• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newegg: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) listed for November 28th release date

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
onQ123 said:
PS4 launch window or PS3 Swan Song?
If it's only about $$$, cross-gen would probably give the most results.
Could make the PS4 version PSPlus exclusive YOPO with PS3 to drive subscription adoption too.

Not saying that franchise would benefit the most from that long-term, but that's hardly a debate here.

amar212

hey man, that 3 million drop between gt3 and gt4 is more than most of what sony's first party titles sell

That GT3>GT4 "3 million" drop is levelled when sales of both GT Concept and GT4: Prologue titles (both released only on selected territories) are added to GT4 sales.

You can look them as separate entries but IMO they are mutual.

RankoSD

This situation would also explain the reason why PD didn't let Evolution Studios to use their name (
though I doubt they would let them use it in any other situation
).

Two GT games within a month or two is not a good plan.

So this will be their big pre E3 reveal this year. Well alright then. Sends the message of 'if they're revealing GT6 BEFORE E3, what to the have at the actual show?!

well, since sony tends to announce a lot of games pre-e3 nowadays, i'm guessing they will talk about ps3 games, like gt6 and lbp3 and others before the conference, and will most likely dedicate it to the ps4. price, release date, launch games, other titles in development, features, they have a lot of stuff to show in e3 about ps4 since it's coming this year.

Bgamer90

Banned
I can't get excited about another GT game. They haven't innovated in the genre since the ps2.

Forza blew GT out of the water this gen IMHO.

I wouldn't say "blow it out of the water" but I'll agree that Forza has taken over GT (at least in my opinion).

And this is coming from someone who was a HUGE Gran Turismo fan on the PS1/PS2. GT5 was disappointing.

V_Ben

Banned
well, since sony tends to announce a lot of games pre-e3 nowadays, i'm guessing they will talk about ps3 games, like gt6 and lbp3 and others before the conference, and will most likely dedicate it to the ps4. price, release date, launch games, other titles in development, features, they have a lot of stuff to show in e3 about ps4 since it's coming this year.

Yeah, that sounds about right. E3 will be the PS4 show guest starring the Vita. LBP3 will be saved for Gamescom though.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I wouldn't say "blow it out of the water" but I'll agree that Forza has taken over GT (at least in my opinion).

And this is coming from someone who was a HUGE Gran Turismo fan on the PS1/PS2. GT5 was disappointing.

Ummmm......not really.

I don't like this.

Microsoft will be launching a proper next-gen Forza soon. A PS3 game with a slightly nicer looking PS4 port is not going to compare well. Delay it a year and make it an amazing looking PS4 exclusive.

Damn, turning into a Forza vs GT thread. No new news I take it ... will have to wait for E3.

I personally love both, I just wish GT5 had visual consistency and GT6 being on the PS3 will just create the same issues we saw. I'll pass.

Oneself

It has already been leaked months ago by a Sony rep, so I guess it's true.
But I wish there would be a PS4 version too... 1080p, 60fps, looking like GT5's photo mode would be more than enough for me!

Interesting, I think in the opposite way.
Which ones
I really just want the freedom to paint whatever i want on the cars (wasn't a fan of GT5's color chip setup). For example i'd love to create a BWM Art Car.
I'd also like limited engine swap abilities. Drop a 2JZ or a 13B-REW into an E30 M3 for example. (i do not think you should be able to change drivetrain, i.e. rear wheel drive to awd).

EDIT: GT also needs to expand it's European car library. Where is the E30 & E36's?

Launching a new game from your biggest franchise one your old console at the same time as launching a new console seems like a bad move to me.

Ill be suprised if this isnt cross buy with Vita. Makes too much sense. Also, could it be a launch ps4 title? It cant just be a ps3 game...

f0rk

GT games have such mad legs I don't see how the install bases at launch are that relevant.

I would be disappointed with it on PS3 because it would be something that actually makes the lack of backward compatibility affect me.

Know that I'm not alone in the way I feel (e.g.: review score trends for both series).
Review scores don't take into account GTs post launch support.

saladine1

rxDzItW.jpg

He's watching and waiting to strike..everyone be careful with the GT and Forza thing..

sunnz

I can't get excited about another GT game. They haven't innovated in the genre since the ps2.

Forza blew GT out of the water this gen IMHO.

Yea full day/night cycles, night racing, rally, nascar, weather, car damage ( not great, still new, gt5 had both exterior and mechanical damage), go karting, large variety of cars ( even if low quality) and some new tracks isn't enough right ( plus some I may have forgot)

I mean forza 4 did all of that right?...

I think GT5 was far from perfect but still a great game, I tried forza 3 and 4 but I couldn't get into it, the physics felt off...

Still looking forward to F5 as I did find forza fun to play.

I am just happy we have two great racing sims, more competition will improve of them.

velociraptor

Sounds like Sony and PD are run by monkeys.

They are insane to even consider putting Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3. What is the point of even producing the PS4?

Madness.

Elios83

oh i see, so they will probably keep the PS4 version hidden till the PS3 version is released.

It is a possibility if they want to maximize sales of the PS3 version this year.
Also on PS4 there's Drive Club this year. But the game is probably multiplatform, so a PS3 version doesn't mean that they aren't working on PS4.

IMO it will be multiplatform, PS3 and Vita versions this year, PS4 definitive version next year.

There's no way that they're going to be able to shrink that game down to fit onto a Vita card. Aren't Vita game cards limited to 4gb? Because GT5's updates alone are 4.4gb.

kodt

Banned
I still don't understand this. A launch title GT would be huge, instead we get to wait until 2020 for a next gen GT.

Top Bottom