• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted screens (wwhooa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopers

I am multitalented
SolidSnakex said:
Lets just say that if you think Uncharted's collision detection will get nitpicked, you don't want to see AC's.

The TGS build made huge improvements in this department.

snoopers said:
The TGS build made huge improvements in this department.

Good to hear they've improved on that.

Some shots from Sirolfs video.

294iept.jpg

264oms7.jpg

afbosy.jpg

sbpyxj.jpg

zmo96o.jpg

-viper-

Banned
Looks absolutely awesome.

I'm not knocking Gears here, but I prefer Uncharted to Gears Of War in terms of graphics. Why? Not everything is shiny, and the colour! Still GoW looks great.

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Now conspiracy-hat me all you like, but I certainly won't be surprised when this game gets nitpicked to hell by critics. Every little flaw will be highlighted, regardless of how great the bigger picture is.

Like Warhawk before it, Uncharted essentially has to earn every praise.

VonGak!

Banned
Thunderbear said:
I don't know, perhaps LBP and Ratchet and Clank hasn't done much tech talk but Bioshock went on and on about their water. I don't blame people for wanting to highlight their accomplishments, but I agree that if they are great they really don't need to be talked about. You should just notice them.

I think Sony is just under a lot of scrutiny period right now. E3 '05 is in my opinion where they went wrong, and people take a long time to let go. Microsoft came out really had a horrible MTV unveiling, and then produced a few games that looked way better than what they promised (GRAW and then 6-9 months later Gears of War comes to mind).

So yeah... expect Sony 1st party games to get scrutinized for a while yet. Personally I think it sucks, but people are people.

Your memory must be playing games with you because MS showed a CG render for GR-AW which looked a lot better than the final result and flooded the Internet with CG shots of GeoW, not forgetting the Halo 3 trailer.

The press never complained about this, so it can't be there the explanation is to be found.

spwolf

-viper- said:
Looks absolutely awesome.

I'm not knocking Gears here, but I prefer Uncharted to Gears Of War in terms of graphics. Why? Not everything is shiny, and the colour! Still GoW looks great.

well GOW is year old game (by the time Uncharted goes out) so obviously new games can have better graphics. Even Epic said that currently UT3 has better graphics than GOW (with months left for improvement).

Nevertheless, Uncharted looks amazing. They should invent new score scale in reviews to score it properly... However I am sure that due to double standards, it wont get 10 in graphics dept.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So when's the release date now again?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Raist said:
November 20th in the US

December in Europe
Uh, seems abit too early? How long have they been developing this awesome looking game? Too many titles to buy this year... gosh.

Madman

VonGak! said:
Your memory must be playing games with you because MS showed a CG render for GR-AW which looked a lot better than the final result and flooded the Internet with CG shots of GeoW, not forgetting the Halo 3 trailer.

The press never complained about this, so it can't be there the explanation is to be found.
I was going to psot the same thing.

If Uncharted is reviewed and gets the same or a worse score than Halo 3 graphically, I'm never going to take whatever site wrote it seriously ever again.

VonGak!

Banned
Madman said:

If Uncharted is reviewed and gets the same or a worse score than Halo 3 graphically, I'm never going to take whatever site wrote it seriously ever again.

Exactly and I'm expecting to say the same about sound.

Nolan. said:
Such lush greens.
Cut it Nolan, the green colours are due to the handheld camera and not the game.

Raist

Banned
Can someone explain me why stage 6 doesn't work on my comp ? :/

I can dl the video and watch it (so no codec problem), but can't stream it. Got an error message "can not download the video"

:(

VonGak!

Banned
Raist said:
Can someone explain me why stage 6 doesn't work on my comp ? :/

I can dl the video and watch it (so no codec problem), but can't stream it. Got an error message "can not download the video"

:(

You needn't worry, SolidSnakex's screen graps pretty much cover the entire Uncharted part, the rest is from other games at the show.

jett

D-Member
Linkzg said:
I may come off as overblowing it, but after hearing it on 1upyours yesterday when it was said Halo 3 had better humans than MGS4 because MGS4 had an uncanny valley effect was just sickening.

:lol WHAT? Guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from 1UP.

Linkzg said:
I may come off as overblowing it, but after hearing it on 1upyours yesterday when it was said Halo 3 had better humans than MGS4 because MGS4 had an uncanny valley effect was just sickening.

