• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for The Division (3 minutes)

Except that other Ubisoft studios have little to do with the development of the game aside from asset creation. Massive Entertainment lead the development of the engine and the game itself. Only four studios are working on the title.

People should really stop trying to throw a blanket across the entire company as if their studios aren't one single entity. It's like saying, "I know this is by Bioware, but i'll completely ignore that and their past games, EA, EA, EA."

im more coming at it from an angle of : ubisoft is never going to greenlight the huge amt of extra money it would take to differentiate the pc version from the consoles. the furthest they go is when nvidia pays them to add gameworks effects(and they dont even bother spending the development time to ensure those function properly. they just cash the check, put out a fake gameworks trailer and ship the broken features.) AFAIK this title has never been even rumored to support them. also, how do you explain the almost aliasing free footage?

IvanJ

Banned
From what we've been told, playing the co-operative stuff solo is as close as you'll get to single player. Not surprising since this game was made with co-op in mind.

I don't mind that. As long as I can put my settings to "solo" (like in Borderlands, for example).

Quonny

My friend played the alpha for some company and absolutely loved it. He's a bit weary after Destiny, but he thought it was way more fleshed out from the two hours he played.

tbd

Wew, an Ubisoft game. And a shooter. Can't wait to play this at 20 FPS on my 980 Ti.

Let's hype this baby up.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Damn. Was definitely interested in this, but this just got me hyped all over again. This looks fantastic.

Ricker

That looked pretty official to me,wonder why they blocked it...just need to decide on which console I will ge this...might have to go X1 just because I have more online friends there,co-op is only in party of 3 though right...?

Azzurri

SO it's a hubbed base multiplayer game like Destiny?

Too bad, I really wish it was a open seamless world without hubbs.

Staf

If you want you can just play the whole game alone like a RPG. Only in the base hub you gonna see other players walking arround. Or in the darkzone wich is the pvp section of the game.

Thanks for the info. Will give this a go when released.

CHC

Looks really good. I'm glad to finally see a really complete, believable trailer. I haven't been following the game super closely or anything but the marketing has been very vague, so I look forward to watching this again in English for a breakdown of what it's all about.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
im more coming at it from an angle of : ubisoft is never going to greenlight the huge amt of extra money it would take to differentiate the pc version from the consoles. the furthest they go is when nvidia pays them to add gameworks effects(and they dont even bother spending the development time to ensure those function properly. they just cash the check, put out a fake gameworks trailer and ship the broken features.) AFAIK this title has never been even rumored to support them.
Ok since when are their gameworks features broken? (If by broken you mean hard to run then that isn't broken). Not to mention, the console versions will look very impressive as well. All feature large amounts of detail but obviously the pc version will be the clear winner not just in IQ and framerate.

I like the visual density in modelling in this game. There are upcoming games that look more impressive than this, but overall it is one of the better looking games.

Ok since when are their gameworks features broken? (If by broken you mean hard to run then that isn't broken). Not to mention, the console versions will look very impressive as well. All feature large amounts of detail.

syndicate - pcss and txaa broken
the crew - txaa broken
far cry 4 - txaa broken, pcss cuts perf in half and isnt even really pcss since the cascade level is far too close for any of the shadows to even have variable soft penumbra(this is after 10 patches of them fiddling with it, each time it would change but still be pretty broken. they finally gave up and settled on almost no visual differentiation more than 1 meter from your character when compared to the standard ultra shadows.)

all 3 titles featured a gameworks trailer where these same features provide different(better) visual results than in the end product. they repeatedly do this same shit. advertise features they know dont work with fake, bullshit footage right up to the day of release.

edit - i forgot the god rays in far cry 4 that also dont work like in the gameworks trailer

Crackbone

The skepticism that Ubisoft brings. It's well deserved no doubt. However this is Massive and I have very little doubt this will be a showcase piece for PC.

I was going to play on console but I think I'll be playing on PC for this one. Hoping the community on PC is as good as it will be on console but I'm willing to take the risk for the gfx upgrade.

void666

Banned
Might be a good game to play with friends. Now that we are pretty much done with destiny.
But... Ubisoft... I'll wait and see how it goes.

Oneself

It looks interesting. Though definitely not looking as good visually as it did 2 years ago, and that's a bummer. (even if it was expected).

I'm waiting for the beta, I want this game to be good.

noomi

Might be a good game to play with friends. Now that we are pretty much done with destiny.
But... Ubisoft... I'll wait and see how it goes.

This.

The Division will put the final nail in the coffin for Destiny for me. Can't wait for this.

Azzurri

It is completely open world you don't have load into different zones a la destiny planets

Oh, I didn't know that. I was hearing it was just like Destiny so I figured it was hub based, loading from zone to zone.

This is actually really awesome to know.

So are missions just picked up from your base and just wonder through the world?

Ok since when are their gameworks features broken? (If by broken you mean hard to run then that isn't broken). Not to mention, the console versions will look very impressive as well. All feature large amounts of detail but obviously the pc version will be the clear winner not just in IQ and framerate.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2t0BsiVu0jpYThXaDY4T0hMUEk/view

heres a video of how txaa functions in syndicate. download to see proper quality

heres what they advertised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04URvixusZM

This looks like a better done version of Destiny.

Now as long as post launch support is good, we're going to have an amazing game on our hands.

Kei-

So hyped, I hope the beta starts next week.

Why next week? Anything hinting at next week? I tried the alpha and it got me excited for it again since I lost my excitement some time after the initial reveal (think a lot of ppl went through this actually). Looking forward to the beta to play with more friends since not many have Xbox.

Luke_Wal

Watching an incredibly self-serious trailer in Italian while powerfully having to take a dump is certainly an experience I've never had before. Thank you, Tom Clancy.

Experien

Wait, is the Division supposed to be MMO-lite like Destiny? Am I that far out of the loop?

I feel burned by Destiny so now I am worried.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What the heck? i don't understand a single word but this looked surprisingly good.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wait, I thought the Ubishooters like Far Cry ran like a charm. At least on my hardware (which is around 5 years old)

Its a new engine, Snowdrop. Its also made by Massive which have a perfect (or close to) record of PC games.

Massive made Snowdrop and have full control over it.

It just the usual Ubihate because AssCreed was horrible. Ubisoft=/=Ubisoft

Theorry

Wait, is the Division supposed to be MMO-lite like Destiny? Am I that far out of the loop?

I feel burned by Destiny so now I am worried.

Not really. I dont really agree with the comparisons really. But its a easy one to make for alot of people. So cant blame them. Its a RPG first.
They even said that all the time.

"We are an RPG first and foremost," Nicholas said. "So the emphasis for the game is definitely on skill/talent synergies along with your weapon characteristics. We are a Clancy game, we are also an open-world game but really we’re an RPG first."

johntown

Banned
I want to like this game but I have come to realize that I really don't like any games developed by Ubisoft (I am almost always disappointed).

Anyway, this will be a wait a see. Once the game has been released and actual users have given reviews then I will decide.

purg3

slept with Malkin
hype slowly rising again for this after all of the positive alpha impressions. Video looked good too.

Top Bottom