• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Project To Be Announced Tuesday, August 26th on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Of all the crazy impossible announcements they could possibly make, MMO nonsense included, the one I'd freak out the most over is Pokemon Snap 2. Easily my favorite Pokemon spinoff, I just want more of it.

In my head, if they announce the Pikachu detective game, it will be instead of Pokken, and I will never forgive them for that

(Yes I know this will not actually be the case, but it will FEEL like that)

JoeM86

Nah, would rather have an open world action RPG....real time pokemon battles behby

Don't forget that, in Pokémon games, you play as a Pokémon trainer. As such, having a game where you play as a trainer and then control a Pokémon in real time battles makes no contextual sense.

PokéPark 2 has real time battles though. You should check it out

Of all the crazy impossible announcements they could possibly make, MMO nonsense included, the one I'd freak out the most over is Pokemon Snap 2. Easily my favorite Pokemon spinoff, I just want more of it.
I would love if it was Pokemon Snap 2. It has so much untapped potential and the Wii U would be so perfect for it...

Don't forget that, in Pokémon games, you play as a Pokémon trainer. As such, having a game where you play as a trainer and then control a Pokémon in real time battles makes no contextual sense.

Man I hope they make a spiritual successor to the PokePark games on Wii U. Focus more on the exploration and combat and make the mini games a small side thing. PokePark 2 was a great step in the right direction for an amazing Pokemon spinoff.

JoeM86

Man I hope they make a spiritual successor to the PokePark games on Wii U. Focus more on the exploration and combat and make the mini games a small side thing. PokePark 2 was a great step in the right direction for an amazing Pokemon spinoff.

Agreed. PokéPark 2 is one of my favourite spin-offs.

I can't believe how much I want this to become a spiritual successor to Colosseum/XD, I spent so much time completing everything in those games. If they do do that there's a lot of faults those games had they have to fix.

sn00zer

Ehh who cares? There is so much in Pokemon that makes no sense and is explained by "its just a game" dont see why battles cant

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What about pokewarriors? Koei anticipated another huge partnership after yelda, already worked on pokemon with nobunaga and seem a third party keen to work on this kind of stuff.
I think that both amiibo and fighting games if exist pokemon related will be revealed next year, considering the hype they are building for smash

JoeM86

Ehh who cares? There is so much in Pokemon that makes no sense and is explained by "its just a game" dont see why battles cant

They do. And games do make sense, but suddenly doing that wouldn't make sense in the context of the game

What about pokewarriors? Koei anticipated another huge partnership after yelda, already worked on pokemon with nobunaga and seem a third party keen to work on this kind of stuff.
I think that both amiibo and fighting games if exist pokemon related will be revealed next year, considering the hype they are building for smash

Koei actually pitched this several years ago. The Pokémon Company turned it down, so they changed their pitch to be a Nobunaga's Ambition crossover and thus Pokémon Conquest was made

IHaveIce

Banned
You read it here first, a detective oikachu game is fine, but a game where you would switch between controlling the trainer in the overworld and a pokemon in the battle makes no sense.

Ok

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They do. And games do make sense, but suddenly doing that wouldn't make sense in the context of the game

Koei actually pitched this several years ago. The Pokémon Company turned it down, so they changed their pitch to be a Nobunaga's Ambition crossover and thus Pokémon Conquest was made
maybe they changed their position on this

Phlebas

Banned

Give it to me please...

It would be the first Pokemon game I've bought since Silver

Pokemonster Hunter will probably never happen, but it would be awesome. Another crossover I would like to see is Dragon Quest. That would work perfectly with Pokemon and would be the best selling game of all time in Japan. Old school Final Fantasy would work too. I don't know about new school FF characters with Pokemon. Or how about a Mario crossover? Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Daisy as Pokemon trainers? Sing me up!

I don't think they'd like to see people kill and skin pokemon....

They could change the gameplay up a bit. I don't need a Great Sword to hack up wild Pokémon. But a Great Tazer would be a good substitute.
Make it kid friendly, I don't care as long as it plays like a Monster Hunter game with Pokémon in it.

Pokémon Ranger should be reworked into a MonHun clone.

If this isn't Pokkén or Snap 2, at least let it be something like Conquest. Second best Poké-spinoff

Will the stream be subtitled or just japanese? Would like to watch, but if i can´t understand anything i´ll just wait for the news on gaf.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Having to change timezones from Japan to the US to Europe, while taking into account the summertime settings, really boggles my mind...

... so I'll just wait until the Internet goes bonkers to know that something has been announced :p

JoeM86

Having to change timezones from Japan to the US to Europe, while taking into account the summertime settings, really boggles my mind...

... so I'll just wait until the Internet goes bonkers to know that something has been announced :p

Just under 5 hours from now :)

-Deimos

This better be Pokken. This is my first time hearing about it, but I've been hoping for a Pokemon fighting game for a long fucking time.

What are the odds this announcement disappoints? Are we expecting Pokken out of this?

Should either be Detective Pikachu or Pokken. Couldnt imagine another new game without the other two getting an official reveal.

ShockingAlberto pretty much has me convinced its DP.

We'll see...

edit: iirc, i read somewhere that a guy affiliated with Pokemon company was considering showing a game at Evo...cant remember where i read that.

They also haven't announced the two "important guests". The two special guests, anima voice actors, could be there just for fun.

Yrael

This. LOVED that game on the Nintendo 64, and Wii U is the perfect console for a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom