• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted screens (wwhooa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schrade

Thunderbear said:
And yeah, Elena is cute. Reminds me of Bush's daughter. By the way, how they hell did Bush get a daughter that cute?
Laura Bush is actually quite an attractive lady. Both of their daughters are pretty. I think their daughter Barbara is more attractive than Jenna but as I said, they're both pretty nice looking.

Quite a difference from Chelsea Clinton heh.

Jtrizzy

Dizzan said:
Soooo George W is hot?

no....lol, I just noticed their similarities when she was on Larry King earlier tonight...If anything it makes her unattractive imo.

Actually if I saw her on the street, never having seen W, I probably wouldn't find her as unattractive.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Jtrizzy said:
no....lol, I just noticed their similarities when she was on Larry King earlier tonight...If anything it makes her unattractive.

:lol

We should get back on topic

Uncharted makes me horny

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Schrade said:
Laura Bush is actually quite an attractive lady. Both of their daughters are pretty. I think their daughter Barbara is more attractive than Jenna but as I said, they're both pretty nice looking.

Quite a difference from Chelsea Clinton heh.

it sucks pretty bad to be the less attractive one of a set of twins :lol

reminds me of
200px-Twins_Poster.jpg

Let's play predict the shit for shit marketing campaign that will cause this game to bomb commercially, here's my take:

-Retarded white room with PS3& SixAxis.

-Only it's not white but OVERGROWN WITH JUNGLE PLANTS!!!!!!!!

-There's an old treasure chest and a skeleton, with an AK47 laying somewhere near it.

-Some stupid bullshit happens and the chest opens.

-Cut to 3 seconds of game footage. (With explosions!)

-THEN BACK TO THE ROOM.

-Fade to black and then ONLY on PLAYSTATION3.

The result? 5 people buy the fucking game.

Get your marketing together for fuck's sake Sony, Naughty Dog deserves better than that shit.

FirewalkR

LiquidMetal14 said:
- They're still optimizing the frame rate, will end up running at constant 30 fps. Sometimes it goes up to 45 fps with all effects on, but they aim at constant 30 fps as already mentioned. Less than 30 fps is considered a bug.

I love teh Naughty Dawgs. :D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
MickeyKnox said:
Let's play predict the shit for shit marketing campaign that will cause this game to bomb commercially, here's my take:

-There's an old treasure chest and a skeleton, with an AK47 laying somewhere near it.

-THEN BACK TO THE ROOM.

Get your marketing together for fuck's sake Sony, Naughty Dog deserves better than that shit.

They should go for this style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4fahAdNHpM

They didn't use the white room (aside from the PS3 at the end) to promote Heavenly Sword so hopefully they've got the idea that they need to drop that campaign.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unbelievably awesome work there, dude.

Ceb

Funny how they decided to remove a couple of crates as well as an entire island in the background. I guess they wanted to show off the ocean more. Btw, that second pic from the new build looks bloody amazing. Very CG-like.

methane47

MickeyKnox said:

-THEN BACK TO THE ROOM.

I would actually love it if they stuck with the White room theme..

-start in the white room.. all of a sudden drake runs from one side of the room to the other..

-HUGE boulder follows drake and destroys the white room.. and takes you into gameplay footage..

-footage

-footage

-footage

-then either end it with the flying truck flying into the white room OR end it with drake swingin across the fort walls and breaking into the white room from the gated windows.. inside the room is a treasure chest.. it pops open before he even reaches it.. and then The Playstation 3 Hovers out of the chest..

methane47 said:
I would actually love it if they stuck with the White room theme..

-start in the white room.. all of a sudden drake runs from one side of the room to the other..

-HUGE boulder follows drake and destroys the white room.. and takes you into gameplay footage..

-footage

-footage

-footage

-then either end it with the flying truck flying into the white room OR end it with drake swingin across the fort walls and breaking into the white room from the gated windows.. inside the room is a treasure chest.. it pops open before he even reaches it.. and then The Playstation 3 Hovers out of the chest..
No.

Just. No.

The white room is the worst fucking marketing shtik since those stupid squirrels.

methane47

MickeyKnox said:
No.

Just. No.

The white room is the worst fucking marketing shtik since those stupid squirrels.

The White room commercials for the PS3 itself were pretty horrible yes (except for the crying baby one :D i like that)

But the commercials for the games in the white room I have liked them all... The only problem I see with them is that they dont show enough game footage... They really dont need to spend SO much time in the white room IMHO... but I like the transition and the consistancy that it gives..

Yoboman

VonGak! said:
Wow, that's a jarring difference in aliasing, olour saturation and water (bloom?).

Great comparison.
Not really, the big difference is in the quality of the video those pictures are taken from

RBH

MickeyKnox said:

-THEN BACK TO THE ROOM.

:lol :lol :lol

The funny thing is, I can easily see them doing something like this.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MickeyKnox said:

-THEN BACK TO THE ROOM.

i actually like the white room commercials

VonGak!

Banned
Yoboman said:
Not really, the big difference is in the quality of the video those pictures are taken from
I would have agreed had the new pics not been so clean and still features faint aliasing, but the ould also just have been a dotor on the job.

When it comes to saturation/darkness then it pretty well can be the encoding but I thought they were taken by the same.

VonGak! said:
When it comes to saturation/darkness then it pretty well can be the encoding but I thought they were taken by the same.

The difference in color is because on the official sites Behind the Scenes section they mention one way they've improved the lighting is by changing the time of day in certain scenes.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i actually like the white room commercials

I really like the white room commercials from a stylistic point of view but they really dont show you a fu@#$ thing about the game. It really shouldnt be so hard for them to make a kick ass ad for the game just show the trailers they have been previewing it got all of us insanely excited just put that IN-GAME little stamp on the beginning and watch the droves.

VonGak!

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The difference in color is because on the official sites Behind the Scenes section they mention one way they've improved the lighting is by changing the time of day in certain scenes.

Makes a lot more sense to me. :D

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
BruceLeeRoy said:
I really like the white room commercials from a stylistic point of view but they really dont show you a fu@#$ thing about the game. It really shouldnt be so hard for them to make a kick ass ad for the game just show the trailers they have been previewing it got all of us insanely excited just put that IN-GAME little stamp on the beginning and watch the droves.

Nah, putting "In-Game" is too....obvious, kinda desparate looking.

I think the white room commercial drive home the experience you're gonna get playing this game.

The Resistance commercial Hade ALOT of gameplay in it, you know what you're getting into, no mistake

The Motorstorm was awsome, You know it on PS3, you konw its mayhem and Chaos http://www.gametrailers.com/player/17512.html

Heavenly Sword was different but pretty striking. And shows that they(Sony marketting) can Brake out of the usual. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24728.html

LAIR....If I did'nt see any Reviews I WOULD BUY LAIR :lol http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25377.html

Lets See how they handle Ratchet

Just saw the jet ski screens. Looks really nice. Drake is driving and Elena's standing behind him with what looks to be a grenade launcher.

Chris_C

Yoboman said:

Look closer and you'll see the lighting is smoother in the newer captures (you can especially see this on the characters faces and on the fire extinguishers in the background). You can also see that the texture res on some objects has gone up (look at the ship texture in the background). Elena's head model is also completely different. I'd say those are some substantial changes.

VonGak!

Banned
Well now that we a playing creative PR people for Sony:

If it was me I'd put the Columbia Pictures intro in-front of all games and trailers (which should be done as movie trailers with the expected music and cutting).
It's very cleverly designed to put all age groups and genders in a state of coziness prepared to enjoy entertainment of extra high quality.

I know that SCE and Sony Pictures a two different departments but I'm sure the idea would work.

VonGak! said:
Well now that we a playing creative PR people for Sony:

If it was me I'd put the Columbia Pictures intro in-front of all games and trailers (which should be done as movie trailers with the expected music and cutting).
It's very cleverly designed to put all age groups and genders in a state of coziness prepared to enjoy entertainment of extra high quality.

I know that SCE and Sony Pictures a two different departments but I'm sure the idea would work.

Thats a pretty good point it would also elevate the game to being more than just something kids are going to enjoy.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jtrizzy said:
wonder if they're still going to do the 720 version over at Gamersyde?
Yeah, we are just a bit late because we lost the original editing.
LiquidMetal14 said:
Any chance of some seeds on the MP4 torrent Blim?
Seeder had died, it should be working now.

VonGak!

Banned
Though I did love the FireFly (Serenity) series what's wrong with cliché music? It works and would sell the game better as people think 'adventure' as soon as they hear it. :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I saw a Lair white room ad. I laughed :lol

But this game looks amazing, really. Texturezilla.

2ytwf21.jpg

Hey there everybody! Wanted to let you know that we hit Beta on Sunday, September 16th! That’s a huge milestone and it means we’re one step closer to finishing Uncharted. The team really pulled together to help achieve this deadline and we couldn’t be more excited about the progress we’ve made. Finally, most everything is in the game and we are just chasing down the last bugs and making a few minor balancing tweaks here and there.

It’s also at this stage that a bunch of people in the office who have been so busy making the game, finally get a chance to sit down and play it. A lot of people have been so heads down that they are discovering areas in the game they’d never seen before. And because the cinematics are usually some of the last elements that go in, most people haven’t really seen the story unfold in its entirety. Our own Naughty Dogs make great gameplay testers too!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/03/uncharted-drakes-fortune-update/

Also the demo is officially coming before the game is out. Evan posted this as a reply in the blog post.

Yes, we will be creating a downloadable demo for the PSN. We don’t have a final date on when it will be up, but it will be before our release date.

Kittonwy

Banned
The character models in this game are freakin' high quality stuff, even the enemies have expressions. If there's a game I want to be GOTY, this is it.
Indifferent2.gif

GreekWolf

Kittonwy said:
The character models in this game are freakin' high quality stuff, even the enemies have expressions. If there's a game I want to be GOTY, this is it.
Indifferent2.gif
But I want Mass Effect to be GOTY, so my vote cancels yours ;)

Uncharted looks amazing! This is my second most anticipated title this year.

mr_nothin

Banned
The only problem with the white room commercials is that they dont show the games long enough. They show TOO much of the white room and not the actual game/ or they just show too much stupid cg crap.

If they up the amount of gameplay shown then the ads will be really good.

Madman

mr_nothin said:
The only problem with the white room commercials is that they dont show the games long enough. They show TOO much of the white room and not the actual game/ or they just show too much stupid cg crap.

If they up the amount of gameplay shown then the ads will be really good.
Did you not see the Heavenly Sword commercial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom