastic oral pleasure while playing it.

Tenbatsu

33ogls9.jpg

33o5ij8.jpg

hwwh9i.jpg

sdemuu.jpg

5jxjef.jpg

2u89f2g.jpg

23wjfvd.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1232614_1124.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom