• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Vita Press release - games list, battery life ('3-5 hours'), memory card info

larvi

PSYGN said:
Someone should make a microSDHC adapter for it ASAP.

Yep, looks like I will be waiting on this before I jump in. The rest of the industry has finally adopted this as the defacto standard, why not Sony? I like being able to use my memory cards for something else should I get a bigger one for my gaming device in the future.

Suzzopher

lowrider007 said:
Do you need a memory card?, I thought the games saved on the game carts and also can't you download DLC to the games flash memory directly?

Correct.

I still think the American and European launches will have 2GB in the box.

Gravijah

ColtraineGF said:
Soft cover case: 1800 yen
Pouch: 1500 yen
travel pouch + strap and cloth: 2300 yen
Carrying pouch: 1800 yen

Thanks, I scrolled down and realized they were all listed. I'm so stupid, heh.

Jarmel

Banned
Well the memory card would only hold save data unless you're downloading games right?

If so then I might just go for a 4gb.

EvetS

Nonoriri said:
Memory card 4GB ¥2,200
Memory card 8GB ¥3,200
Memory card 16GB ¥5,500
Memory card 32GB ¥9,500

:<

Just wait for those cheap adapters to come out that takes micro SD cards.

Tenck said:
No you!

You can probably get 5 hours if you turn everything to the lowest settings. You would also need to play under some good light to see the screen.

Edit:

Yeah. I would never expect 5 hours of game time with the Vita.

what a load of crap.

psp's advertised battery life was at a brightness that meant it was normal in use. I expect similar for vita.

sony ain't no nintendo in that regards.

5> 3+AAA.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Jarmel said:
Well the memory card would only hold save data unless you're downloading games right?

If so then I might just go for a 4gb.

You can save games directly to the game cart itself.

lowrider007 said:
Do you need a memory card?, I thought the games saved on the game carts and also can't you download DLC to the games flash memory directly?

I'm curious about this too as every previous Vita thread has stated you can save to the game cart and the memory card was only needed for downloadable games and totally optional.

ReaperXL7

to be honest if it helps them keep the cost of the system down i'll be ok with the memory prices. I won't need a stick at launch if i cannot pick one up since the games have save storage. i'll just pick one up later on if not at launch. They had to charge a premium for something, and as i suspected it's the pro memory.

I would want a 32GB memory card and no smaller for the Vita. Unless you enjoy owning multiple memory cards and swapping them around when you want to play different games, you need the biggest memory card that you can buy. If they make a 64GB memory card available, I would buy that without even considering the price. Vita games aren't gonna be small. Not when you've got all these HD ports of PS2 games which will all be 4GB each.

larvi

Nonoriri said:
You can save games directly to the game cart itself.

So this quote from earlier in the thread is incorrect?

Some PS Vita software titles may require the use of separately sold memory card for saving game’s saved data while some software titles are capable of saving it on to the PS Vita card itself. Please refer to the PS Vita game packages or game manuals for further details.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Oh, right, Sony is still playing the double priced proprietary flash memory format game. Lovely.

Mastperf

I'll probably go for the 16gb for ~ $50. I can store a decent amount of content for that plus I have an uncapped FTTH connection so redownloading won't be too painful. These prices really show that Sony's competely depending on the hardcore gamer to get the system off the ground.
The 32gb is so expensive and really doesn't seem to be enough.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
The battery life for video playback is the most revealing detail.

It's either not using VXD or is hampering it elsewhere. Overall, still good, though.

Big One

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
For the love of god. Hyperbolic much? Its far from shit.
It's the denial stage of grief. If you're disappointed in the 3DS after yesterday you simply don't love video games.

Same could be said about Vita with E3.

That's a pretty hefty battery right there. But I can guess this thing will drain battery like a mofo.

Especially with all the social stuff on.

But heck, the ultimate battery test is coming out at launch. If uncharted can play for a while, that's a good sign.

I was planning on getting a 32 GB memory card, but now I might settle for a cheaper one. ¥9,500 is a lot of money for having the convenience of having all my PSN games installed at once.

C-Jo

Wait, so the 16GB memory cards are basically the same price as a game. Have they said how large the game cards are?

Emitan

Nonoriri said:
Memory card 4GB ¥2,200
Memory card 8GB ¥3,200
Memory card 16GB ¥5,500
Memory card 32GB ¥9,500

:<
I think I might actually be buying physical media this time around. I'll still get a memory card, but just for downloadable stuff.

jackdoe

archnemesis said:
I was planning on getting a 32 GB memory card, but now I might settle for a cheaper one. ¥9,500 is a lot of money for having the convenience of having all my PSN games installed at once.
Hopefully they follow the Nintendo method of conversion (which would suck for people outside of the U.S., but one's gotta think about himself first).

jman2050 said:
How did Nintendo of all companies manage to nail the portable storage thing better than Sony did this time around?
Because they're using a standard SD card? I'm guessing Sony still feels burned by the CFW hacks (and they want to make money off of their proprietary format as well).

deim0s

Just how many memory cards you guys are gonna buy at launch?

No biggie, You just get one of the 8gb or 16gb (or even the 32gb) and then forget about it. The prices will go down sometime in it's lifespan anyway or just move shit to the PS3 or your PC.

iceatcs

larvi said:
So this quote from earlier in the thread is incorrect?
Pretty obviously MGS vita will do that because of "transfarring", you can transfer the save files anytime to PS3 without need to put the gamecart in.

Top Bottom