• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I can't quite explain why, but the gameplay looked all kinda of boring.

sadface

jett

D-Member
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Awful trailer.
Way too much effort put into cutscenes/storyline.

I don't know who are they kidding. No one is ever going to care about the shitplot of this game. Shoulda been 100% gameplay.

...the gameplay didn't look as fucking awesome as some people have clearly made themselves believe here, either. It looks like a japanese take on Gears of War.

Korey

Oh my fucking god...this game can't come soon enough.

And agreed on cutting the plot from these trailers, you're not fooling anyone!

yencid

jett said:
I don't know who are they kidding. No one is ever going to care about the shitplot of this game. Shoulda been 100% gameplay.

...the gameplay didn't look as fucking awesome as some people have clearly made themselves believe here, either. It looks like a japanese take on Gears of War.
obviously you havent been reading from the people who are hyped about this, this looks fucking amazing.

Sectus

"We've got approximately 8 hours to stop that from happening. We will stop that from happening."

Why does the voice actor repeat the last part of the line *exactly* the same way twice? I don't know if they're trying to mimic bad dialogue like RE1 to poke fun at it, or if it's just bad dialogue.

Anyway, gameplay-wise I'm not very interested. Jetpack boots or not, it kinda looks like a typical shooter, and we already have a few billion of those. At least the colour palette looks like a nice change of pace.

Korey

jett said:
Gears of War with Bayonetta evasion, speed boosts, and flip kicks.

Gears of Bayonetta is entirely accurate.

Sectus said:
"We've got approximately 8 hours to stop that from happening. We will stop that from happening."

Why does the voice actor repeat the last part of the line *exactly* the same way twice? I don't know if they're trying to mimic bad dialogue like RE1 to poke fun at it, or if it's just bad dialogue.

Anyway, gameplay-wise I'm not very interested. Jetpack boots or not, it kinda looks like a typical shooter, and we already have a few billion of those. At least the colour palette looks like a nice change of pace.
Pretty sure audio was cut between the two "stop that from happening".

Maybe I'm in the minority but I haven't played THAT many TPS this gen. I'm still very interested.
jett said:

Story in games isn't going anywhere, and will rarely be absent from trailers. Are people really going to complain about it forever?

yencid

MvmntInGrn said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I haven't played THAT many TPS this gen. I'm still very interested.
same, only one i've played was uncharted 1 + 2 and i loved that.

jett

D-Member
MvmntInGrn said:

Story in games isn't going anywhere, and will rarely be absent from trailers. Are people really going to complain about it forever?

Maybe if the cut-scenes in this game didn't look completely awful we wouldn't complain about getting only 20 seconds of gameplay footage.

TTP said:
:D

Can we have the train part as well?

This?

2v2ef02.gif

And the weapon morphing

2j5lys7.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dramatis said:
The HUD makes me curious, looks like we can carry up to four weapons at once? One of them looks like a grenade type—no dedicated grenade button?

That's grenade selection. There are two types of grenades there (I guess frag and EMP). Once selected, I assume you got a dedicated button to toss it.

Korey

SolidSnakex said:
Holy fuuuck.

Fixed:

Gears of Bayonetta evasion, speed boosts, flip kicks, and TRANSFORMERS.

I'm sorry but this is already game of the whichever year it comes out.

jett said:
Maybe if the cut-scenes in this game didn't look completely awful we wouldn't complain about getting only 20 seconds of gameplay footage.
Outside of the awkward intro, they weren't that bad. Hardly awful.

TTP said:
Yes :D

Just noticed that white mech transforms into a little heli :O
Fast little thing, never stops moving.

Natakuu

Banned
Looks interesting from the trailer, I didn't have much interest in the title before but now I'll have to keep my eye on it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Teknoman said:
Well that was awesome. Expected no less...but that beginning line :lol

We have eight hours to stop this from happening. We will stop this from happening.

:lol

Horrible way to start off a trailer SMH

Seriously though I dunno why so many videogame stories have to keep this pretense of being remotely plausible.

Evil Villain Dude should just show up on TV and say "Hey I'm going to blow up the universe cause YOUR MOTHER IS A FAT WHORE." and suddenly stage 1 begins.

Actually fuck it. Videogames need to bring back arcade intros.

Scrolling text
Random somewhat related images thrown together
A three second animation of the hero looking heroic
Awesome

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Seriously though I dunno why so many videogame stories have to keep this pretense of being remotely plausible.

Evil Villain Dude should just show up on TV and say "Hey I'm going to blow up the universe cause YOUR MOTHER IS A FAT WHORE." and suddenly stage 1 begins.
MY MOM IS NOT A WHORE! *shoots guns*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cep said:
Looks okay, but they should try to clean that hud.

Yeah, or at least add some motion blur to it.

It's funny you say that cos it's already there (looks closer at when he points the gun towards the enemy).

Cep

Banned
TTP said:
It's funny you say that cos it's already there (looks closer at when he points the gun towards the enemy).

Yeah you are right.

It is not as apparent for the first animation.

They definately need to work on this.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cep said:
Yeah you are right.

It is not as apparent for the first animation.

They definately need to work on this.

Yeah, they actually need to animate that stuff.

andymcc

Banned
fucking dope as shit.

the part where the dude catches the rocket midair and jams it back down the launcher is truly the stuff mikami games are made of. :lol

KTallguy

Banned
Looks like a Japanese, faster Gears of War. Please let it have MP.

It looks like it will be just ... just different enough, but there are a lot of games like this on the market...

Hiltz

I can tell that this game is going to be bad.

Why the hell would they take out San Francisco of all places ? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom