• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoopoo

Banned
Loooool the cut scenes and voice acting needs to be removed from the game :lol :lol

Gameplay looks fun as hell though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Mmmm, screen filled with missles, non-flat, exciting architecture, huge enemies, well animated special attacks (Like your bullet? How about I give it back to you?!?)

Voice acting didn't sound bad, lip synch was slightly off. Doesn't matter however; Looking forward to it even more now.

miladesn said:
ah I want to see this now :\.
Honestly, I was watching the Crisis 2 footage, and after seeing the Vanquish trailer, I just turned the TV off when Crisis came back on. Just looks stale in comparison(Im talking gameplay).

Vanquish ftw

AceBandage said:
Agreed.
The cutscenes look very outdated for how the gameplay looks.
They need to remove that bullshit pronto. It really was absolutely terrible, but hopefully they will be skippable.

yoopoo

Banned
And wow at Crysis 2...looks utterly uninteresting compared to Vanquish.

And every game in the show is a shooting game, ha.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
VANQUISH!!!! Damn that is some fucking high speed Gunplay. It's like taking the awesomeness of Red Alert and Mikami-izing it :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Surely someone has recorded the Vanquish footage and is uploading it on YouTube RIGHT NOW right?

yencid said:
Actually things normally dont go online until after they premier west coast time.

The trailers usually go up right after the show initially airs and then the full episode goes up at the time you mentioned.

dili

I'm not seeing how it's much like Bayonetta in any way, but it looks like a lot of fun. The boss fights look like they're going to be amazing.

Crisis

Banned
The game looks really stylistically interesting. I hope the gameplay matches it. But the really fast and furious action seems different from other shooters already.

Teknoman

Well that was awesome. Expected no less...but that beginning line :lol

We have eight hours to stop this from happening. We will stop this from happening.

schlew

Bursting from cover to cover looks great. Closing the distance between the enemy and yourself can be such a chore in a lot of cover based shooters. How often have we made our way over to the nearest cover, only to be treated to a storm of bullets along the way? We wait for our health to regenerate, and then pop out to get a look at where the enemy has run off to. Vanquish looks to make cover based shooting much more tolerable.

ezekial45

Banned
Teknoman said:
Well that was awesome. Expected no less...but that beginning line :lol

We have eight hours to stop this from happening. We will stop this from happening.

I'm just gonna assume they said some other stuff before that. :lol

The dialog isn't even cheesy funny. Get that shit out.

It looks like a cross between Lost Planet 2 and Bayonetta. Pretty keen so far but my God that dialog :lol

rwqqdu.gif

znoowg.gif

dramatis

SolidSnakex said:
http://i49.tinypic.com/rwqqdu.gif
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/znoowg.gif[/QUOTE]

Not bad.

The HUD makes me curious, looks like we can carry up to four weapons at once? One of them looks like a grenade type—no dedicated grenade button?

Also, Hillary Clinton :D

TreIII

9/11: The Joke said:
Does the psn and xbox live logos at the end of the trailer mean mutliplayer?

Nah, Mikami already confirmed no MP of any sort. My guess goes towards either DLC or possibly even Leaderboards, if this game turns out to be as highscore oriented as it could be...

Teknoman

It looks like...the video game equivalent of older cyber police/soldier anime, much like how Zone of the Enders finally brought fast anime style mecha action to a game.

Hype max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom