• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wolverine Trailer tweeted by Jackman

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comics exist in the movies? Never knew.
It's a fun add as it's been an element that has existed in the marvel comics themselves. See Dan Slotts She hulk books or Peter Davids captain marvel

Marvel comics in the comic universe are essentially fan fiction like products that pseudo tell the adventures of the marvel heroes.

Fury451

Banned

Sesha

That had very different vibes from the first trailer. The first one made it seem like they were in a post-apocalyptic world, which was cool although it didn't make sense. Now it appears they're just on the run and the only ones completely gone are mutants. I'm disappointed the world isn't as fucked as it initially seemed. Still looks good, but now what I expected based on the plot summary and the first trailer.

Volimar

Is the blurring/shaking effect supposed to be the trigger scent? Will they even be using that?

That had very different vibes from the first trailer. The first one made it seem like they were in a post-apocalyptic world, which was cool although it didn't make sense. Now it appears they're just on the run and the only ones completely gone are mutants. I'm disappointed the world isn't as fucked as it initially seemed. Still looks good, but now what I expected based on the plot summary and the first trailer.

Yeah, the perfectly normal convenience store was jarring compared to the first trailer.

Namikaze1

Man, it looks so good. Realeses two days before my birthday. I know what I'll be doing that weekend. Please don't disappoint.

Kyne

*scratches head*

so this is a continuation of the timeline that everyone was alive in after days of future past... right?

X-Men-Days-Future-Past-Happy-Ending.jpg

^that one?

JdFoX187

Banned

I was kind of thinking the same thing. The movie still looks really good, but I'm slightly disappointed in the setting.

Kill3r7

This might very well end up being the best Wolverine/X-Men movie to date. I hope it turns out to be a great film as well.

WarMacheen

Is the blurring/shaking effect supposed to be the trigger scent? Will they even be using that?

I feel like it has to do with Charles sitting in that chair looking out the window and Logan and X-23 are trying to get to him to help.

I thought it was suppose to be Professor X's power to stop people. Since he probably doesn't have precise control over it anymore, it kind of affects everyone in the area, even the ones he doesn't want to stop.

Volimar

*scratches head*

so this is a continuation of the timeline that everyone was alive in after days of future past... right?

^that one?

I think it's meant to be an alternate timeline that we've never seen, or perhaps a possible futures.

I feel like it has to do with Charles sitting in that chair looking out the window and Logan and X-23 are trying to get to him to help.

On the other hand, if it is the trigger scent, it might not bode well for Charles.

MartyStu

Why do I get the feeling that Professor X is a psychic ghost only existing in Logan's head?

I know it is unlikely, but...

jelly

Looks okay. I mean it doesn't look any better than other X-Men films except no awful CGI etc. Wait and see on the story.

Fury451

Banned
Why do I get the feeling that Professor X is a psychic ghost only existing in Logan's head?

I know it is unlikely, but...

Supposedly Logan and Caliban are both watching over Xavier, so at least one other character would back up that he's real.

Looks really good. This could be something real special.

It looks like it was made on the cheap, like deadpool. Locales look uninspired.
What would you like to see instead? The location seems to fit the tone it's going for and the plot as they're on the run.

Apt101

Are they setting up a new franchise?

This is looking way better than I was expecting. It's looking like the perfect Wolverine movie.

*scratches head*

^that one?

"Shhh... Stop worrying and embrace the beauty of the X-Men timeline.
It's just like in the comics, it's fucked."

- Your friends from FOX.

Even if the effects looked a bit hokey, that bit with
X-23 vaulting off of Logan to help her "dad" slice dudes up
has me beyond hyped.

And the comics existing in-universe is a cool touch. The She-Hulk comics established that Marvel comics exist within the 616 universe and act as a weird sort of historical record for the stuff that actually happens. So having the X-Men comics exist alongside the actual characters in the movie isn't too far-fetched.

Certinty

Gotta say both trailers for this are awesome. Just hoping the movie turns out good now because if it does it will be spectacular.

GavinUK86

I laughed too, but only because it sounded like gibberish to me.

2 days on the road, only 1 meal and hardly any sleep. She's ill and I'm fucking 90. edit: ill or 11. hard to tell.

I still find it amusing when Patrick Stewart swears. I don't know why.

Fury451

Banned
literrally only hads 2 cusses. Hey worked for Deadpool right? >_>

Dont get me wrong, the movie looks great, just thought the cussing was out of place.

Logan getting one precision "fuck" is funny. Professor X one probably makes sense given the situation but it doesn't compute with my image of him.

2 days on the road, only 1 meal and hardly any sleep. She's ill and I'm fucking 90.

I still find it amusing when Patrick Stewart swears. I don't know why.

I think he says "she's 11, I'm fucking 90"- maybe not, need subtitles lol

jett

D-Member
That looks really good.

My only nitpick is that the "classic" Wolverine jump-stabs looks really silly. I could do without those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom