• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Project To Be Announced Tuesday, August 26th on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing turning me away from it being Pikachu: The Great Mouse Detective is that spin offs almost never get announced six or more months in advance and they said Summer 2015 in the TV show from last year.

JoeM86

Aww :X That's the best though! If you're wrong nobody remembers that but if you are right you are the prodigy™

People take what I say seriously, so I can never put predictions up in public as people then assume it's fact.

Hell, back in 2008, there was a fake going round and my e-mail was being spammed with it, so I posted about it saying it was most likely fake. However, people to this day still say I posted the fake as legit, just because I posted it.

L~A

Koei actually pitched this several years ago. The Pokémon Company turned it down, so they changed their pitch to be a Nobunaga's Ambition crossover and thus Pokémon Conquest was made

TPC turned down a Pokémon Warriors game? o_O

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Just replace 'this man' by 'The Pokémon Company'.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Indeed. Every Pokémon game except X & Y, ORAS and Battle Trozei was revealed in Japan first; weeks, if not months, before the English reveal.

so, all the latest "modern era" pokemon was announced "in english", while this one will be just Japanese...I wonder if Iwata's desease is enough to change so drammatically the policy of a group...

JoeM86

so, all the latest "modern era" pokemon was announced "in english", while this one will be just Japanese...I wonder if Iwata's desease is enough to change so drammatically the policy of a group...

No, only main games recently have, and one spin-off game because it was revealed in a Direct.

It's not changing a policy at all

So its gonna be that silly Pikachu Detective game right?

Possibly, but see:
The thing turning me away from it being Pikachu: The Great Mouse Detective is that spin offs almost never get announced six or more months in advance and they said Summer 2015 in the TV show from last year.

KeRaSh

Don't forget that, in Pokémon games, you play as a Pokémon trainer. As such, having a game where you play as a trainer and then control a Pokémon in real time battles makes no contextual sense.

PokéPark 2 has real time battles though. You should check it out

I think Ni No Kuni did a pretty good job at creating a better Pokemon battle system. They could refine that and try to turn it into a realtime battle system.

JoeM86

I think Ni No Kuni did a pretty good job at creating a better Pokemon battle system. They could refine that and try to turn it into a realtime battle system.

Why? Why should they? The current battle system is great and truly competitive.

I see no logical reason to switch it to real-time. It'd change the game dramatically.

Real-time battles belong in spin-offs only.

KeRaSh

Why? Why should they? The current battle system is great and truly competitive.

I see no logical reason to switch it to real-time. It'd change the game dramatically.

Real-time battles belong in spin-offs only.

Not saying they should. It was just a response to your post saying that it wouldn't make any sense. There are ways but if people want the mainline battle system to stay untouched, that's totally fine.
I personaly grew tired of the stale formula of the mainline series. I played Y but by the end of it I was glad it was over. Not a fan of competing against others so there was no reason for me to take it to the next level.
I'd love to see them take a different approach to the formula and if it ends up being a spin off to keep the mainline pure, so be it.

JoeM86

Not saying they should. It was just a response to your post saying that it wouldn't make any sense. There are ways but if people want the mainline battle system to stay untouched, that's totally fine.
I personaly grew tired of the stale formula of the mainline series. I played Y but by the end of it I was glad it was over. Not a fan of competing against others so there was no reason for me to take it to the next level.
I'd love to see them take a different approach to the formula and if it ends up being a spin off to keep the mainline pure, so be it.

Look up some of the battles in PokéPark 2. It can work, just not in the context of a trainer with Pokémon.

Sandfox

I'm expecting to wake up to the Detective game on the 3DS and I'm guessing Okamoto is going to voice the talking Pikachu.

I think moving to real time system would hurt take away from Pokemon battles tbqh.

JoeM86

What is this detective game everyone keeps mentioning?

Last year, a Japanese television show called "The Professionals" focused on The Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara. In it, it showed how they worked on spin-off games, with them trying to work out how to best use the top screen in a new Pokémon Trozei game, and testing things for other games.

For the other games, they showed a bit about a game where you play as a detective with your partner, a talking Pikachu. It used motion capture, a first for a Pokémon game. They said they were aiming for Summer 2015 for launch.

mrhej

So it's either Pokken or that detective game.

So I can either solve mysteries with Pikachu or punch him in the face.

I wouldn't mind a refined version of the NiNoKuni system to be used in a Colosseum/XD-type spin-off. That would also mean a highly reduced roster though, there's no way they're making high-quality 3D models with proper animations for all the Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom