• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer (shows the leaked Pokémon)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I literally wanted a Hummingbird Moth-based Pokemon for like ever, the fact we might be getting one has me hyped.

Count me in as a bit put off by these at first but all of them are quickly growing on me---definitely can see why people might not be fans though since they seem to be going back to a Gen V-style after Gen VI sort of dialed things down a bit, but I wasn't really that into a bunch of Gen VI Pokemon in comparison so I'm kind of glad.

That Electric/Beetle is definitely going in my team.

Is there a cash prize for best "new pokemon suck" shitposts that I'm not aware of?

Though I will say that I don't like that Sonichu's tail is sprouting from his upper back...

Watch Da Birdie

Also the fact we're getting such a large amount here makes me hopeful Generation VII is gonna be a bit bigger than Generation VI.

Is there a cash prize for best "new pokemon suck" shitposts that I'm not aware of?

Though I will say that I don't like that Sonichu's tail is sprouting from his upper back...

Nope, just one of the oldest traditions of the Pokemon fanbase. Go read Watch da Birdie's thread on Pokemon designs if you wanna restore your faith in good discourse.

Also the fact we're getting such a large amount here makes me hopeful Generation VII is gonna be a bit bigger than Generation VI.

Remember that Gen VI officially revealed >50% of the Pokedex prior to launch (proportionately the most of any Gen, I think), so it doesn't mean much. I am hopefully that they'll give us more than Gen 6, though.

Watch Da Birdie

I just realized we've already got more Bug-type already than Gen VI.

Remember that Gen VI officially revealed >50% of the Pokedex prior to launch (proportionately the most of any Gen, I think), so it doesn't mean much. I am hopefully that they'll give us more than Gen 6, though.

True, but every batch of Pokemon was pretty small...revealing seven at once only half-a-month after we just got five others seems to indicate we might have a tad more.

True, but every batch of Pokemon was pretty small...revealing seven at once only half-a-month after we just got five others seems to indicate we might have a tad more.

That's true, I guess. Just hope that they don't over-announce and then there's not many for launch day. I've always maintained in my head that so long as it's more than Gen 6, I'll be happy.

Kinokou

Love the bugs, hate the fish, neutral to the rest and the pikaclone would probably look better without the round electric pouch cheeks.

Can we have a gen that doesn't have a Pikachu knockoff? This is more annoying than having Fire Fighter starters 3 straight gens.

I mean if you don't like Togedemaru then just don't be my friend

It's easily the best Pikaclone since Pachirisu, and I actually think it's better. Cool type, cute af, colorful spikes. Give it to me.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Nope, just one of the oldest traditions of the Pokemon fanbase. Go read Watch da Birdie's thread on Pokemon designs if you wanna restore your faith in good discourse.

Yep, I have pretty much heard every shitpost when it comes to Pokémon design.

The Pokémon design may be varied over the generation but the shit post remains the same and it's boring and tiring.

I just realized we've already got more Bug-type already than Gen VI.

Also has more electric type than Gen 6 as well, all we need is more than 2 ground type and Gen 7 will be better than Gen 6.

Can we have a gen that doesn't have a Pikachu knockoff? This is more annoying than having Fire Fighter starters 3 straight gens.

It's tradition plus it's marketable to sell plush.

Menitta

CkAawtE.png

k2SRWGC.gif

Toxi

Banned
I literally wanted a Hummingbird Moth-based Pokemon for like ever, the fact we might be getting one has me hyped.

Count me in as a bit put off by these at first but all of them are quickly growing on me---definitely can see why people might not be fans though since they seem to be going back to a Gen V-style after Gen VI sort of dialed things down a bit, but I wasn't really that into a bunch of Gen VI Pokemon in comparison so I'm kind of glad.

That Electric/Beetle is definitely going in my team.
Cutiefly actually looks like a bee fly.

f565935bcf5d89a11d261af1db9bfc0c.jpg

6307d42ba84a8ba1374c79fafb5be857.jpg

Not only is Cutiefly the first Bug/Fairy Pokemon ever, but it's also the first Pokemon based on a true fly ever.

Fun fact: Bee flies are parasitoids. Wonder if Cutiefly's not as innocent as it at first seems...

Thorakai

they should make a fossil pikachu clone next gen so that we have the common ancestor of all pikachu knockoffs in the game

they should make a fossil pikachu clone next gen so that we have the common ancestor of all pikachu knockoffs in the game
Is there a rock/electric type yet? Could be cool. Make it an aerodactyl kind of thing because they love giving fossil Pokemon evolutions and Raichu is Gamefreak's biggest shame. I also don't know a thing about prehistoric mammals and would love to learn. Great!

Azuran

Banned
Is there a rock/electric type yet? Could be cool. Make it an aerodactyl kind of thing because they love giving fossil Pokemon evolutions and Raichu is Gamefreak's biggest shame. I also don't know a thing about prehistoric mammals and would love to learn. Great!

Mega Probopass will be Rock/Electric and it will be awesome.

Cindro

Can any kind Pokebreth/sistren soul overlay the crusty old white man face on my current avatar with my boy friggin box bus bill bug?

Fishlake

So having digested the designs today my favorites are

1. Bruxish
2. Cutiefly
3. Charjabug = Tapu Koko

Drampa does nothing for me.

Zubz

Banned
There's not a single one of these guys I don't like, but seeing how I'm the guy that loves cocoon Pokemon enough to have a Lv. 100, fully EV-trained Kakuna, I'm unjustifiably excited for Charjabug.

rwNddAF.png

Climb on the Magic School Bug!

Sorry I took it without asking, but mind if I use this?

Theorymon

Ah that classic. It was written by some guy named The Great Kakuna Man I believe. AFAIK he only posted twice: once before DP came out in English with a joke Kakuna discussion, then over a year later when Platinum came out JUST to make an analysis about Kakuna getting Bug Bite, which is why this is onsite :p

On a more related note: Assuming Tapu Koko is legendary and has an HP IV of 31, it seems to have base 70 HP. Guess its gonna be built for offense.

Zubz

Banned
That fish is gonna have the most badass evolution ever. Believe..

I can see it being a single-evo. That said, I can see it being the one single EVO fish that's actually used competitively; even if everything else is awful, Dazzle's a total game changer.

Toxi

Banned
I can see it being a single-evo. That said, I can see it being the one single EVO fish that's actually used competitively; even if everything else is awful, Dazzle's a total game changer.
Alomomola was actually used competitively in singles OU for a stretch.

Theorymon

So which of the new abilities do you guys think will be the most useful?

Tapu Koko's Elec Maker sounds potentially game changing. Since its a Terrain, it won't be overwritten by weather, and it makes Pokemon immune to sleep until it goes away, AND it boosts Electric-type attacks.

I bet VGC really wishes they had Tapu Koko this year lol

Top Bottom