• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer (shows the leaked Pokémon)

Man, the people mad at the fish for being ugly must think everything in nature looks like the most beautiful thing. Some animals don't look pretty, and Pokémon don't have to either. Please. That doesn't make it a bad design.

This, I thought the same thing after watching the trailer.

Yukinari

Man, the people mad at the fish for being ugly must think everything in nature looks like the most beautiful thing. Some animals don't look pretty, and Pokémon don't have to either. Please. That doesn't make it a bad design.

Its pretty much just another Feebas. It will probably look beautiful when it evolves.

By the way im getting sick of these games having pikachu clones. We have enough rats/gerbils.

Or its just ugly. The fish it's based on is also ugly.

I'm not talking about the people that are acknowledging that Bruxish is ugly, because it's just designed to be that way, because of the animal it's based on. I'm referring to the people that actually say it's a poorly or lazily designed Pokemon, simply because it's ugly.

MANUELF

Banned
Its pretty much just another Feebas. It will probably look beautiful when it evolves.

By the way im getting sick of these games having pikachu clones. We have enough rats/gerbils.

If there exists a pokemon Gamefreak regrets ever creating is Raichu, they dont want to repeat that same mistake so the pikaclones never evolve

Azuran

Banned
I'm not talking about the people that are acknowledging that Bruxish is ugly, because it's just designed to be that way, because of the animal it's based on. I'm referring to the people that actually say it's a poorly or lazily designed Pokemon, simply because it's ugly.

In Pokemon terms, poor/lazy design means "I don't like it" without having to explain their reasoning.

Clefargle

In Pokemon terms, poor/lazy design means "I don't like it" without having to explain their reasoning.

THIS

Somehow everyone is a fucking design critic when it comes to Pokemon they don't like. I just don't get why people don't just say, "I don't like that one". Instead they have to wrangle up a bunch of qualifiers to justify their hate. Weird

javac

CkAawtE.png

Cute
DIInnNW.png

RomanceDawn

We need to talk....

Hahaha, I know. For lack of a better term I just say 3rd version. With Black 2 and Alpha Sapphire I bred perfect babies in the previous version and then traded them over within the same generation right away to go on the entire adventure with my favs.

But because you have your dream team and egg moves, the game is just as easy as ever. Doesn't bother me too much though because Pokemon games are never hard anymore ever outside of the battle tower type places.

Literally just seen all the new Pokemon lol. 18 to catch up on!

Like:
Rowlet
Yungoos
Vikavolt
Drampa
Tapu Koko
Solgaleo
Lunala

Dislike the rest. Charjabug and Cutiefly are hilariously uninspired.

Azuran

Banned
You can have your weird simple pokemon, but I expected more of a balance. They all seem to delve into the realm of abstract creatures.

What in the world is an abstract creature?

Dude you do know there's around 8.7 million of animal species in this planet right? Just because you don't know what a variety of a pacific fish looks like doesn't mean it's not an animal.

You can have your weird simple pokemon, but I expected more of a balance. They all seem to delve into the realm of abstract creatures.

I don't see how Vikavolt is anything but a beetle, Togedemaru is clearly a hedgehog, cutiefly is a bee fly, and Bruxish is very clearly a trigger fish (State fish of Hawaii)

GoldStarz

What in the world is an abstract creature?

Dude you do know there's around 8.7 million of animal species in this planet right? Just because you don't know what a variety of a pacific fish looks like doesn't mean it's not an animal.

I never saw a koala bears so they can't be real.

Actually only common zoo animals, farm animals, and some types of household pets are real.

Black_Red

The desings are growing on me, specially with those awesome types and abilities.

Fairy/bug- Dragon/Normal (hopefully damage activates frenzy), and the ugly fish will destroy the priority meta (if it has good stats)

Wait Charjabug isn't Grubbin's evo is it?

I thought I'd seen people suggesting it was a cocoon Pokemon but I thought it was a first stager.

Normal/Dragon is unexpected. Pika the Hedgehog is also Electric/Steel.

psyokaiwatchdiditfirst

WR4jjwp.gif

Char-baku_2x.png

Man that is a great design. Reminds me of Madoka Magica's aesthetic, which interestingly reminds me a lot of Yellow Submarine & Monty Python, which the former was mentioned on the first page concerning the fish.

We should all talk about The Beatles more.

Wait Charjabug isn't Grubbin's evo is it?

I thought I'd seen people suggesting it was a cocoon Pokemon but I thought it was a first stager.

While I don't know if it's actually been officially stated to be the Grubbin evo, I think it's safe to say that it is. Both Grubbin and Charjabug have pincers, they both have little circle patterns on the sides of their bodies, and they both have that... zigzag mouth thing going on :p

Then again, Game Freak has thrown me for a loop before. I thought Solgaleo would be a Fire type for sure, when it was first revealed lol.

MajorMane

While I don't know if it's actually been officially stated to be the Grubbin evo, I think it's safe to say that it is. Both Grubbin and Charjabug have pincers, they both have little circle patterns on the sides of their bodies, and they both have that... zigzag mouth thing going on :p

Then again, Game Freak has thrown me for a loop before. I thought Solgaleo would be a Fire type for sure, when it was first revealed lol.

Grubbin's description also makes it likely that it evolves into Charjabug:

Grubbin relies on its sturdy jaw as a weapon in battle and as a tool for burrowing through the earth. Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations. By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
rwNddAF.png

Climb on the Magic School Bug!
There's just something about this one that is very meh to me. I like most of the designs except grubbins line. I know most caccooon Mons aren't the most imaginative, but combined with its basic geometry and ugly colour pallet I really dislike it. Vikavolt is just generic imo, looks like an anime bug. Cutie fly however redeems the bugs, and I'm. Down with everything else. Drampa is weirdly growing in me.

Kid Heart

You know, I hated these Pokemon when I first saw them in the trailer, but most of them have pretty quickly grown on me, (outside of the freaky fish one at least.) I really want to get that Falcor looking dude on my team when the game launches.

Carl7

Is that thing a Normal/dragon or they just created a new type called "Ugly"

Bug/fairy is an interesting type.

Is that thing a Normal/dragon or they just created a new type called "Ugly"

You're just jealous because you aren't nearly as majestic as Drampa. Worry not, however, Drampa is a kind soul, and he's willing to overlook your blatant disrespect.... be grateful.

Chunky

It's the cocoon of an electric bug. I think it being a battery charger is really clever.
When I first saw it I thought it was a cool design and thought the idea of the Grubbin line all having a loose vehicle theme was a nice touch.
But there's loads of little details that I missed the first time. It's a charger, which makes perfect fucking sense since it's a cocoon, the little jaws double as a plug and its eyes are actually battery life indicators. Up there with the gen 5 duo as my my favourite early route bugs.

Top Bottom