• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "THE LAST OF US" Screenshots

Dennis

Banned
When is this coming out?

When we get closer to the release of PS4 any hype for a PSoldandtired game will suffer.

A PS4 launch game is not going to sell as well as this, delaying it, to spend more money on it, to sell less copies is in no way a good idea. The meme about launching IPs at the start of a generation is bollocks, the biggest IP in gaming is CoD, and was first released mid-last gen, and got huge with CoD4, also not the start of a generation, it means nothing.

Sony could have InFamous 3 and Uncharted 4 in the first year of PS4, they don't need this to launch a system.

I also wonder what gives people the idea that Naughty Dog would want to do something lazy like releasing this game on the PS4 at a higher resolution. Why would they want that to be their first next gen work? Everything about this game is built with the PS3 in mind. The graphics, animation, scale etc. Just dumping it onto the PS4 and calling it a day wouldn't be their style. They'd want to rebuild everything for that system, and that's why there's no way that it would be ready for the launch.

StuBurns

Banned
When is this coming out?

When we get closer to the release of PS4 any hype for a PSoldandtired game will suffer.
PS4 won't be announced when this is released if that's what you're asking. This is Q4/Q1, PS4 isn't at E3 this year, so it'll be announced next June most likely.

dr_rus

I'm interested in story and gameplay but as for graphics -- it looks too generic to me. Also I'm past the point where anything from this gen of consoles could've impressed me graphically.

I also wonder what gives people the idea that Naughty Dog would want to do something lazy like releasing this game on the PS4 at a higher resolution. Why would they want that to be their first next gen work? Everything about this game is built with the PS3 in mind. The graphics, animation, scale etc. Just dumping it onto the PS4 and calling it a day wouldn't be their style. They'd want to rebuild everything for that system, and that's why there's no way that it would be ready for the launch.

ND would have rebuild the game for the PS4 from the beginning.

terrier

this game looks like is going the right way to become a great new IP. I kinda agree with those who think new IPs are way more relevant at the start of the generation but hell, great way to improve even further ps3 first party games which are imo, the best this generation.

Yup.

I can pretend them being badly ripped off GI's digital version is the main reason for that, but we all know the sad truth. :(

new consoles please

The truth is that it's gonna somehow look worst then U3? Hell, even U2? oO

No one is pretending, that is what happened, those shots are upscaled.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
r57aedb4.jpg

Very very very very very early in development or just shitty image quality?
No way they are releasing the game looking like that.

Dennis

Banned
There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the best looking game on the PSfortheloveofgodjustdragitoutback when it releases but it just seems like such a missed opportunity for Sony to have an exciting NEW IP for launch.

terrier

well, maybe they could work on a updated version for PS4 launch, like zelda for wii/GC l. But if it releases late 2012/early 2013 it may still be a while until ps4 hits the streets.

Haunted

People who think that guy looks anything like Drake must be fucking blind.

Which simultaneously explains most of the "great screens!" posts.

he totally looks like drake in some pics though

bc3y9arj.jpg

I don't see how that looks like drake. Is it the upscaled/low quality jpg/face blurred with motion blur look that they both share?

*edit* I keep forgetting I don't have to remove IMG tags any more.

This game looks like it may be awfully violent. Are they going for a Teen rating? I hope so because I don't think I can stomach seeing any gore or hearing swear words worse than the S-word.

I just have a feeling that the dude is going to curse a lot, though :(
lol again with this

anyway pics look great, the content that is.

StuBurns

Banned
People don't seriously believe these are native direct feed shots surely? They're upscaled, probably from the ones someone posted yesterday.

don't stop

720p :(

We've been gaming on PCs with resolutions above 720p since this generation started, or even the last one. Why is this NOW a problem? I don't get it.

New consoles won't be here till 2013/14, don't expect console games to change till then.

Grisby

Wasn't completely hot on this at the reveal but I'm digging it more now. I think that screen where the heroes are getting pulled out of the car is the best for me. Love the expressions that are going on in there.

Haunted

We've been gaming on PCs with resolutions above 720p since this generation started, or even the last one. Why is this NOW a problem? I don't get it.

New consoles won't be here till 2013/14, don't expect console games to change till then.
Standards evolve. I was totally on board with "Wii games look good enough" in 2005.

I don't expect consoles to perform beyond their 2005 hardware, but I sure as hell will bitch about in 2012.

*high fives Dennis*

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ruined by being blurry and low res.

Imagine 1080p

For the love of God, delay this game.
The game won't look like this, don't be silly. These are some crappy video captures. Also, I'd rather not have a top studio release a game on a console launch. Let them figure out ins and outs of it first, then make a game.

Standards evolve. I was totally on board with "Wii games look good enough" in 2005.

I don't expect consoles to perform beyond their 2005 hardware, but I sure as hell will bitch about in 2012.

*high fives Dennis*

Unless you only started gaming on a PC recently I don't see how standards on IQ can evolve.

I never felt Wii games looked good enough in 2005, I doubt Dennis did too.

Irish

People who think that guy looks anything like Drake must be fucking blind.

Which simultaneously explains most of the "great screens!" posts.

I think the same goes for the Ellen Page comparisons and most lookalike comparisons in general. 95% of the time they aren't very close at all. I imagine these folk go out into the world and get totally lost and confused because everything looks exactly the same. Heh.

But yeah... the composition of the screens is nice, but the quality of them is quite awful. Video grabs or pulled from the GI digital issue?

I really hope the melee in this game turns out really good. I want crazy good context sensitive animations in this game like they did with U3 and Rocksteady did with the Arkham games. It would be nice if every fight was visually unique.

I wonder how much of your environment can be picked up and used as a weapon. Really can't wait to see this in motion.
__

Also, from my notes on DennisK4:

This man is willing to play games at 5 FPS as long as he can ensure he is getting the maximum graphical potential out of whatever is on his screen. In fact, I can't even be sure he plays games. Instead, he partakes in an activity known as screenshooting. I deem him to be clinically insane. :p

todahawk

Wasn't completely hot on this at the reveal but I'm digging it more now. I think that screen where the heroes are getting pulled out of the car is the best for me. Love the expressions that are going on in there.

Yeah, same here... definitely on my radar now.

As for the Drake similarities, it could be middle-aged Drake for all I care. And i'm not concerned about the graphic quality at this point either. It's Naughty Dog, not some new and unproven game dev. If it looks as solid as U2/U3 then I'm happy.

Top Bottom