• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next issue of Famitsu: “something surprising for Metal Gear Solid fans”

wiiU release of a metal gear title, it will look better than anything on WiiU (at that point) and noone will believe its a wiiU title until a year down the road when it's brought to 360 and Ps3. along the lines of what capcom did with RE4 for GC.

-hey I can dream, right? :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wiiU release of a metal gear title, it will look better than anything on WiiU (at that point) and noone will believe its a wiiU title until a year down the road when it's brought to 360 and Ps3. along the lines of what capcom did with RE4 for GC.

-hey I can dream, right? :)

jIo8Z.jpg

All these "MGSV 4 Vitaz lulz" comments are really starting to jar me. I'm so disappointed with the backlash to the Phantom Pain trailer. Were people not blown away by the lighting and character animation in that trailer? Or was the fire just simply not good enough?

I dunno...

:(

EDarkness

it's gonna be mgs vita, hold on to the train guys!

Third parties are strange to me. The Vita is having trouble pretty much everywhere, yet they still keep making games for it. Never understand these guys. Still, more games is always good, so I hope Vita owners get a game they really want.

Rising seems like such an obvious fit for Vita that i'll give them a big "fuck you" if it doesn't materialise.

I wouldn't blame them though.. lol

How exactly is it obvious? Platinum's never made a Vita game and don't really strike me as having the time/cash to slap together an alternate version of their engine for something like that without moneyhats from Sony. And it seems to me Sony's stock of moneyhats is dangerously low.

Sky Chief

How exactly is it obvious? Platinum's never made a Vita game and don't really strike me as having the time/cash to slap together an alternate version of their engine for something like that without moneyhats from Sony. And it seems to me Sony's stock of moneyhats is dangerously low.

They could get Sega to do it

Obvious from a gameplay perspective. Cutting = touch screen swiping.

shaowebb

Please be a Metal Gear fighting game by Lab Zero Games, Please be a Metal Gear fighting game by Lab Zero Games, Please be a Metal Gear fighting game by Lab Zero Games...

- A Vita port of the MGS3D game (without 3D).
- A 3DS port of HD MGS3 game (without 3D, includes a trailer for ZOE3DS that will be cancelled after a month).
- Big Boss is playable in the new Tony Hawk game (do they still make these?). PS3 exclusive.
- DARPA Chief dancing game for Kinect.
- Rising is too hard for Platinum to make as well so they gave up and now Ninja Theory will develop it, Snake has white hair and sucks on candy sticks that help him snipe.
- Snake's Revenge ported to cellphones and Facebook so Japan can finally witness the lost story they've all been gagging for. Will not be localized for English.
- Non-3Daccelerated Windows port of MGS released, Games for Windows – Live only.

Take your pick.

It wont be Wii U related because MGS isn't a good fit for that system, it would have to be something unique to use the unique controls of the unique system better. Like Soulcalibur Legends. Unlike that thought it doesn't exist in development and never will be.

Please be a Metal Gear fighting game by Lab Zero Games, Please be a Metal Gear fighting game by Lab Zero Games, Please be a Metal Gear fighting game by Lab Zero Games...

Man, and I thought that Sony Smash Bros had too many "dude with guns" characters...

Persona86

Banned
Kojima just posted this on Twitter:

sR9tj.jpg

Would lulz if the surprise was a new Rising trailer.

But I would be fine with that.

Oh shit, now I get it. Raiden went into a time machine and HE cut off Big Boss's arm and put him in a coma! Raiden tried to stop Big Boss from changing the future...because....the bandaged guy is John Connor!! sent to get the legendary super soldier to help defeat the robots in the future e.g Raiden and his new cyborg followers who have all gone totally insane and are hell bent on destroying the world, so they can create a new world order.

Final Boss: Raiden Version 3.9

NateDrake

I don't understand the rage, either. More people being able to play a game is generally good. Why wouldn't gamers want others to enjoy a game they like?

My comment was in reference to the image which was the MGS 4 iOS game. Everyone thought it was going to be a 360 announcement and we got iOS instead. I'd be more than happy to see MGS4 release on 360 so people can play it but at this stage of the game, there is no chance in hell of Konami doing it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Rising Gray Fox skin reveal in new trailer.

Naaah...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't understand the rage, either. More people being able to play a game is generally good. Why wouldn't gamers want others to enjoy a game they like?

The rage was over the fact that the announcement ended up being a Metal Gear rail shooter for iOS.

Top Bottom