• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TWEWY coming? [Arrange album announced - includes tracks from new iOS release]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, there's no hope, it's not worth it.
Don't let the guy hyping the countdown fool you, you will get your heart crushed twice if you do.

I'm just hoping it's all over tomorrow.
Sweet, dearest YoungBlade -- at least you know that if I'm gone... you can take solace in the fact that my soul would have been harvested into FFXIII-3 DLC costumes~ =)

CronoShot

I'm holding out hope even if this countdown fails. You don't hype up a sort of dead franchise by talking about it and putting old characters in your new game to just hype up a phone port.

kEclq.png

ghyKi.jpg

Following Capcpom's stellar example. Sort of.

Sweet, dearest YoungBlade -- at least you know that if I'm gone... you can take solace in the fact that my soul would have been harvested into FFXIII-3 DLC costumes~ =)

omg Lighting in a Yoshi costume YES!

Oh- uh... I mean... You should totally try to stay when the countdown is over!

Hmmm...I guess it's now safe to say it'll be iOS "enhanced" port with a secret trailer for the sequel. Right gaf?? right?

"Pay $4.99 dollars to see the secret ending from the original, and then pay $6.99 to see the NEW secret ending!"

It sounds like he's saying there's more. It will probably be additions to the port or something. The final reveal will probably have a trailer detailing all the new additions, some of which he probably worked on.

Pretty much. The absolute best-case scenario at this point would be a 3DS/Vita/PC port of the iOS version. A far more likely situation though, is what you described, a reveal of whatever extras the iOS version contains. Maybe the usual Final Mix-esque extra content.

yami4ct

Hmmm...I guess it's now safe to say it'll be iOS "enhanced" port with a secret trailer for the sequel. Right gaf?? right?

Odds right now as I see them: 80% it's an enhanced remake, 10% it's a remake and a cool art book, 6% Remake teases sequel, 4% actual sequel announced.

yami4ct

I'd actually be almost as happy with an enhanced 3ds/vita port as I would be with a true sequel. Is something wrong with me?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm holding out hope even if this countdown fails. You don't hype up a sort of dead franchise by talking about it and putting old characters in your new game to just hype up a phone port.

This sort of thing has been happening a lot lately... where have you been?

omg Lighting in a Yoshi costume YES!

