• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weight Loss Before/After thread! Pics ahoy!

Jun 2 2014. 237lbs.
September 21 2014: 209 lbs.

May stop at 190 and see if I should add strength training and just get all upper body built lol

1912078_10103765190734615_4006826889128318486_o.jpg

10679745_10103765191073935_8533312798075761411_o.jpg

New goal is 30 pounds by 2015

Damn DM, what did you change and what is your routine?
I was always fat growing up. I lost the weight on the last year of high school (2002-2003). I was 240lbs or more and got down to 180 by graduation. I kept the weight off and went to 160 a year or two later. Managed to keep it off until 2011. Slowly ate more and told myself I would lose it. But then holiday rolled by. Told I will lose weight before the next holiday. But anyways months passed and weight went up.around 2013 I started doing p90x. Managed to lose some weight but stopped gaimed it back. So at 2014 I was 240lbs. No clothes in my closet fits anymore. I stopped going out because I didn't have anything to wear. May rolls by I hear that my passed away. Saw friends and family when they came to visit. Me and three other girls made a pact to lose weight. We did a 100 day contest to see who can lose the most weight. Obviously money was involved but I needed an excuse to work out. So I took this opportunity to work out. Not because of the contest but for myself. The contest ended September 13. I won but I haven't stopped working out obviously.

As far as food changes goes..
Obvious was junk food. I used to eat McDonalds twice a week ( large value meal) fried food. Chinese take out. Sometimes I cooked but I also ate servings for 2 or 3 lol. But yeah. I cut junk food. since then I did p90x3 t25 and p90x.but I never finished any of those. I did 8 weeks of p90x3 then a couple weeks of t25 before switch to p90x but im currently back on p90x3. I'm currently on week 6. But I never stopped working out so that's a positive. I also ran once a week or try to? Mostly Wednesday, My yoga day.

Diet is still new to me. But I try to portion my food out now so I don't over eat. So far its going fine.

So yeah weight will always go up and down but I can fix that. But hopefully I can keep it off for now. Too old for this :p

Stick with it long enough and you'll see progress. I'm now speaking from experience.

Back in April, I went along on a turnaround trip with other students from ASU. We each got a T-shirt to commemorate the event, I got an XL shirt. Unfortunately, and somewhat embarrassingly, it didn't fit me. But I held onto it. I'd try it on every once in a while and when it was tight, I knew I wasn't there yet. As an aside, I was able to get it off just fine each time!

I tried it on just a while ago. Still not completely there yet, but it felt snug as opposed to tight. Maybe in a couple of weeks, I can wear it for real.

I'm so glad I got started on this months ago.

Today was a good day, I finally went out and got some new clothes after losing 16kg (~35lbs). Still losing a few more after this, but here's a before and after:

Went from XXL to buying an L shirt today. Felt so great.

Lookin' good, Aiii! I like the hat, as I own the same one along with the "In Punk We Trust" hoodie.

How long did it take you to lose the 16kg?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Lost 5.5lbs in a week, so that's about 20lbs total. Another 40lbs to go...., I only wish I didn't abuse my body for so many years and did something about it a long time ago. I'm hoping in around 6 months I'll have some nice before and after pics to share.

Azulsky

Since I have been leeching confidence off you guys/gals I figured i would share a face pic before and after 100lbs of weight loss. I did not even know I had the before pic until i was looking through old myfitnesspal avatars today.

Still got a ways to go but the path is clear.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Since I have been leeching confidence off you guys/gals I figured i would share a face pic before and after 100lbs of weight loss. I did not even know I had the before pic until i was looking through old myfitnesspal avatars today.

Still got a ways to go but the path is clear.

Freaking awesome, man. Excellent work!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The more weight I lose the more self conscious I'm becoming, stupid right? For me it's because of loose skin, particularly on my arms, I have about 3" of hanging skin that will never snap back and I can't afford to have it removed. I know I'm more healthy, I know what I'm doing is right but if I still can't look at myself in the mirror how much has really changed from 4 months ago? I lost another 2lbs this week (21lbs total) so I should be happy but I know the more I lose the worse the situation will get in other areas as well.

I guess I'm just looking for some advice and positive thoughts from people who have had to deal with this situation.

The more weight I lose the more self conscious I'm becoming, stupid right? For me it's because of loose skin, particularly on my arms, I have about 3" of hanging skin that will never snap back and I can't afford to have it removed. I know I'm more healthy, I know what I'm doing is right but if I still can't look at myself in the mirror how much has really changed from 4 months ago? I lost another 2lbs this week (21lbs total) so I should be happy but I know the more I lose the worse the situation will get in other areas as well.

I guess I'm just looking for some advice and positive thoughts from people who have had to deal with this situation.

lift/Workout. Especially if it's on your arms. I have a bit on my thighs and mid section, but avoided the arms and chest by lifting regularly early in my weightloss. I'm going to give it a year to see how much of the rest will "snap back."

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
lift/Workout. Especially if it's on your arms. I have a bit on my thighs and mid section, but avoided the arms and chest by lifting regularly early in my weightloss. I'm going to give it a year to see how much of the rest will "snap back."

I'm doing 10 Minute Trainer and I do the upper body workouts when I'm told, but beyond that I have no idea about fitness in general. To gain bigger biceps (thus filling the loose skin) do I need to lift heavy with few reps or lift light with many reps? I don't have weights but I have resistance bands ranging from like 5 - 25lbs. My lower body feels really strong after these 4 months and my legs are noticeably more muscular but I'm still very soft in the upper body area.

I'm doing 10 Minute Trainer and I do the upper body workouts when I'm told, but beyond that I have no idea about fitness in general. To gain bigger biceps (thus filling the loose skin) do I need to lift heavy with few reps or lift light with many reps? I don't have weights but I have resistance bands ranging from like 5 - 25lbs. My lower body feels really strong after these 4 months and my legs are noticeably more muscular but I'm still very soft in the upper body area.

I am by no means a fitness expert, but I started with push-ups before joining a gym and hiring a trainer. Great for the upper body and abdomen. I started doing 50/day and worked up to 250. I had to scale WAY back because my weightloss + push-ups/abdominal routine resulted in a nice lower abdominal hernia. If you don't plan to join a gym, invest in a few dumbbells. Outside the gym, i do concentration curls, shoulder press's and tricep extensions.

U2NUMB

Awesome work everyone!

Well after 7.5 months I am done with the Weight Loss phase of my program. Ended up being down exactly 100 pounds and a total of 150 since 2010. I am about 10 pounds away from my high school weight and I am about to turn 37.

Going from a pant size of 48 to 34 is pretty amazing. I kept one pair of those pants as a reminder. I am back in the gym as I lost the weight all by eating differently so did not have the calories in me to work out. So back to running for the first time in 20 years but it feels great.

Also love the confidence I feel and the looks I get which are more based on (I hope) hes cute rather than look at that fat ass. At least that is how your mind thinks when you are big.

Anyone still dealing with it keep it up! I used a weight management company where I went in every week and paid for 2 years of counseling and they were fantastic. I live alone and away from my family which could have made this impossible but it was a fantastic help to have them in my life and I will continue to go to them for the next year as I maintain.

I do not have many before pictures.. I had posted a couple months ago but I am now 20+ more pounds down so here is the one comparison I have...

350 on the left.. 200 on the right. I am 6"3

beforeafter1.jpg

Good luck to all of you who are going through this journey.. the payoff is worth it. PM me if you ever struggle.. many of us here have gone through this and can help you.

You man.. you and me. I get this so much. I struggle with this at times. You drop all this weight and in your mind you have this image of what you should look like and what you see might look worse than when you were filled out. I am personally just working out for the next year and if the skin does not snap back I will consider getting it removed.

But what I can tell you is I get it.. I so get it!

Sadetar

Awesome work everyone!

