• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3 information from Gamestar

Terra_Ex

Everything continues to sound fantastic, still my most anticipated title. Really looking forward to seeing Ciri, Yennefer and other characters from the books finally making appearances.

1080p 30 fps.

PS4 has already been confirmed to be 1080p a while back, pretty sure it's still the same.

I just wanna hear if it performs well

If it is like in the W2 is just a matter of adding things to weapons that are already great rather than starting from scratch, as in, 'To get the best sword you have to add this thing you found in a chest to the this sword that you found in a chest'.

Oh then that's OK, I don't like crafting specially complex/in depth one but that sounds simple enough to not become a hassle. (I love grinding for XP, items and gold but not crafting)

Dargor

Manly beards that grow even more manly by the day for everyone!

Really liking those infos. Sounds like this game is gonna be huge like an ocean and deep as one too lol.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

DOWN

Banned
But then people would complain that the world is empty.

Yeah, they would. And it's disappointing that it affects every open world game even when they're supposed to seem massive and have wild roaming plains and forests. They just load them because people complain that they think any empty spaces are bad and they need more 'density'.

The facial hair renaissance continues!

Is it coincidental that it's happening alongside the McConaissance?

matthew-mcconaughey-sex-appeal-lincoln-ads.jpg

I think not.

rashbeep

Banned
Sounds really great. Can't wait to see the Ultra Settings. CDPR is going to show Ubisoft how to do PC versions.

Dude obviously hasn't played Driveclub.

To be fair, we haven't really seen much of the weather system from TW3. But yes, DC is the most impressive weather system I've seen so far.

DOWN

Banned
Will it have any stunning iridescent visuals? I need a AAA game with some colorful visuals like this.

4nJWmS2.gif

sublimit

Banned
Aw man i'm going to be playing this game for months! Love all the info ,the only thing (detail) i'm not too happy about is the doors opening automatically.The less automation the better IMO.

Kazuhira

"Best items in the game must be crafted"
Aaaand here we go again,time to farm orens with arm wrestling and fist fights.

R&R

I know the joke is getting a bit old but still:

So Ciri mini-quest inside The Witcher 3 confirmed longer than The Order 1886. They should have sold it separately for 60 bucks...
not really, this is actually the right way...go CDPR!

It's been tweaked to be more responsive and less rolly. Attack animations are quicker and can be cancelled by dodges. Parry looks less awkward as well. Hard to judge it from videos though cause they always seem to have the enemies set to brain dead on all of their demonstrations.

Ah ok, sounds better but I suppose I'll wait for initial impressions before jumping in. Thanks!

erawsd

Yea, that kinda disappoints me. I feel as if the best gear should be found only through exploration.

Its actually a combination of the two. They mentioned previously that Geralt will find schematics from exploring chest or as rewards, then he has to collect the ingredients which may require taking down tough monsters, and finally he'll need to find a crafter that has the skill to create the item.

Its actually a combination of the two. They mentioned previously that Geralt will find schematics from exploring chest or as rewards, then he has to collect the ingredients which may require taking down tough monsters, and finally he'll need to find a crafter that has the skill to create the item.

I just had a panic attack reading this post, flashbacks to Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Say it ain't so.

iNvid02

i dont know what i will do when i get my hands on this game

it might be too much for me i may just sit there and weep

Yeul

I'm happy that this seems to be a large game, I'll be sinking many hours into it and can't wait to see Witcher 2 references and play as Ciri yay.~

Dinda

Sounds great, would be cool if we could also play as Ciri in Post Game. (They said you can play on after you finished the mainquest right?)

Nokterian

Geralts beard will grow over time

Game of the year all ready for me. Can't wait to play it!

Novigrad and No Man's Land are indeed one single map, much bigger than Skyrim. The isles of Skellige form the other big part of the game. Next to that, there are 5-6 other separated locations, including Kaer Morhen.

Holy shit that is fucking massive!

noshten

So much information, can't wait to get my hands on it - I've got it preordered for an year and half now but I know I wanted to support CD Projekt RED on this game.

The information about enemies/monsters not respawning sounds interesting to me. It means when you are done with an area monster might not spawn for a few days there allowing you to know that you have finished the questing there for the time being. It will be interesting how much time it takes for the area to repopulate.
Definetly sounds like needing to explore thus not spending too much time in one zone.
The quest information sound very promising, hopefully it holds up. I really enjoyed the main quests in Witcher 2.

58519471.jpg

Bl@de

Oh boy ... I needed 40h for Witcher 2 in hard mode. This game sounds like 150h for me.

And Pillars is around the corner

Oh boy

Top Bottom