• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for The Division (3 minutes)

quote to see about 50 minutes of alpha, its been re-encoded and the game does look a lot better then what I downloaded. But its probably the best quality gameplay we have had so far. Also it seems most of it is wandering and just walking around as the story mission really isn't till after he ended the video which is when you unlock the hub.

Still can't wait to wander around new york finding all the collectibles.

I'm game, the other video I watched had gnarly audio issues.

quote to see about 50 minutes of alpha, its been re-encoded and the game does look a lot better then what I downloaded. But its probably the best quality gameplay we have had so far. Also it seems most of it is wandering and just walking around as the story mission really isn't till after he ended the video which is when you unlock the hub.

Still can't wait to wander around new york finding all the collectibles.
The game is ~2 months away and all the gameplay we saw looked very scripted. Gimme that organic real person gameplay so I can see what the game will really be like.

DarkFlame

Banned
I will never get hyped again for a game that has Ubisoft logo in it.

Will only form an opinion on release date and based on the general feedback of the players.Untill then,it's like it's non existant for me

Will only form an opinion on release date and based on the general feedback of the players.Untill then,it's like it's non existant for me

Well, why don't you try the beta first by yourself then?
It's free anyway.

ViciousDS

Banned

why not try the beta for free? Can't hurt to try something without paying anything for it

So when does the beta start?

We have no flippin idea, rumors pointing to last week of January. We are still waiting for the media blowout this week since everyone went to an event at massive apparently. I'm hoping info tomorrow for......ANYTHING!!!

I pre-ordered from amazon on PS4 to get beta access. Depending on how much I enjoy the beta I'll either keep the pre-order or cancel it. Amazon doesn't charge the card until it ships right?

Tainted

After watching that 50min gameplay vid posted earlier, it seems pretty good. Gameplay reminds me of Borderlands, especially with the beams over the lootable items

I like the ambience of NYC with the steam pipes, dogs etc. If Ubi get the matchmaking and endgame PvE right, they could be onto a winner.

I just hope they implement local servers here (au)

I just hoped they've learned something from seeing/playing Destiny. What we don't want is a 5 hour story and the rest is grinding a very small playing area, and then expensive dlc that doesn't offer much.

ViciousDS

Banned
After watching that 50min gameplay vid posted earlier, it seems pretty good. Gameplay reminds me of Borderlands, especially with the beams over the lootable items

I like the ambience of NYC with the steam pipes, dogs etc. If Ubi get the matchmaking and endgame PvE right, they could be onto a winner.

I just hope they implement local servers here (au)

I feel ya.....if they can pull some good raid/PvE end game it will be a great real world alternative to the sci-fi fantasy setting in destiny. Plus a nice change of pace.

AU Tiger

I have no friends in my Uplay friends list and doubt any of them would install, let alone get on a uplay friends list for me to play with so that's strike one

Looks pretty good I'll admit but no chance in hell I'd even think about getting this on week 1 or even week 2 until I saw if the servers were reliable or not. I've been burned twice now with online only games and won't get burned again.

Also, I still have not heard or read anything about what they plan on having for end-game content. Seriously has anyone got a clue or heard anything?? I feel like they're just stepping into the same pile of crap that Blizzard stepped in with Diablo 3 and that Bungie are still wiping off of their feet after Destiny's non-existent end game stuff last year.

It can't simply be team deathmatch. That ain't gonna fly.. and with what appears to be a lightly loot-driven MMO with a mix of AI and PVP, their options are already pretty limited but the fact that we haven't heard them tell us why we should care about the game for more than the week or less that it will take the average person to beat (guessing here) is a bit disappointing but not surprising in the least since it's exactly how things went with blizzard and bungie.

When we beat it what do we do? What will make players keep playing? The fact that they have not discussed this (again at least to my knowledge) is a huge red flag that tells me to just wait a year until it's cheap or there is an expansion bundled with it or when there is sufficient content once you beat the main story stuff and it's $25.

:(

I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong about all of it but I feel like I know this industry too well at this point.

If I buy this on GMG can I add that key to my Steam library or do I have to go directly through Uplay? I know it's a UPLAY game I just want it to be in my Steam library officially.

Tainted

I feel ya.....if they can pull some good raid/PvE end game it will be a great real world alternative to the sci-fi fantasy setting in destiny. Plus a nice change of pace.

Indeed...I am def interested in giving it a shot, I love the setting and the gameplay seems solid. Thanks for the demonstration and upload by the way

If I buy this on GMG can I add that key to my Steam library or do I have to go directly through Uplay? I know it's a UPLAY game I just want it to be in my Steam library officially.

As it is a uPlay key, you will need to have uPlay running. If you add it as a 'non-steam game' in Steam, you will be able to launch it from there and have access to your steam overlay. In terms of friends list/s in-game though..it would be accessing your uPlay friends list and not steams

If it's anything like previous Ubi games such as FC3, even if you buy it on steam it still uses uPlay as a wrapper to launch with. I can't recall in this instance if it then uses your uPlay or Steam friends list in-game...I think it is the latter.

BKG

Banned
Does anybody know if the alpha download will become the beta? Or will people who played the alpha receive new codes for the beta

Archpath1

Does anybody know if the alpha download will become the beta? Or will people who played the alpha receive new codes for the beta

They said if you played alpha you were in beta, I still have my alpha installed in case it turns into a beta

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
cyv_qpew8aak-zll5bru.jpg

Adry9

2 two days only closed beta. What the hell?

I'm guessing 3, 4 on the One, which is... enough? There's probably a level cap somewhere so I don't think we'll get to play much of the game but just enough to get a feel for it.

With my extremely fast internet speed, I´ll have like 1 day to play the beta, if everything works fine. lol

You'll probably be able to pre-load it.

Jolkien

PSN pre order states closed beta access, no code however.

Automatically turn up in your library I assume?

Yeah you are in for the guaranteed access automatically if you buy it on the PSN store. I assume it's because our PSN account are automatically linked with U-Play or whatever it's called these days.

SJRB

Gold Member
Their FAQ doesn't even give pc spec requirements. 2 months from release, really?

They're not discussing the PC version because they have a marketing deal with Microsoft for the Xbox One. It's the same reason all the press who went to the event last week are only allowed to talk about the Xbone version until NDA of the PC version lifts.

Top Bottom