Well after 7.5 months I am done with the Weight Loss phase of my program. Ended up being down exactly 100 pounds and a total of 150 since 2010. I am about 10 pounds away from my high school weight and I am about to turn 37.

Going from a pant size of 48 to 34 is pretty amazing. I kept one pair of those pants as a reminder. I am back in the gym as I lost the weight all by eating differently so did not have the calories in me to work out. So back to running for the first time in 20 years but it feels great.

Also love the confidence I feel and the looks I get which are more based on (I hope) hes cute rather than look at that fat ass. At least that is how your mind thinks when you are big.

Anyone still dealing with it keep it up! I used a weight management company where I went in every week and paid for 2 years of counseling and they were fantastic. I live alone and away from my family which could have made this impossible but it was a fantastic help to have them in my life and I will continue to go to them for the next year as I maintain.

I do not have many before pictures.. I had posted a couple months ago but I am now 20+ more pounds down so here is the one comparison I have...

350 on the left.. 200 on the right. I am 6"3

beforeafter1.jpg

Good luck to all of you who are going through this journey.. the payoff is worth it. PM me if you ever struggle.. many of us here have gone through this and can help you.

You man.. you and me. I get this so much. I struggle with this at times. You drop all this weight and in your mind you have this image of what you should look like and what you see might look worse than when you were filled out. I am personally just working out for the next year and if the skin does not snap back I will consider getting it removed.

But what I can tell you is I get it.. I so get it!
Your post was extremely encouraging and motivating! Thank you! :D

You are looking great!

I have also noticed that now when I am losing weight and working out I am way more aware of how I look like. Some of the times I am now less satisfied with my looks than I used to be, because I am aware how I could look like if I wouldn't have never become overweight or if I would have started earlier. On the other hand I have days when I am so happy and feeling great because of the gym. But yeah, I feel you there.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I lost another 11lbs this month, which is my biggest loss to date. I've started doing Focus T25 and it's kicking my ass into shape, apparently. That's 25lbs total.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! Way to go. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I nearly fell off the scale when I saw I'd lost that much, I weigh in monthly so it was a legit shock. T25 is so much harder than 10 Minute Trainer which I was doing before. My Mum took a photo of me and the difference is incredible, I have a neck now lol.

Fixed1979

New milestone hit today. Down 75lbs (75.2lbs), I've really slowed down my loss over the past couple of months (purposefully). I have 10lbs to go, but honestly at this point it's much more about getting rid what's left of my stomach fat than loosing that last 10lbs.

Einbroch

Banned
I just got engaged. It's time. No more fucking around. I can't die at 55.

Signed up for classes at the local gym, going this weekend. My fiance is going with me and is going to push me. My issue is I need someone to encourage me. We're going to go grocery shopping together from now on, too, every time. I told her to be mean to me if she has to be.

Here's hoping. I went from 320 ==> 220 ==> 272 (where I'm at now). I can do it.

I just got engaged. It's time. No more fucking around. I can't die at 55.

Signed up for classes at the local gym, going this weekend. My fiance is going with me and is going to push me. My issue is I need someone to encourage me. We're going to go grocery shopping together from now on, too, every time. I told her to be mean to me if she has to be.

Here's hoping. I went from 320 ==> 220 ==> 272 (where I'm at now). I can do it.

first off congratulations.

second. good luck to both your engagement and weight loss!

Azulsky

Posted in the old thread, but have lapsed over the past two years. Old photos

Went from 255 down to around 155, now I'm back up to 188. Starting to track all of my stuff on MFP again. Biking to/from work a couple times a week, which is just under 20 miles round trip. The biggest thing is getting my will power back again. I'm eating too much, too unhealthy, and drinking too frequently.

Can always join us on MFP. My username is the same there

Fixed1979

Posted in the old thread, but have lapsed over the past two years. Old photos

Went from 255 down to around 155, now I'm back up to 188. Starting to track all of my stuff on MFP again. Biking to/from work a couple times a week, which is just under 20 miles round trip. The biggest thing is getting my will power back again. I'm eating too much, too unhealthy, and drinking too frequently.

