• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New version of Street Fighter 4 announced at EVO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Pants

Streetfighter is Streetfigher's biggest competitor. The amount Capcom continues to fragment their userbase is just ridiculous.

How many SF4's are there? Seriously? And NONE of them are compatible with one another.
AE Lets you play Super and AE. right now vanilla sf4 is the only one that isn't compatible. No one knows what ultra will let you do

Sheroking

Not to be a dick about this, but I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

I mean... in some sense he's right. And that sense is the online warrior. 3.4 million people bought SF4, but it declines with every iteration.

The notion that you could play both Super and AE on a AE disc was a pretty good counter to that.

You have to think at this point, though, it's all about the dedicated gamers.

Ghazi

They said yesterday the fifth character is going to be announced in a few months.

Oh, ok. I mean the current 4 looked rough, so they probably don't have anything to show for the 5th yet and want to announce them and have gameplay, maybe?

renzo

Loved that the cover is a tribute to this

Streetfighter2arcade.jpg

Not to be a dick about this, but I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

IIRC, each SF4 iteration isn't compatible with one another online, even on the same platform. Unless something changed. I have SSF4 AE from PS+ and I can't play with my brother on his SF4.

SF4 doesn't work with SSF4
SSF4 doesn't work with SSF4 Arcade Edition
SSF4 AE doesn't work with SF4.

EDIT: Guess I'm wrong.

I thought I saw a Steam logo at the end of that trailer. I wonder if it will be released as a standalone or as an addon on there. I really want SF4 but I don't want to have to mess with GFWL.

Loona

Ono confirms it's not Asura or Fat Mega Man

Haggar sounds like a natural for the spot. Rounds out the FF trio, can probably reuse some Zangief data and has some distinct moves of his own for the 1-on-1 format between the FF, Slam Masters and MvC3 versions.

Gartooth

Wow really good trailer, got me hyped. Wasn't considering getting this until I heard about the 5th character, but now I might just dive in regardless. Boxart is also incredible looking, completely love it. As for the new title, I think it's for the best considering we don't want something long and drawn out like "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition: Turbo: Version 2013".

VertPin

Wow really good trailer, got me hyped. Wasn't considering getting this until I heard about the 5th character, but now I might just dive in regardless. Boxart is also incredible looking, completely love it. As for the new title, I think it's for the best considering we don't want something long and drawn out like "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition: Turbo: Version 2014".

Fixed that for you.
And I love the name "Ultra Street Fighter 4".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom