• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next issue of Famitsu: “something surprising for Metal Gear Solid fans”

IrishNinja

yeah, iphone duck hunt MGS needs a sequel to finish its story

Metal Gear Solid was listed alongside Yoshi's Island as a category on Miiverse in the GAF thread where the guy unintentionally hacked into Miiverse.

oh shit, i stopped reading at DK or yoshi, nice

This VITA crap started when Eat Children did it as a joke in the trailer thread and people just ran with it.

As a self-proclaimed Vita bro, please....please....please stop it. The corpse isn't even cold yet you monsters!

BadWolf

If it is two separate games then it would make sense for it to be on Vita. Then it wouldn't be odd for two MGS games to be released close to one another. And the slight change in the name would make sense as well so people wouldn't be confused as to what platform it is on just based on the name (none of that MGS5/Peace Walker stuff) and they could continue said distinct naming with future installments. And dunno... just feel like Kojima is one of the last that Sony can depend on for an exclusive.

At the end of the day I just hope it is in fact two games, regardless of whether it is PS360 or Vita.

Jonnyram

This won't be a mobile game or browser game.
Metal Gear Solid Social Ops just started officially last week in Japan:
http://www.konami.jp/mgssop/

They wouldn't announce something to kill that service already.

I reckon a Vita game is not beyond the realms of possibility, considering the support Kojima gave the PSP early on.
I think the Metal Gear Solid V title is a trick, considering Portable Ops had already supposedly been considered as MGS5 originally.

Amir0x

Banned
This won't be a mobile game or browser game.
Metal Gear Solid Social Ops just started officially last week in Japan:
http://www.konami.jp/mgssop/

They wouldn't announce something to kill that service already.

I reckon a Vita game is not beyond the realms of possibility, considering the support Kojima gave the PSP early on.
I think the Metal Gear Solid V title is a trick, considering Portable Ops had already supposedly been considered as MGS5 originally.

For some reason I'm crossing my fingers hard that it'll be METAL GEAR AC!D 3 for Vita. I would have a grin on my face the size of manhattan, with how badass that'd be.

iavi

For some reason I'm crossing my fingers hard that it'll be METAL GEAR AC!D 3 for Vita. I would have a grin on my face the size of manhattan, with how badass that'd be.

You and I both. Ac!d 2 was one of, if not my, favorite psp game(s).

Amir0x

Banned
That would be amazing, Acid 2 was excellent.

You and I both. Ac!d 2 was one of, if not my, favorite psp game(s).

Yup yup. I don't normally take to games with cards integrated into the central gameplay mechanics, but Ac!d 2 just blew me away. It was so strategic and captivating, and it was so over-the-top crazy story wise that you could actually accept the absurdity in the context of this game, unlike how some of the recent Metal Gear Solid games have gone.

I won't get my hopes too high up for an Ac!d 3 since I don't think Ac!d 1 or 2 did that well, and there's nothing to really indicate a third, but I'll cross my fingers nonetheless!

Well, Nojiri does need something to do now that Neverdead tanked.

Oh shit, Neverdead was Nojiri? The more you know...

We havent heard about that MGS iOS game in a while.

Might be that.

edit. It was released in Japan already? jasus.

Cant imagine Fami will get the big scoop on MGS5

Gsak

So, uh, is Phantom Pain related to Ground Zeroes, or are they two separate MGS games? I know no one knows anything about Phantom Pain, but are we operating under the assumption that Ground Zeroes no longer exists and the project became Phantom Pain?

When I asked him, Geoff said that Phantom Pain is a -as of yet- not announced game, Then again, Doritos and stuff, so...

Those are a lot of assumptions about Phantom Pain, but it's not a previously announced game.

When I asked him, Geoff said that Phantom Pain is a -as of yet- not announced game, Then again, Doritos and stuff, so...

But even tha wording isn't definative enough to rule out that they're the same game. We don't know that GZ is actually a game or just the name of a level or the demo or what so "previouely announced game" might not really matter

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ground zeros(the prologue right?) on vita and the phantom pain(mgs5) for ps360
Believe!
lol

Kojima said his next game would feature Transfarring, so a Vita game isn't really out of question. Maybe the project was already far ahead enough it wasn't canceled (*cough* ZOE *cough*) . But who knows?

Vita would be interesting, just to see if it can actually help save a future for the machine, or whether it would simply drain Konami's coffers

I imagine his ego would like the idea of his game single handedly allowing a console further success, but I'm not sure his bosses would have the same kind of confidence... if its on Vita, it'll be on PS3 too, at the least.

I've been thinking recently that with Sonys approach to the Vita it must be a soft launch, get some machines out (some, not a lot!) and some games so that when they're ready to ramp it up at some point - im assuming there is some serious PS4 connectivity being developed, the machine will already be out and potentially can have a price drop or something. Lots of cross-play games etc.

Otherwise their approach doesn't make sense for a company that is in the financial situation that they're in. I just can't work it out. Why would you develop that product and sell it at a loss like that and then not make much effort to make it a success?

Maedhros

I'm subscribing to this post. Now that Project J was announced for Vita, I want to see something similar happening here.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hope it's Twin Snakes 2.

watershed

Banned
Please be Vita. Seeing 3rd party support steadily ramp up is warming my heart.

What's coming down the line for the Vita? Though I've got a backlog for my 3ds the games I have aren't quite scratching my gaming itch. I may finally dip on the Vita with all the deals that are out there.

Persona86

Banned
Quad Snakes?

Big Boss actually had a twin brother nobody knew about, part of the rumorus about Big Boss's greatness as a soldier were actually about his twin brother he knew nothing about.

The Phantom pain suggests that Big Boss hallucinated that his arm was missing while on medication, because you know what they say about twins, that they can sense each other. His twin brother actually had lost his arm around the same time = Phantom Pain.

This game is about Big boss vs his brother, a story not many people have heard about.

I'm making this all up, because I'm crazy.

SmokyDave

What's coming down the line for the Vita? Though I've got a backlog for my 3ds the games I have aren't quite scratching my gaming itch. I may finally dip on the Vita with all the deals that are out there.
DOA5 and NGS2+, although you may well have played those elsewhere. There's a One Piece musou game coming that I'm looking forward to, even if I have no idea what One Piece is (love musou games). Killzone should be a nice demo of the systems capabilities that may hopefully inspire others to jump in. Apart from that there's been a few Japanese announcements where the games themselves don't particularly interest me but I take comfort from the fact they even exist. The Vita is still far from being out of the woods, but it ain't dead either.

For that reason, I have my fingers crossed for some Kojima-love.

Top Bottom