• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screenshots of The Witness [PS4]

satriales

I don't think anyone said that at all. Sounds like the opposite of Blow's platform agnostic philosophy. He's only on PS4 first because Sony approached him and he can afford to make it for PS4 in addition to PC.

I don't think he completely ruled out it ever coming to xbox, he said the timed exclusivity deal was a formality that he had to sign to be part of the PS4 show, but that the game would be console exclusive to PS4 anyway even without that bit of paper.

Afro

If the player movement feels as smooth and fluid as it does in Dishonored I'll cry tears of joy. Simply jogging around and climbing ledges feels perfect in that game. This island looks pretty vast and is just begging to be explored. Hope there's at least a light jog button (no sprint).

RaikuHebi

Banned
It's like classic Tomb Raider gameplay + Nintendo graphics. Why the hell haven't I heard about this until now?
I think you're mistaken either about The Witness or Tomb Raider
Is it not about puzzle solving and being lost in the environment and stuff? Isolation in the environment. Not knowing what to do next? That's the vibe I got from reading its premise.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think he completely ruled out it ever coming to xbox, he said the timed exclusivity deal was a formality that he had to sign to be part of the PS4 show, but that the game would be console exclusive to PS4 anyway even without that bit of paper.
He outright confirmed it.

"When the XB1 version of The Witness comes out, internet fanboys' heads are going to explode or something."

Minyobi

Looks way better than it did the last time I saw it.
That said, a few people might need to check out one of the Myst games so that they realize what they are getting into with this.

This is a game that I really don't know much about but I'm sold. Great art style and it's headed up by Blow. After playing Braid and following him on Twitter I've really become a fan.

The007JiM

This one looks super.

10276581615_ccdf918590_b.jpg

Reminds me Dr. Evil Volcano's Lair.

This with Transistor are the two games i'm interested for ps4 so far.

I wish more AAA next-gen games went for this kind of graphical fidelity. But coupled it with much more detailed destructible environments, physics and character animations.

Stop wasting money on 3D and texture artists! Hire more programmers!

viveks86

For those who may not have read through the blog in the OP, here is a summary:

- Set on an island filled with puzzles
- Open world island
- Go anywhere you want
- No linear path
- Estimated to be a 25-40 hour game depending on how much you play
- Some of the game is optional
- Aiming for a smooth frame rate (not sure what that means)
- Team is “making the graphics look as nice as possible, and ensuring that the streaming system loads things quickly”
- Thekla, Inc. created its own engine for the game

FINALBOSS

Banned
Fuck that looks nice. I needed some nice screenshots after this day. I've been all gloomy about the PS4 and for some reason I can't stop thinking about Titanfall. HELP ME PS4 bretheren

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Put this up for pre-order on the PS4 store so I can throw my money in the devs direction. One of the most anticipated PSN PS4 titles.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't think so? If so, that's the first I've heard about it, and would make me significantly less hyped.

You can point and click at things but the island is open to explore. I don't know where this info came from but it certain does nothing to dampen my hype.

PG2G

You can point and click at things but the island is open to explore. I don't know where this info came from but it certain does nothing to dampen my hype.

So is it first person exploration but with Myst like point and click puzzles or what? Or is it just a first person adventure game with puzzles? This game is confusing as hell

VanWinkle

Well, I mean, I just want to able to walk around the island with the analog sticks. I don't want Myst-like movement, which is what I thought he was referring to.

Top Bottom