• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "Stranger Things 2" cover story from EW (9/27/17)

hydruxo

New poster from Netflix Italy too:

DKvXX2zXUAA81A_.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, "aspects of Barb" are being dealt with?

Wha?
The shadow monster is a giant Cthulhu creature with Barb’s face on it.
M
Edit: for real though I’m on board if barb comes back alive but off and shaken by her experience
only to unravel into a terrifying creature straight out of The Thing

dcll

Banned
ST season 1(from the 5 or so episodes I watched) was easily one of the most overhyped things on the internet last year imo

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I hope they bring Barb back just to kill her a second later Jurassic World style.

We see her getting pooped out a giant alien monsters butt just to be crushed into paste under its huge tentacle foot. Then 11 makes a joke about Eggos. The end.

jmood88

The Barb shit (everything outside of the show) was so damn annoying. I'm sure people will be running the joke even further into the ground.

Awesome! Here's hoping it's just as good as the first seasons. Really loving the approach they seem to be going for though.

Sean Astin is another great 80's nod. Happy for the dude.

It's not like he's not working though. This is the first notable things he's been in, in years though.

Why is Barb still a thing. Why is that character so popular.

Because she had a notable death scene, other then that though, her character is heavily insignificant, and the fans "gushing" over her, is just unnecessary and not needed at all, but hey it's to be expected, I suppose.

It's amazing how consistently horrible EW's covers are. Surely they doing this on purpose.

”Each episode is building on the last one. It gets much crazier than it ever got in season 1."

Better live up to that hype.

EDIT: smh at all these Barb hatin' posts.

hydruxo

ST season 1(from the 5 or so episodes I watched) was easily one of the most overhyped things on the internet last year imo

Lmao you didn't even finish the whole season and you think it's overhyped. Yikes.

Best new show of 2016 IMO. It was incredible.

Jonathan x Nancy let's go

Finished watching a few days ago, loved it. Mike should wear glasses and fight other lovcraftian horrors.

The meme status of Barb got inflated too much. She was in a small handful of scenes. They honestly need to move on.

The most they should do in S2 is have Nancy go to a memorial for Barb at the high school to pay her respects and leave it at that. Like, Barb's only real significance in S1 was to set up Nancy's arc to line up with the others.
Barb probably would've been more forgettable if there were more victims from the shadow monster. Also Nancy spent a large portion of the season trying to figure out what happened to Barb. So Barb was hard to be forgotten. The Barb hate here is irrational.

Guessing some creature or shadow monster finds Barb's body and inhabits it. Barb returns to the real world. We'll see hints of her acting progressively weirder with Eleven also sensing something wrong with her. Shadow Monster/Barb will lure new victims into the other world. Shadow Monster moves on from Barb and inhabits other people.

hydruxo

Barb probably would've been more forgettable if there were more victims from the shadow monster. Also Nancy spent a large portion of the season trying to figure out what happened to Barb. So Barb was hard to be forgotten. The Barb hate here is irrational.

Guessing some creature or shadow monster finds Barb's body and inhabits it. Barb returns to the real world. We'll see hints of her acting progressively weirder with Eleven also sensing something wrong with her. Shadow Monster/Barb will lure new victims into the other world. Shadow Monster moves on from Barb and inhabits other people.

I really don't see them bringing her back from the dead in any shape or form. The Duffer brothers and the cast have been really up front about letting people know she's dead, and I think the only reason they keep bringing up the "justice for Barb" thing is because there's simply some acknowledgement and/or closure for Barb's disappearance in the beginning of S2.

dcll

Banned
Lmao you didn't even finish the whole season and you think it's overhyped. Yikes.

Best new show of 2016 IMO. It was incredible.
opinions and all that

I was like
giphy.gif
with the
monster and other dimension thing was pretty lame. The monster was not quite as bad as the laughable muppet baby Master from the The Strain though. I got to the part where the boy crawled through the tree. All of that and the fake body.....

I don't hate the character. She's a good character for what she is: The friend who dies early on.

As much as I'm looking forward to S2, for me more content means more chance of there being a "Remember when Stranger Things was good" period. I really loved S1 and that would crush me

cwmartin

opinions and all that

I was like
giphy.gif
with the
monster and other dimension thing was pretty lame. The monster was not quite as bad as the laughable muppet baby Master from the The Strain though. I got to the part where the boy crawled through the tree. All of that and the fake body.....

I don't believe you were ever a kid if this show didn't blow away your expectations. You were born a boring 36 year old banker, only explanation.

I don't understand the skepticism at all. We've seen two trailers so far and both have been fantastic, especially the Comic-Con one.

Shows are capable of having more than one good season. They've given me no reason to believe they're going to screw this up.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
As much as I'm looking forward to S2, for me more content means more chance of there being a "Remember when Stranger Things was good" period. I really loved S1 and that would crush me

This seems like such an odd and backward way to look at things. Of course it could be bad but it could also be good too. Not too mention the earlier season will still be there for you to enjoy.

Steejee

'The Barb Thing' was also a bit of 'The loyal but unattractive friend suffers a horrible fate while everything works out basically fine for the hot one'.

Because the internet.

The internet is where the show lives.

I'm not complaining about people liking Barb or wanting more of Barb. I got no problems with that. That's fandom.

I'm just curious as to what that could have meant. I wasn't expecting to read about Barb having any part to play in this season, is all.

(Seriously though, Netflix is an internet service. The idea that "The internet" is some sort of weird outlier in any of its shows' popularity doesn't make any sense. "The internet" is why we're able to watch and then talk about any of this. It's not an outlier. It's where we are.)

hydruxo

I don't understand the skepticism at all. We've seen two trailers so far and both have been fantastic, especially the Comic-Con one.

Shows are capable of having more than one good season. They've given me no reason to believe they're going to screw this up.

Yeah I don't get it either. There is still so much to delve into with these characters. The Duffers have said they've had a whole notebook full of ideas for the Upside Down since pre-S1, so that's another thing that they can expand the scope of the show with.

Fuchsdh

Seriously. They're photoshopped to look like they're wearing ghost masks.

I'm not entirely sure the editorial staff has ever seen real human beings in the wild, because I can't fathom why they consistently make people look bad on all their covers.

I think with Barb it's likely just them actually acknowledging her death/disappearance in the context of the show. That really hasn't happened yet.

Top Bottom