• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "THE LAST OF US" Screenshots

DonMigs85

A PS4 launch game is not going to sell as well as this, delaying it, to spend more money on it, to sell less copies is in no way a good idea. The meme about launching IPs at the start of a generation is bollocks, this biggest IP in gaming is CoD, and was first released mid-last gen, and got huge with CoD4, also not the start of a generation, it means nothing.

Sony could InFamous 3 and Uncharted 4 in the first year of PS3, they don't need this to launch a system.
I agree. It's harder for launch games to find legs nowadays unlike say, Mario 64 or Halo.

Elixist

Destroyed beauty right?

Indeed. Thats a Cliffy B excerpt right? The look of the environment reminds me of Gears alot, but with softer textures.

No, i'd guess that most of us aren't interested in waiting to 2014 to 2015 to play this game just so we can play it in a higher resolution.

Agreed, GIVE IT TO ME NAO! Seriously though I just hope this has fresh gameplay and doesnt remind one of an Uncharted mod or someshit.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So, people actually want to wait for 2-3 years, and spend $400 odd to play the game at a higher visual fidelity? How does this make any sense at all?

Such amazing potential, imagine if they had decided to use this as a PS4 LAUNCH GAME

Sony is retarded and Naughty is dumb. Perfect way to start a new IP is at the beginning of a new gen.

I'm a graphics whore, but as long as the game is awesome who cares whether it's 1080p or not?

DonMigs85

Speaking of which, this stuff is great
tostitos-dip-creamy-spinach.gif

kadotsu

Banned
Looks gorgeous. I hope ND manages to solve the "mass murderer conundrum" with this game. I don't want to play cliche combat scenarios anymore.
"Oh, we just jumped down a ledge into an open space with some waist high object scattered in a pattern that creates 2 choke points, 3 ambush routes and 1 higher ground defensive position. Oh, look! There are those bad guys coming at us in waves, we should duck behind cover and shoot them all."
I want to hunt game, run away from bears, establish a base of operation and run down some thugs that stole my water. It is still early and I bet there is still a lot to be revealed. I'm content with yet another good to great TPS with actual characters but this could be much, much more.

jett

D-Member
I'm fairly certain this have been ripped out(horribly btw) from the digital version of Gameinformer.

LCfiner

The compression is not doing those pics any favours. I am really interested in this game. One of the few games of 2012 that I’m really looking forward to. I hope it all comes together.

This game looks like it may be awfully violent. Are they going for a Teen rating? I hope so because I don't think I can stomach seeing any gore or hearing swear words worse than the S-word.

I just have a feeling that the dude is going to curse a lot, though :(

Maybe they'll have a softcore mode, lol

DieH@rd

Banned
This game looks like it may be awfully violent. Are they going for a Teen rating? I hope so because I don't think I can stomach seeing any gore or hearing swear words worse than the S-word.

Its M rated.

Let's hope there are unicorns in this game and when you gut someone, rainbows gush out of their wounds! And no spinach please, oh god no.

I don't want to sound insensitive but is this a joke post?

Anteater

Looks good, pretty much how I imagined it to look from the last 2 shots, though need better resolution pics, going through some of those areas will be a blast, reminds me of the train crash site from UC2.

If they execute all the ideas the mentioned right, it will be awesome. Running and hiding behind obstacles with enemies trying to get a clear shot of you looks kind of good in my head. (and that you could die from one shot).

Anteater

and you call yourself Gattsu

Such amazing potential, imagine if they had decided to use this as a PS4 LAUNCH GAME

Sony is retarded and Naughty is dumb. Perfect way to start a new IP is at the beginning of a new gen.

Agreed. The tech will be much better used on the PS4, and Sony would have had a killer game at launch.

Zzoram

Those screenshots make me sad. Can't wait until clothing no longer looks low resolution and sharp edged.

KageMaru

Poor shots, but the game still looks great and actually looks like a game now and not a tech demo. I also love the concept art, reveals some interesting scenes possibly in the game.

I just hope the gunplay is good, shooting was easily the worst thing about UC3.

Did you try it after the patch? Felt much better afterwards.

Angry Fork

what

if you're not trolling I'm going to rage

Looking at individual elements doesn't make the game look great but looking it as a whole screen and as a whole package it looks great to me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
What a terrible batch of screens :/ the previous ones have looked much better bullshot or not. I refuse to believe this is what the game will end up looking like, just looks like terrible captures.

Uncharted 3 had horrible IQ. Hopefully this will be better.

What? Compared to what exactly?

Against x2SSAA on a PC or other console games?

What a terrible batch of screens :/ the previous ones have looked much better bullshot or not. I refuse to believe this is what the game will end up looking like, just looks like terrible captures.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34978785&postcount=66

It's pretty obvious these are upscaled.

Top Bottom