Except they didn't say that. What Jeremy said was because a lot of the characters are helmeted or aliens then it avoids the Uncanny Vally. They all agreed the standard humans were the week spot, unless I'm mistaken.

-viper-

Banned
Madman said:

If it doesn't get a minimum of 9.5 in graphics from IGN, then clearly they're on Microsoft's payroll. Halo got 9.0, and runs in 640p. Unbelievable.

VonGak!

Banned
forgeforsaken said:
Except they didn't say that. What Jeremy said was because a lot of the characters are helmeted or aliens then it avoids the Uncanny Vally. They all agreed the standard humans were the week spot, unless I'm mistaken.

That would make a lot more sense and it has truth to it but then they should also point out how much more jarring the contrast is when you get to see humans in Halo's other ways stylized world.

The first FF movie suffered from the same issue as it aimed for reality compared to other CGI movies which had the more cartoonish style.

But using MGS4 as their example is just utterly dumb as it has amazing animations in its cut-scenes making it much more believable than the first FF ever was.
The chatter-scenes in Mass Effect would be a much better example, but not one I'd expect 1UP to use for rather obvious reasons. :D

Nolan.

VonGak! said:
Exactly and I'm expecting to say the same about sound.

Cut it Nolan, the green colours are due to the handheld camera and not the game.

I was saying it's really beautiful to look at and not in a sarcastic way.

tha_con

Banned
forgeforsaken said:

Except every last character model in MGS4 looks leaps and bounds better than the human models in Halo 3.

h3.jpg

Doc Evils

Kaako said:
I think you're onto something Doc...
Seriously though, Sony better market the living shit out of Uncharted.

I remember somone bumping into a Sony rep a while back and mentioned Sony was going to heavly market this game.

tha_con said:
Except every last character model in MGS4 looks leaps and bounds better than the human models in Halo 3.

h3.jpg

wtfisthisshit.gif

Zer0

Banned
Doc Evils said:
I remember somone bumping into a Sony rep a while back and mentioned Sony was going to heavly market this game.

wtfisthisshit.gif

a human in halo 4..i have seen better models on pc games 4 years ago..but its "subtle beauty"

by the way xD

8626_killzone_2-v2.png

Amir0x

Banned
I'm not one to bash 1up for what a specific individual says, but there really has been a consistent string of absurd comments from them regarding specific PS3 exclusives. I'm not sure why exactly they feel the need to make such commentary, or drag PS3 games through the mud, when nobody is going to buy a PS3 anyway.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Amir0x said:
I'm not one to bash 1up for what a specific individual says, but there really has been a consistent string of absurd comments from them regarding specific PS3 exclusives. I'm not sure why exactly they feel the need to make such commentary, or drag PS3 games through the mud, when nobody is going to buy a PS3 anyway.
Once the summoning ritual is complete, and The Dark Lord's spirit has taken root in the chosen host, 1UP will rue the day that they mocked Sony.

2056tu9.jpg

Amir0x said:
I'm not sure why exactly they feel the need to make such commentary, or drag PS3 games through the mud

Generally when people do such things as downing one system to raise up another they're seen as trolls.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Generally when people do such things as downing one system to raise up another they're seen as trolls.

well i sometimes think it's for the sole purpose of getting GAF riled up, but there's no way this comment about Halo's humans looking better than MGS4's can ever be true. Ever. It's a fact, not even worth debate. So I wonder if they just get kicks from reading the neoGAF reaction.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Zer0 said:
by the way xD

http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/PS3/8626_killzone_2-v2.png[/][/QUOTE]

I actually think that could be turned into a great boxart, Sony should steal it and just correct the name and logos :)

Doc Evils

Zer0 said:
a human in halo 4..i have seen better models on pc games 4 years ago..but its "subtle beauty"

by the way xD

http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/PS3/8626_killzone_2-v2.png[MG][/QUOTE]

I would edit that out if i was you.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Amir0x said:

It must be nice being a mod, you get a free pass to troll:lol

Amir0x said:
well i sometimes think it's for the sole purpose of getting GAF riled up, but there's no way this comment about Halo's humans looking better than MGS4's can ever be true. Ever. It's a fact, not even worth debate. So I wonder if they just get kicks from reading the neoGAF reaction.

Possibly, although for the people who don't post here and listen to their podcasts it just makes them come off as insane. It's just such an odd comparison since MGS4's models are generally seen as being some of the best around.

VonGak!

Banned
Amir0x said:

It generates clicks :D

Reminds me of the Bush is IQ challenged fad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom