• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shadows Of The Damned Screenshots

Celine

wsippel said:
The title is probably "Lollipop Chainsaw" (bodes well), it supposedly features the hottest female character of all Grasshopper games (yay!), and it's supposedly so funny that everyone who has seen the game laughed out loud, including western publishers who had a chance to demo it. And that's pretty much all we know at this point I believe. I guess we'll see an announcement in the very near future, though.
Is it possible to top her
or Shinobu
?
nmh.jpg

Blast Processing said:
I'd tag quote you, but I'm so bewildered by your post that I'm thinking maybe I conflated the title Quantum Theory with something else. The bad Tecmo game with the Gears-ish gameplay and throwing the girl. If that's not Quantum Theory, then it's the game I meant.
That's the one I was talking about.....

loempiavreter

Neo Member
An article from Playstation Magazine reveals some more info:

"Demons are like men, they are always trying to get into the prettiest girl."
Possible minor SPOILERS ahead, you have been warned.

So lets start from the beginning. Garcia Hotspur (inspired by the Shakespeare character) is a demon hunter who has accomplished much over his long career. Then, out of the blue, a demon going by the name of Fleming kidnaps his girlfriend Paula and takes her to hell. Garcia, being the faithful lover that all action game stars are, decides to chase her into hell with his lovable demon companion Johnson. Before I go farther into the game I should mention a few things. First of all the tattoo on Garcia's neck reads "I would kill the world before I let it harm you." I've heard of people asking what that says so I'd just like to clear that up. Secondly nobody knows anything about Fleming. Apparently nobody at EA has even seen him. I have to admit though, its not a very tough sounding name.

The World
As I've mentioned before Shadows of the Damned takes place in hell. Suda 51 and Mikami have constantly been saying that hell is close to the human world. What they mean by this is hell is kind of like the human world. The demons all live in this city like version of hell. It is filled with signs, stores, and vending machines. One of the demons favorite past times is to make fun of the human world. For instance one of the signs reads "Try our new Strawberry Sh*t Cake!" Apparently when a demon says strawberries, he means human tongues.

Now the hell isn't just made up of that one city. It is apparently made up of many sprawling levels that are supposed to be extremely varied. The city we've seen so far works as a kind of hub level (or so I've been lead to believe). The other levels are reached by crossing through corridors of darkness (that's not what they call them but it gives you a good idea of what they are). For those who don't have that much imagination, they are long, twisting hallways filled with enemies. Your health is also constantly draining during these world transitions. Speaking of health the only thing that can replenish it is alcohol which is fond in any of the many vending machines found throughout hell.

As a side note, there is no light in hell ( Sora, Donald, and Goofy are not coming to save you). This is going to be a dark and gritty action game from start to finish.

The Demons

Not much new to say about them. Apparently the demons follow a very strict hierarchy and that they like Opera (Flemming in particular). Don't expect a bunch of singing demons though. When demons die they drop jewels (there are nice things in hell). These precious gems are the currency of the game and can be used to buy and upgrade various weapons (which I'll get to later) as well as buy booze. Here are some new pics of the demons brought to you by GameSpot.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ks;title;3

Garcia Hotspur

Our leading man will have two ways to combat demons (as far as I know). He can use his guns (which I'll talk about later) and can go in for some close range action. He will have a variety of melee moves as well as some stomping attacks (does this remind anyone of Dead Space). According to the magazine the amount of jewels you get from the demons depends on how "cool" you kill it. We are left to wonder what their definition of "cool" is or what kind of system will measure it.

Johnson and the Guns

Johnson is all of your guns (or so I know). So far we know only of three. A machine gun, a high damage single shot hand gun that fires bones (and is literally named The B*ner), and a gun that fires skulls. More will be reveled as time goes on. Johnson has a long history with Garcia but we won't know what that is until the game comes out.
Source of summary, ContraMundiX on gamefaqs boards of SotD

Top Bottom