Oh- uh... I mean... You should totally try to stay when the countdown is over!
i think they already have an internet for that bestest buddy guy who is totally looking out for my best interests

~~~
Well, AEST is 1am so I suppose I'll stick around for the fallout! Maybe some new soundtrack remix samples will be released anyway.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Spoiler:
MAYBE, they'll provide some closure to the TWEWY arc in KH? I couldn't be the only person who went from "=D" when Sora returned to Traverse and then "=|" when it turned out he was looking for Dream Eaters.

No offence Meow Wow [Mr Waffles]

I haven't seen anyone go as far as to put characters in a new game to hype a port. That seems......extreme.

Setzer was in Kingdom Hearts II, and the GBA version of FFVI came out a year later.

(And for that matter Vivi and Seifer were also in KHII, and FFVIII/IX got jack)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I haven't seen anyone go as far as to put characters in a new game to hype a port. That seems......extreme.

On the flip side, FF Versus XIII has made cameos of some kind in Dissidia FF, and Theatrhythm FF and the game isn't even close to being out yet. It can go both ways I suppose.

yami4ct

Setzer was in Kingdom Hearts II, and the GBA version of FFVI came out a year later.

(And for that matter Vivi and Seifer were also in KHII, and FFVIII/IX got jack)

Touche, though if I remember correctly those were more cameos than the TWEWY stuff in 3D.

Screw this, I'm riding this hype train 'till the tracks end!

On the flip side, FF Versus XIII has made cameos of some kind in Dissidia FF, and Theatrhythm FF and the game isn't even close to being out yet. It can go both ways I suppose.

Well, one thing is a track in THEATRHYTHM, another thing is the presence of all the main characters of TWEWY in KH3D. The latter required much more effort, since they're basically a part of the plot.

I think we shouldn't expect something new or a sequel. About TWEWY characthers in KHDDD, I mean there's a lot of characters who gets modelised and then got no use in other game.

Square could have just used some Final Fantasy character as they have always done. Still, that's trolling :)

But as I said, does it mean they'll use it in another game ? I mean, in KH1 there was Cloud and Sephiroth... but no FF7 remake or sequel.
The Disney characters you can see in the games ? Never used again. I think TWEWY characters are just a kind of "cameo" because it's on 3DS.

Ehh... I really wouldn't look at the KH3D cameos as an indication of anything regarding TWEWY as a whole (Blurb about Rhyme's VA aside, of course) since cameos in KH titles are usually just fanservice without any sort of agendas behind their inclusion.

With that said, the best case scenario I can think of is that the iOS version is getting some extra content. (Like how the FFIV-VI Advance ports got some extra bosses and an additional dungeon) And honestly, I'd be okay with that.

Because for me she was the best designed character featured on the cover and the only non-playable one?

She seemed pretty much useless, that's what I'm getting at. There's a reason
she dies in the first week
. Neat character, but can't see her being much good in a fight, unless they do something contrived.

Chopper

Am I the only person who focussed on the top screen during battles? I just made sure to assign easily activated badges, that involved just tapping or swiping, and concentrated on the top screen at all times!

Zornica

Banned
Am I the only person who focussed on the top screen during battles? I just made sure to assign easily activated badges, that involved just tapping or swiping, and concentrated on the top screen at all times!

did basically the same thing for most of the game, but in week 3 I started to focus more and more on the bottom screen, probably because there was more going on later, and more stuff to avoid.

Oxx

I should probably use this furore to inspire me to give the game another go. I just haven't been able to progress far in the DS version so far.

But as I said, does it mean they'll use it in another game ? I mean, in KH1 there was Cloud and Sephiroth... but no FF7 remake or sequel.
The Disney characters you can see in the games ? Never used again. I think TWEWY characters are just a kind of "cameo" because it's on 3DS.

Kingdom Hearts was born as a crossover between Final Fantasy and Disney, and therefore it's obvious the presence of characters from the respective franchises didn't mean anything beyond the game itself. TWEWY presence, instead, surprised many, and Nomura himself stated that it would have been a "hint for the future". Now, if you put characters (and they're not just a cameo, they're part of the plot in first hours and then again for a comeback in their world) in a 3DS game, while you could have just reused Final Fantasy characters, and hint something about the series, people will expect something on that very console, and something that could appeal fan of the game. Porting on iOS it's just the opposite.

jaxword

So about 4 hours left? It will be midnight here and I have work tomorrow. Am I a fool for staying up for this?

...yes. You already know it's an IOS port. Why would you damage your health for a video game announcement, especially one that you already know about?

Zenaku

So about 4 hours left? It will be midnight here and I have work tomorrow. Am I a fool for staying up for this?

Like I said earlier, the last update (when the last few days on the countdown became available) occurred at 2PM GMT, so there's a chance that the countdown may also end today at 2PM GMT (1hr 20mins away). Not guaranteed of course, but maybe.

Sushigod7

I'm a sucker let me on the hype train.

So with the new soundtrack are we going to get a US release? I'm getting excited for the Jet Grind Radio release here next month and this would be nice to have on the playlist. If not I guess I can just import.

Zornica

Banned
1 hour left...
also the absence of a new nintendo direct is somehow unsettling. It has been way over the usual 2 months since the last one...

Maybe it's being substituted by the press event in a few weeks.
While I'm heavily anticipating Wii U news, I would still like some substantive 3DS news to be announced or discussed!

Everything looks fantastic for Japan but the West, particularly PAL Land, particularly Australia, still looks pretty barren...

Well, if this countdown did anything, it got me playing the game again.

TWEWY seriously has one of the best postgames and implementations of New Game+ ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom