• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted screens and movies

J-Rzez

Holy Shit... Seriously... This is it, this is what I was hoping to get out of this gen near the end... We get it one year after a machine's release... Fucking crazy... IF this game gets ragged on for no apparent reason, we should ban said site for their totally unrealistic and out of the ordinary "expectations" of the PS3 that they would slander and rape the score this game gets... If they take points off for lack of MP, they should be discredited as well... We've seen enough on this game, we've had reports that the gameplay is tweaked and fixed to what people wanted out of it... It's a 10-12hour game with enough reasons to play through it again... It looks like what everyone said was so great in other games, all wrapped up into one package that exceeds every said game... This is the complete package considering how damned good it looks on top of everything else, and the music/sound also seems to be top-quality... And, apparently, there's a thing called a story in it...

First site I predict to receive this fate: *******

Kittonwy

Banned
karasu said:
This is so exciting! What an exciting game!

Now I'll have to get home to download this rawr.
angry.gif

jakeellis01

Here's some Concept Artwork
I don't know if I'm supposed I should be posting this here, but imo they're so pretty everyone deserves to have a look at :D

4qkvv2dkxb.jpg

9zcsimrxro.jpg

0y904i6bj1.jpg

4ljechyx37.jpg

9g162mx73d.jpg

3cgnyauj0l.jpg

8pqj4u0b42.jpg

hhcukzdeoq.jpg

uv9ru9yol2.jpg

qu2stengkr.jpg

jdc04d4xe0.jpg

8890nyh2uz.jpg

x21a59cik8.jpg

4keds4hnyv.jpg

iedq0lcvvn.jpg

40g1goltay.jpg

had enough for today.... need to sleep... will post more tomorrow...

Atomspike

Ok! that's it , i can't wait anymore ! plz somebody tell me where can i find a cryogenic sleep chamber ? i wanna wake up in November the 20th , no more , no less

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
VonGak! said:
Wollan is from Norway, they are easily impressed and got oil money to spare. ^.^ I can say this because I'm not from Norway.

:lol :lol :lol

I trust everything he says, even when he's sarcastic. No, wait. Uh, I don't know anymore.

I think the playlist on the GT stream I saw must have been different. If he says OMG, I would probably say OMMFG, and I didn't see an OMMFG video. Now, FFS, I have to go through all the gametrailers vids again. ;)

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Atomspike said:
Ok! that's it , i can't wait anymore ! plz somebody tell me where can i find a cryogenic sleep chamber ? i wanna wake up in November the 20th , no more , no less

Howzabout a hammer? ;) I'll lend it to you after I knock myself out.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
All I know is that it's an island in the Pacific - an island that could contain the greatest treasure the world has ever seen.
Watch ND pull a cliffhanger straight out of Jak 1. Drake and co. find the treasure, they begin to open to the container it's in, bright glowing light emanates, blinds everyone, don't show the actual treasure, cut to credits, see you in Uncharted 2: We've Been Transported to Daxterville. :p

Ploid 3.0

kaching said:
Watch ND pull a cliffhanger straight out of Jak 1. Drake and co. find the treasure, they begin to open to the container it's in, bright glowing light emanates, blinds everyone, don't show the actual treasure, cut to credits, see you in Uncharted 2: We've Been Transported to Daxterville. :p

Oh man, you had to say it. You just jinxed it. But that's so cliche.

Dante

jiggle said:
1065_0002.jpg

Oooooo, that must be the dome he looked out from in the other screens.

You know a games graphics are ridiculous when you can no longer decipher between screenshot and concept art.

Gribbix

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh man, you had to say it. You just jinxed it. But that's so cliche.

Jinxed it? Watch this video and fast forward to the 3:20 mark. Amy Hennig, the game director, outright says that the nice thing about this genre is that it's "perfectly suited for episodic content and cliffhangers in the sense of on-going adventures." Plus, she also directed most of the LoK series which almost all ended in cliffhanger endings. Anyone expecting things to be perfectly wrapped up at the end are simply setting themselves up for disappointment. On the bright side, we can look forward to many more adventures with Nathan Drake.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
kaching said:

I hope they have that in there but as a joke ending you can only get in the UNCHARTED difficulty :D !

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Dante said:
You know a games graphics are ridiculous when you can no longer decipher between screenshot and concept art.

Yeah its freaking awesome this and Ratchet concepts hit it really close man if not exceed it.

Sin

Hmmm... so I was trying to figure out the decoder picture and came up with this:

stic
par
agis
magna

Googling the words it seems like a message in a foreign language (Portugese?), if anybody can help with the decoding it would be much appreciated.

Raistlin

jakeellis01 said:
here we go:

Balance... Drake balances himself according to the Six-Axis controller... very sensitive and really not easy
557tg95ky1.jpg

and this is what happens when you fail to do so
q1y7o1vahq.jpg

you can also dodge while balancing if you're good enough
3s6ayc4353.jpg

blind fire
07jl03oc32.jpg

cover
ytcx094qmv.jpg

oh... i just love this one
oya2mvto1o.jpg

huge fort landscape
4rgxqlrnzk.jpg

lovely jubbly animation here
0piklfsno4.jpg

laser cover!!
4qvesr3zs7.jpg

darke parachute view
mjzabna6cm.jpg

1065_0002.jpg

I will eventually post some low res artwork when I'll have some free time

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

This game is fucking insane 0_0

Raist

Banned
Sin said:
Hmmm... so I was trying to figure out the decoder picture and came up with this:

stic
par
agis
magna

Googling the words it seems like a message in a foreign language (Portugese?), if anybody can help with the decoding it would be much appreciated.

:eek:

How did you get those words ?

edit : looks like latin btw.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Looking great! I can't wait :)

jakeellis01 said:
Here's some Concept Artwork
I don't know if I'm supposed I should be posting this here, but imo they're so pretty everyone deserves to have a look at :D

4ljechyx37.jpg

This is so cool, but how the F did the sub get there :lol

Kinan

Sin said:

stic
par
agis
magna

Well, i'm not sure about first word, but others are latin:

par = like or equal

agis = (to) do

magna = great

EDIT: First word doesn't look latin at all, can you double check if you got it right? :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I keep saying "this" game has the best graphics ever and "that" game has the best graphics ever... first Heavenly Sword, then Uncharted, then Ratchet, now it's Uncharted again. Wtf?

konrad77

Seiken said:
I keep saying "this" game has the best graphics ever and "that" game has the best graphics ever... first Heavenly Sword, then Uncharted, then Ratchet, now it's Uncharted again. Wtf?
They polished the graphics, and its on another level now, is that so hard to see?

Top Bottom