• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yooka-Laylee screenshots and info; Toybox coming for backers in July

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
I thought it was obvious that Capital B was a bee.

I mean... capital bee

Hivory towers

Buzziness executive

looking like a bee

i dont get how you can miss that tbh

I thought it was obvious that Capital B was a bee.

I mean... capital bee

Hivory towers

Buzziness executive

looking like a bee

i dont get how you can miss that tbh

Well yeah, it does become pretty obvious when you condense the 25 paragraphs of information in the OP down to 4 points.

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
Well yeah, it does become pretty obvious when you condense the 25 paragraphs of information in the OP down to 4 points.

i mean it was all in two sentences when they introduced him

“THE INGENIOUS TECH FIRM QUACK CORP HAD BEEN SUBJECT TO A HOSTILE SWOOP BY DIABOLICAL PUBLISHING CORPORATION IN HIVORY TOWERS. TOGETHER THEY WERE ABOUT TO LAUNCH THEIR MOST DEVIOUS SCHEME YET, ALL UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF CUNNING BUZZNESS EXECUTIVE CAPITAL B!”

i mean it was all in two sentences when they introduced him

I'm glad you picked up on it immediately. Sometimes I skim information if I'm reading things in my work break. Not sure it's worth deriding someone for missing a few points of information. Just enjoy games and enjoy people being interested in them ffs.

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
I'm glad you picked up on it immediately. Sometimes I skim information if I'm reading things in my work break. Not sure it's worth deriding someone for missing a few points of information. Just enjoy games and enjoy people being interested in them ffs.

I'm not deriding you? Sorry if I came off hostile, but I was just pointing out that I thought it was obvious. You make it sound like I was picking out 4 select words out of 25 paragraphs total to make you look stupid.

And I will enjoy the game, BK is my favorite game of all time and I'm super hyped for this. Not sure why you're getting defensive.

daTRUballin

At this point I really don't care if Banjo ever comes back. Playtonic seems to be giving me what I've been waiting for.

There's no reason why the two can't exist alongside eachother, I just personally don't care anymore.

Geez. Pretty strong statement to hear from a Banjo fan. :p

I, on the other hand, would still love to see a new Banjo Kazooie game even if Yooka-Laylee is already sort of making up for it. Although I don't think we'll see a new Banjo for awhile if we ever do. Rare seems to think a Battletoads reboot is more necessary at this point in time. :/

Sponge

Banned
Geez. Pretty strong statement to hear from a Banjo fan. :p

I, on the other hand, would still love to see a new Banjo Kazooie game even if Yooka-Laylee is already sort of making up for it. Although I don't think we'll see a new Banjo for awhile if we ever do. Rare seems to think a Battletoads reboot is more necessary at this point in time. :/

Yep, haha! I dunno. It's not impossible for Microsoft or Rare to somehow make a new Banjo and get it right, I just decided to stop holding my breath for it. If it happens, you can bet I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

This game is looking damn good. Ratchet proved that 3D platforming is still very much alive and if they get the gameplay great and fun in Yooka-Laylee, it should be great.

I really can't wait to give that Toybox a try.

PSqueak

Banned
In hindsight, i guess it was only obvious he is a Bee only if you're a long time Banjo-kazooie and Rare fan:

• His design is stright up based on the fat bees from BK and BT
  • Has a pun name
  • In true classic Rare fashion, everything about him has bee puns
  • honeycomb piece septer

These things could fly over the head of people who didn't realize this is the sort of stuff Rare did all the time, for us who expected it, seeing he was Bee was easy, to people who didn't grew up with the games it would be easier to miss, since the design also has quirks that don't scream "Bee" and this is also typical of them, just like how Dr. Puzz (double pun name!) has a human nose, but she's an octopuss.

Just feels like a good fit with Banjo being their IP and all but Rare not working on it.

Business wise, unless they make some exclusive BK themed content for the Xbone version, this would be unsound, why would they advertise a game tailored to literally steal the audience from BK (the franchise they own)?

Yeah. They're also apparently working on a new Battletoads game according to an insider. So if Yooka Laylee were to show up at the conference, there's no way Rare's working on a Banjo game.

Rare's a massive studio. Don't assume they won't turn up at E3 with more than Sea of Thieves. And definitely don't assume it'll be Battletoads.

Everything about this game tugs at my heartstrings. I dearly hope it turns out decently, but it's gonna be hard to set my expectations low.

Just feels like a good fit with Banjo being their IP and all but Rare not working on it.

I'll just say chances are slim. At most maybe for an Indie reel. If they show up in the conference proper that means Microsoft struck a deal with them and no one wants that.

You saw what happened with Tomb Raider.

KingJ2002

definitely gives off the banjo kazooie vibe. screens look amazing and very colorful. haopyfully they'll have a trailer coming soon.

I dont need another Banjo from Rare. All the chief people from Banjo Kazooie are either working on Sea of Thieves(Gregg Mayles), gone (George Andreas), or at Playtonic working on not-Banjo Kazooie right now(Chris Sutherland, Steve Mayles, Grant Kirkhope, Steven Hurst). At this point, its just a name and an old franchise you're attached to.

Narroo

I dont need another Banjo from Rare. All the chief people from Banjo Kazooie are either working on Sea of Thieves(Gregg Mayles), gone (George Andreas), or at Playtonic working on not-Banjo Kazooie right now(Chris Sutherland, Steve Mayles, Grant Kirkhope, Steven Hurst). At this point, its just a name and an old franchise you're attached to.

Maybe they can make it an mmo?

daTRUballin

Doesn't mean the new people can't make a good Banjo game necessarily. Killer Instinct is proof of this.

Camjo-Z

Doesn't mean the new people can't make a good Banjo game necessarily. Killer Instinct is proof of this.

This, plus Grant has said he'd jump at the chance to score another Banjo game so we definitely wouldn't miss out on those classic tunes.

edit: also we need a new game so we can then get the crossover: Banjo-Kazooka-Laylee

CHC

This is looking BEA-U-TI-FUL right now.

I haven't really been following the Kickstarter but it seems like everything is proceeding more-or-less pretty smoothly, right?

Kinsei

Banned
Heads up, Edge is out. There's a bunch of stuff in it including new characters like Lady Leap-A-Lot (An adorable pig knight riding a horse pogo stick), full body looks at Dr. Quack and Dr. Puzz, and a transformation (A flower creature), and more.

Top Bottom