Hey you recognized it before things got completely out of control, so good on your there.

It's probably not the healthiest option (mentally) but I'm keeping my scale close at hand and fully plan to do weekly or bi-weekly weigh-ins. More as a reminder to myself to stick with it than worrying about losses and gains.

Did a slight workout tonight with a weigh-in. Down a bit more from last time, which is always nice. And if the numbers I've gotten before are accurate, I'm now down at least 40 pounds from the spring. It's a very nice feeling, and I'm hoping to lose a bit more (I think 50's a nice round number) before going back to see the family for Thanksgiving.

Most recent pic I took afterward (I really like my new phone's camera):
10731902_757454450957631_1106881200_n.jpg

Edit: Here's a picture from March for comparison:
1972399_763713136973762_1643911798_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
2 stone down, 3 to go.

(14lbs per stone)

Did a slight workout tonight with a weigh-in. Down a bit more from last time, which is always nice. And if the numbers I've gotten before are accurate, I'm now down at least 40 pounds from the spring. It's a very nice feeling, and I'm hoping to lose a bit more (I think 50's a nice round number) before going back to see the family for Thanksgiving.

Most recent pic I took afterward (I really like my new phone's camera):
10731902_757454450957631_1106881200_n.jpg

Edit: Here's a picture from March for comparison:
1972399_763713136973762_1643911798_n.jpg
Congrats. Even you went from tablet to phone when taking a picture!

I've been slacking. Spent last week not doing anything. At least I didn't go crazy on the food.

Rich!

Had a bit of a shock this morning...I'm now pretty much 12 stone exactly, just around 75kg.

so that's like over 20kg in the past few months. woah. I'm back to exactly the size and weight I was when I was 18, and I even look exactly the same now.

What I did:

- Running every day, or every other day if possible - usually 1.5km a day, but sometimes more
- No breakfast. Just wait until 12 and have a decent lunch.
- No fizzy drinks
- No bread apart from weekends

aw yeeeah

Phil S.

Banned
Hey all. Back in 2003 I nearly died from anorexia, and after some time at a center and such I was around a healthy and good-looking 160-170 lbs. However, two summers ago I started to get very tired and lacking energy. It was so bad that I couldn't work out for over three months. Thus, I gained a good helping of weight. I'm currently hovering around 205, but my highest has been 212. Regardless, I'd like to get back under 200 and at least get to 190.

I have been going to the gym regularly now, and I try to go at least five times a week. I do an hour on the treadmill and some strength training. Here's hoping I can get to my desired weight!

On a side note, it's really awesome seeing so many have such dramatic results. It's a little triggering, but I'll be okay! :)

October Update: I'm at a 68.6 lbs weight loss and weight around 389 lbs. now. I'd take pics, but I don't have a decent camera to take pics. (sorry)

(Not Really)Bad News: This week, I had a bit water retention and gained only 0.6 lbs (me and salt have a crappy relationship.

(Really) Good News: My doctor took me off of one of my blood pressure meds as I only need one now. Blood pressure is at 120/80.

Congrats to everyone else that's lost weight in 2014 so far! :)

iavi

2014-10-15%2B10.23.52%2B1.jpg

Collage%202014-10-15%2022_14_00.jpg

I'm 6'4. I was 340 in my license pic. 300~ in the first mirror pic. 235 in the last pic taken a couple of weeks ago.

It's HARD, but it can be done. Get it, fellas.

Azulsky

I'm 6'4. I was 340 in my license pic. 300~ in the first mirror pic. 235 in the last pic taken a couple of weeks ago.

It's HARD, but it can be done. Get it, fellas.

So I keep getting this question as to how much weight I am planning to lose and I basically say I have no idea because I have never been at a healthy weight as an adult. I just say eventually its going to be obvious or I will have to get a body fat test done.

I figure I have a stockier build than most people at my height (6'5") and I'm already at the point where my ribcage is framed out and the remaining adipose tissue is mostly from midsection to thighs.

I guess my question is since you are near my height and I'm slightly below your starting weight, did you think you would end up at your final weight or did you over/under estimate?

im like 5 pounds shy of being under 200lbs. but i've stopped working out out since last week. i need to get back into the swing of thing.

and looking good @Fireblend!

iavi

So I keep getting this question as to how much weight I am planning to lose and I basically say I have no idea because I have never been at a healthy weight as an adult. I just say eventually its going to be obvious or I will have to get a body fat test done.

I figure I have a stockier build than most people at my height (6'5") and I'm already at the point where my ribcage is framed out and the remaining adipose tissue is mostly from midsection to thighs.

I guess my question is since you are near my height and I'm slightly below your starting weight, did you think you would end up at your final weight or did you over/under estimate?

Muscle and other factors play into what you'll end up at on the scale. Once you've lost the majority of it, I'd switch from the scale as your metric to the mirror--or BF% if you can get frequent checks.

cause I waaaaaay overestimated where it was that I needed to be lb wise to be not just thin, but 'fit'. Looking @ all the charts and all that bs, I kept seeing 190lbs~ as where I needed to be, so I kept with that almost the whole time.

It wasn't until that I reached the 240s that I was like "hold-up, I'm damn near fit as hell, those charts can't be right" Sure enough, I'm 227 now and have only but some loose skin and a lil' gut left. I haven't taken a BF% test yet.

Azulsky

Yeah that estimation will have to come as I get obviously closer to the endgame.

At some point before then I would like to start doing some weight lifting to help out my arms and shoulders but I'm not sure where the most effective break point is considering that my diet right now is pretty much just enough for me to get through a workday. At the moment I'm mostly still focused on letting my knees heal from overexercising but I might need to see a orthopedist before that is taken care of

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Had a bit of a shock this morning...I'm now pretty much 12 stone exactly, just around 75kg.

so that's like over 20kg in the past few months. woah. I'm back to exactly the size and weight I was when I was 18, and I even look exactly the same now.

What I did:

- Running every day, or every other day if possible - usually 1.5km a day, but sometimes more
- No breakfast. Just wait until 12 and have a decent lunch.
- No fizzy drinks
- No bread apart from weekends

aw yeeeah

How do you manage without bread? amazing job though.

I'm just starting out, want to lose my belly, gain general fitness and build up some upper body strength (that's a longer term goal I think). Currently 92.7kg, 5'11". Have an exercise bike for cardio and going to do some basic strength training In-between.

Any tips for starting out exercising? Was thinking to either do cardio for 30mins 5 days and then some basic strength exercises 2-3 times per week (either body weight or resistance bands, the nhs seems to have some nice gentle guides)

Using myfitnesspal for entering food and I'm surprised I don't seem to be eating tons of calories - sometimes I'm way under 2,000. Maybe need to double check my portions. My first surprise was that my morning cereal is about 60g - so much for the average 30g serving they say on the box - that's tiny!

Pictures to come eventually but I've gone from 317 to 304 in the last month. Hoping to continue the trend through the holidays espescially. It would be nice to get 20 more down in time for my trip to Japan at the end of the year. I've just been using "lose it" for tracking and I want to keep on a yoga schedule but it's been tough.

Rich!

How do you manage without bread? amazing job though.

Thanks! but yeah, avoiding bread is not that hard really! I admit I do have wholegrain wraps, but the calorie and carb content on them is about a quarter of a standard slice of bread. I've been eating a lot of fish and meat, and having a decent amount of fruit too.

At weekends I go a bit crazy...last weekend I had dominos, a burger, subway...but that's totally fine as I'm good the rest of the time, heh. Also, a lot of it is due to my medication too - I was on mirtazapine which has a side effect of weight gain in 10% of users. I was obviously within that 10%, and my new meds do not have any similar effect.

Top Bottom