• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Project To Be Announced Tuesday, August 26th on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the future Wii u version will look at least as good as this.

It doenst even look graphically impressive, probably for the future porting on wiiU.

Also why are some people really thinking it's only on arcades. Nearly every fighting game starts in arcades in japan and then is ported to consoles.

Lernaean

Banned
Nice to see that so many people have no idea how fighting games work in Japan.
All Japanese fighting games release on arcade first, like P4 Arena Ultimax as of late, and then are ported to home consoles, in our case the WiiU. There are some people so anxious to see the WiiU and Nintendo fail that they have stopped thinking reasonably.
I for one am excited it's Pokken.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Ishihara just said "first for arcades" in the stream. He immediately followed up with "oops, I said first," though, so take that for what you will.

Joqu

A home port won't happen until 2016 or later.
It's very possible Nintendo's next system is out then.

I mean it's I guess it's possible we're still getting it in 2015, especially if Nintendo were to push for that, but if not I could see it be on their next console yeah

Busaiku

Mr. Ishihara just said "first for arcades" in the stream. He immediately followed up with "oops, I said first," though, so take that for what you will.

I don't think anyone sane is doubting it'll be on a Nintendo system in the future.
We're just disappointed that it'll be a 2016 or later title.

Pokemon can be released on any system, right? Notice how the title of the game is Pokken Tournament, and not Pocket Monster Tournament or Pokemon Tournament. Could be for a reason

Contrary to popular belief on the Internet, Pokemon, the company and gamefreak are Nintendo. You won't see it on any competitors platform. Ever.

Nice to see that so many people have no idea how fighting games work in Japan.
All Japanese fighting games release on arcade first, like P4 Arena Ultimax as of late, and then are ported to home consoles, in our case the WiiU. There are some people so anxious to see the WiiU and Nintendo fail that they have stopped thinking reasonably.
I for one am excited it's Pokken.

Street Fighter x Tekken is knocking on your door, followed by Dead or Alive 5 and Soul Calibur 4 and 5.

I get what you're saying but people do have a good reason to be disappointed.

Hatchtag

Banned
I don't think anyone sane is doubting it'll be on a Nintendo system in the future.
We're just disappointed that it'll be a 2016 or later title.

Could easily be 2015.
Only one system to port it to and it's undoubtedly developed with the knowledge that it'll be on Wii U. Unless it doesn't come out on arcades till October 2015 or so, I could see it still ending up on the Wii U by the end of that year.

Mariolee

I don't think they'll announce another fighting game weeks before Smash comes out. That doesn't do anyone any favors.

Detective Pikachu, book it.

736px-198Murkrow_OS_anime.png

Metallix87

That's true of course, but given that it's a Namco game, it's very unlikely.

It may be a Namco title, but it's a Nintendo IP, and they have to realize how big this would be on consoles. If it comes out much later, it's because they want it as far away from Smash on the release calendar as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom