• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shadows Of The Damned Screenshots

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Nirolak said:
stod_g_shoot01km3t.jpg

Find the mandatory British rock reference in this picture!

"Dead Souls" by Joy Division

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It can't be too scary if you get to carry around a MASSIVE GUN.

I kind of like the monster with the long, freaky fingernails, but aside from that this is very unappealing. The art is hideous.

Oh, and it's designed by Suda? Yikes.

Jb

Looks terrible. But hey, maybe it'll be fun to play. Not getting my hopes too high up for now.

last time Mikami oversaw a Suda 51 project we got Killer 7 which is one of my favourite games. no reason i shouldn't get super excited over this.

I am hyped for this game. The style just look its going to be really bizarre. I really hope Suda brings the goods with this one.

First impression: Doesn't look like a game for me.

So what do you do in it? Like shoot people and stuff? How is it better or different than the many other games in which you shoot people and stuff?

54-46! said:
Who is this for?
People who like quirky Japanese games. That's what I'm getting from this game. And the fact that its from Suda means it's going to have so much personality. Like I seriously can't wait to see more of this one.

Replicant

Why For? said:
Looks nasty.

Gears of Dead Space.

Rude. This one has ugly engine and fugly character design. Don't compare this to the hot-looking Dead Space series. Although I don't have opinion one way or another for dudebro Gears of War.

On the positive side, isn't this the game where Akira Yamaoka and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn moved to after Konami disbanded Team Silent?

vulva

I'm optimistic. I'm waiting to find out what type of gameplay mechanic is going to set this apart though

Replicant said:
On the positive side, isn't this the game where Akira Yamaoka and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn moved to after Konami disbanded Team Silent?
Yep.

But I'm not sure how this looks like a dudebro game. Guys got hair.

Tokubetsu said:
I fucking hate Suda51
So why come into this thread then?

Jay Sosa

Finally a game that seems to try something different, can't stand these other generic looking TPS with their zombie-esque enemies and handsome dark haired main protagonists. They sure have balls...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Replicant said:

Yamaoka works at Grasshopper and is scoring this game, yes. McGlynn never 'worked' exclusively for anyone, so I dont know if she'll do anything for this.

Ridley327

EatChildren said:
Yamaoka works at Grasshopper and is scoring this game, yes. McGlynn never 'worked' exclusively for anyone, so I dont know if she'll do anything for this.
She did the vocals for the song in the debut trailer, so we know she's got one contribution to the game.

I think it's more of a matter of Yamaoka and McGlynn being very good friends.

Replicant

Jay Sosa said:
Finally a game that seems to try something different, can't stand these other generic looking TPS with their zombie-esque enemies and handsome dark haired main protagonists. They sure have balls...

Hmm...not sure if serious.....

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ridley327 said:
She did the vocals for the song in the debut trailer, so we know she's got one contribution to the game.

She did the death metal screams?

EatChildren

Ridley327 said:
That should be a question for the eventual Q&A!

Those are the only vocals in the debut trailer, so if she did vocals for it those must be them.

EatChildren

Ridley327 said:
There's a bit of singing before then and it sure sounds a lot like her.

The single long note that is yelled?

Ridley327

Could be yelling, could be singing, could be something else, I don't know.

Can we at least agree that it's kinda vague?

Ridley327

As for the screens, my biggest problem that I have with the game visually is that it seems like a hodgepodge of art; a lot of it doesn't really gel together, and that's surprising coming for a studio that even its most ardent critics would admit to having a very strong and cohesive style throughout their projects. I see some cool stuff like the blood skeleton thing, but Garcia's face suffers a lot from the standard HERP A DERP look that happens a lot in UE3.

That said, it did look to run very smoothly in the debut trailer, so that's something.

...I hope.

wsippel

Banned
EatChildren said:
Most of the disappointed fall into one of two crowds; either they expected another truly 'out there' game like Killler7, or they dont find anything about the game interesting and instead generic and boring.
This. Also, I'd argue that the people who hype Grasshopper are typically Nintendo fans, and this game isn't on a Nintendo platform - and it's just one of many action games on PS360. The title simply isn't all that unique in any way. And it's not even directed by Suda as far as I know.

Ridley327

wsippel said:
This. Also, I'd argue that the people who hype Grasshopper are typically Nintendo fans, and this game isn't on a Nintendo platform - and it's just one of many action games on PS360. The title simply isn't all that unique in any way. And it's not even directed by Suda as far as I know.
He uses the "executive director" credit that he had for NMH2 in the debut trailer, which implies that they have a different guy (or guys) working under him while he makes suggestions and works on the story.

It'd be weird if their Kinect game ends up being fully directed by Suda, but I'm not one to question their logic if such a thing applies.

wsippel

Banned
Ridley327 said:
He uses the "executive director" credit that he had for NMH2 in the debut trailer, which implies that they have a different guy (or guys) working under him while he makes suggestions and works on the story.

It'd be weird if their Kinect game ends up being fully directed by Suda, but I'm not one to question their logic if such a thing applies.
I hope he's directing the Kadokawa project. I also hope that it's really Japanese, quirky and low budget. And, for Suda's sake, I hope it's on Wii or 3DS. Simply because I believe he'll get more hype and better sales that way - the hype Grasshopper got for No More Heroes was in large part due to being a standout hardcore title on the Wii. Personally, I'll buy and play pretty much anything they put out regardless of the platform, anyway.

Top Bottom