• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Project To Be Announced Tuesday, August 26th on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking? MMORPG.

Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament were Trademarked in the US on August 15, 2013 and published for opposition on June 14, 2014

Pokken Fighters

Pokken Tournament

They also received a "Notice of Allowance" on August 12th for both trademarks.

That means, according to the trademark/patent office, that the applicant (The Pokemon Company) has a "bona fide intention to use the mark in commerce"

The Pokemon Company now "has six (6) months from the date of the notice of allowance to either: (1) Use the mark in commerce and submit a statement of use (SOU); or (2) Request a six-month extension of time to file a statement of use (extension request)."

Given how recent the Notice of Allowance was applied for and granted, I'm going with Pokken Fighters/Tournament.

382.gif

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

flohen95

That was fun looking. Too bad it was never a game of some sort.

But it was a cutscene in Pokémon Channel as part of the Pichu Bros. Anime short, wasn't it?

Regarding the announcement: I'm preparing to be disappointed, since, if it is something worthwhile, I'll be even happier than I would be anticipating the thing.

Renta

Banned
Anime voice actor being there has me skeptical that it's a new anime thing. Maybe something akin to what Origins was.

The Pokken trademark stuff brought up in this thread, and the game listing on the official site has me believing in dreams. If it is Pokken, it better have a battle sim in there too. AND it better not be some japan exclusive arcade machine!

Fey

Banned
the fact that not a single inch of my body is aroused

pokemon xtina & why's power

#PLEASEOMEGARUBYSAVEPOKEMON

Wiseblade

TPC making an announcement rather than Game Freak?!

ibfM1oDSr6BllB.gif

A battle simulator would be redundant with XY's online functionality and ORAS around the corner. A Poképark game wouldn't get this level of attention. I can't see a Snap 2 getting this much hype either. Pokken really is the most plausible announcement. That, or something entirely new.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Pokken Fighters with Amiibo compatibility.

Gotta buy 'em all!

Refugio

It has been awhile since creatures last game(unless i'm forgetting something) so it could be something from them. Hoping for Pokken tho.

Kater

Banned
GF put it at the end of a Pokemon timeline to show what Pokemon could look like in the future. People just assume its related to Pokken because they popped up pretty close to each other.

Ah, so it's just a misunderstanding from the fans side (or GF failed at communicating it).
Either way, it looks neat.

Dryk

I want it to be Pokken but it will be this.
Seriously, where the hell is Pokken. Everybody already knows it exists just announce it already ;_;

That said it's taking long enough to come out that Hawlucha will probably be in it, making it a much better game

JoeM86

TPC making an announcement rather than Game Freak?!

ibfM1oDSr6BllB.gif

A battle simulator would be redundant with XY's online functionality and ORAS around the corner. A Poképark game wouldn't get this level of attention. I can't see a Snap 2 getting this much hype either. Pokken really is the most plausible announcement. That, or something entirely new.

Game Freak seldom make the announcements, to be fair.

Derphoof

Pokken Fighters with Amiibo compatibility.

Gotta buy 'em all!

The Pokken Fighters trademark does include/cover,

"Near field communication (NFC) technology-enabled devices, namely, key chain tags, key chains, key fobs, key tags, key rings and key holders, and figurines, to facilitate the transmission and recording and exchange of video game content."

Soooo.... Amiibo would be totally plausible. It also seems like a no-brainer for that kind of game.

The Pokken Fighters trademark does include/cover,

"Near field communication (NFC) technology-enabled devices, namely, key chain tags, key chains, key fobs, key tags, key rings and key holders, and figurines, to facilitate the transmission and recording and exchange of video game content."

Soooo.... Amiibo would be totally plausible. It also seems like a no-brainer for that kind of game.

Really? Oh god. My soul. My wallet. My dignity.

Forkball

I'm also on the Pokken train. I am curious about the multiple trademarks. What's the difference between Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament? Wii U/3DS versions? Unsure about what to call it? Or will it have the repetitive name Pokken Fighters: Pokken Tournament?

Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament were Trademarked in the US on August 15, 2013 and published for opposition on June 14, 2014

Pokken Fighters

Pokken Tournament

They also received a "Notice of Allowance" on August 12th for both trademarks.

That means, according to the trademark/patent office, that the applicant (The Pokemon Company) has a "bona fide intention to use the mark in commerce"

The Pokemon Company now "has six (6) months from the date of the notice of allowance to either: (1) Use the mark in commerce and submit a statement of use (SOU); or (2) Request a six-month extension of time to file a statement of use (extension request)."

Given how recent the Notice of Allowance was applied for and granted, I'm going with Pokken Fighters/Tournament.

382.gif

tumblr_inline_my1sjjJmzT1s7fx81.gif

I'm also on the Pokken train. I am curious about the multiple trademarks. What's the difference between Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament? Wii U/3DS versions? Unsure about what to call it? Or will it have the repetitive name Pokken Fighters: Pokken Tournament?

Pokken Tournament could be used in the game as the name of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom