• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Project To Be Announced Tuesday, August 26th on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

I'm guessing its going to be a Pokemon RPG, but in a different style from the mainline games, and possibly on console.

Doubt its going to be mainline series Pokemon game - OMRS is that. Could be the rumored Pokemon title for the Wii U that was shown off some time ago?

J9Trkwk.jpg

I'm also going to guess Pokken.

Harada said at Evo he's working on two other projects aside from Tekken 7 he hopes to reveal soon. One of them is probably Pokken.

Not a Pokemon fan so don't care for the game (I do love Tekken Tag 2 Wii U) but hopefully this combined with Amiibo helps Wii U sales.

Sandfox

We don't even know if it's a game. Could be a new anime, or a new manga, or a new line of hats.

Though chances are it is a game.

I really doubt they're going to announce another anime when they still have the Mega Evolution OVAs going on and no other medium really makes sense IMO.

random25

"Shocking" announcement, eh? What could that be? Will put this one on my watchlist.

Probably a Pokemon iOS game, but please don't be :p

TreIII

Please be Pokken Fighters

tumblr_mrvi6ohZmy1qm1tauo1_400.gif

It's time.

Harada said he wanted to unveil at least 2 new projects this year. Tekken 7's already been taken care of, so it would make sense to let this cat out of the bag, in my opinion.

If nothing else, it'd be another nice thing to showcase that the Wii U will certainly have a promising 2015 and post-Smash.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It seems weird to announce it before both Smash Games come out but who knows.

Do yall think that there will be combos in this Pokken game? I can't play fighting games except Smash and PSASBR becuase I can't do combos. I wouldn't think so since I figure GF would want casuals to get it but who knows...

its not like pokken would come out anywhere soon that would interfere with either version's launch

Derphoof

Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament were Trademarked in the US on August 15, 2013 and published for opposition on June 14, 2014

Pokken Fighters

Pokken Tournament

They also received a "Notice of Allowance" on August 12th for both trademarks.

That means, according to the trademark/patent office, that the applicant (The Pokemon Company) has a "bona fide intention to use the mark in commerce"

The Pokemon Company now "has six (6) months from the date of the notice of allowance to either: (1) Use the mark in commerce and submit a statement of use (SOU); or (2) Request a six-month extension of time to file a statement of use (extension request)."

Given how recent the Notice of Allowance was applied for and granted, I'm going with Pokken Fighters/Tournament.

382.gif

SnakeEyes

Banned
Could this be the rumoured Pokemon game that Nintendo are looking to do for iPad? Wasn't there an article up on Yahoo! about it?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Pokemon Project could also imply a new anime production or film. Whenever I saw the Pokemon movies, there would always be a Pikachu Project banner. Or maybe I'm over-thinking it.

Sandfox

This looks really good! Is that just some texture mod for a fighting game or leaked gameplay from Pokken?

GF put it at the end of a Pokemon timeline to show what Pokemon could look like in the future. People just assume its related to Pokken because they popped up pretty close to each other.

JoeM86

Could this be the rumoured Pokemon game that Nintendo are looking to do for iPad? Wasn't there an article up on Yahoo! about it?

Not likely.

You're thinking of the west only iPad iterating of the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online PC game.

Pokemon Project could also imply a new anime production or film. Whenever I saw the Pokemon movies, there would always be a Pikachu Project banner. Or maybe I'm over-thinking it.

I think everyone can modify it, but the tags on niconico stream page only have "game".

Dreaming of pokken.

Expecting Pokemon Battle Revolution U as a crushing disappointment, or the mad laughter of Detective Pikachu as a font of nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom