• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer (shows the leaked Pokémon)

Zubz

Banned
We still don't know what Frenzy does huh

Isn't it something about a Sp. Attack boost? That said, Stakeout's just reverse-Pursuit, it seems, so I'm going to stick with Dazzle. That said, Elec Maker's a close second; I wonder if the probable-Tiki Trio (Squad? I hope it's Squad so I can make Presidents of the United States references. Er... more than I already planned to) is Electric, then. I'd assume they're fairies, but Elec Maker's too good to waste on one Mon... right?

Kard8p3

I got ya.
QOG4PHz.png

ty :)

I gotta say, I haven't played Pokemon since gen 2, but I'm actually kind of interested in playing this and love the vibe this game is giving off. I really put a lot of time into those first two gens to catch 'em all up to that point, though of course that wouldn't be my goal anymore.

Remember that Gen VI officially revealed >50% of the Pokedex prior to launch (proportionately the most of any Gen, I think), so it doesn't mean much. I am hopefully that they'll give us more than Gen 6, though.
I'm thinking that all of the pokemon revealled so far are just the new pokemon you can catch on the first island. A lot of these pokemon look like early game pokemon except Drampa. I'm wondering if Drampa has a snorlax/ sudowoodo like role in the game. It's also interesting that they seem to have revealled a lot of bug, electric and normal type pokemon in particular. Usually the early game areas have a lot of Bug and normal pokemon. Since the Guardian of the island is electric type, it could also attract a lot of electric pokemon to the region. Speaking of Tapu Koko, it looks like there will be one for each island and are loosely based on the Hawaiian legend of Ku, Kane, Lono and Kanaloa. They also look like they'll carry the totem design. Kanaloa was said to be depicted as a squid or octopus and is the God of the underworld and ocean. So that'd be interesting from a design standpoint.

Tiamant

Isn't it something about a Sp. Attack boost? That said, Stakeout's just reverse-Pursuit, it seems, so I'm going to stick with Dazzle. That said, Elec Maker's a close second; I wonder if the probable-Tiki Trio (Squad? I hope it's Squad so I can make Presidents of the United States references. Er... more than I already planned to) is Electric, then. I'd assume they're fairies, but Elec Maker's too good to waste on one Mon... right?

Perhaps each one of the trio pokémon has the same ability but for different terrains, so the next ones would be grass/fairy for grassy terrain and pure fairy for fairy terrain.

Regarding the new Pokémon, I'm glad we're past the point of fairy = pink and cute.

Diffense

I'm really curious about Frenzy's activation criteria. Hopefully we'll find out today. A low HP trigger (like Torrent or Blaze) would be better than a SE hit, IMO, so I hope it's that. It would be a very natural ability for combining with substitute and pinch berries to get some other boost at the same time.

nbraun80

I gotta say, I haven't played Pokemon since gen 2, but I'm actually kind of interested in playing this and love the vibe this game is giving off. I really put a lot of time into those first two gens to catch 'em all up to that point, though of course that wouldn't be my goal anymore.

I was the same way here, haven't played since gold/silver, got a 3ds recently and got talked into getting Alpha Sapphire by a buddy. Jumped right back in and it's been a blast getting back into it and looking forward to Sun/Moon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh one thing I notice is that Charjabug's eyes aren't really eyes. They're windows, and Grubbin sees through those.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Top Bottom