• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Splatoon Splatfest event is Transformers-themed (Autobots vs Decepticons)

Nanashrew

Banned
I was sort of down on the Splatoon community in the beginning because there were so many Spongebob memes but then I saw this and realized the potential of the Splatoon Miiverse.

Understandable. Spongebob got way overplayed, but now with splatfest really opening it up to new things and new memes it has been hilarious. Like, even though I was team dog, team cat had some great miiverse posts like this.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkPO1w3Vw
MlWA77wdVcUNPoTnww

correojon

Wow, great theme for a splatfest and the shirts are really cool!

I wonder what we'll get in EU...at least it can't be worse than North Pole VS South Pole, can it?

PBalfredo

Charizard vs Blastoise needs to happen. End this once and for all.

Mega Blastoise already gets blown up by the very pokemon he's suppose to counter. It was his one job in life and he failed. Kicking him while he's down with a popularity contest against Charizard (lol) is just cruel.

You guys are all wrong.

Next Splatfest is Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.

That would be the first cool Splatfest.

Can someone explain to me why someone would side with the deceptions? Is there actually something to their ideology that makes them deeper than the bad guys? I don't really care about Transformers so I'm not well versed.

The NA/EU splatfests are so much better...

The next JP one is "ant or grasshopper."

That JP one is based on a famous story. The story is set in summer times, where the grasshopper only wants to play, whereas the ant is working hard to store food so that the ant clan can withstand the winter. This story praise those people who are hard-working and preparing for the future.

Splatoon Miiverse is the best

makes the game feel like a living breathing world, which is a phrase I hear a lot in reference to video games yet I've never actually felt it. the way Miiverse follows the current meta trends, current events IRL, Splatfest stuff, memes, etc.

really well done
it truely does make it feel like a living breathing world, very creative and smart by the devs. I had friends over and they were getting a kick out of the marshmellow memes when i was walking around the plaza. hope the explore more into that in the future.

Nanashrew

Banned
That JP one is based on a famous story. The story is set in summer times, where the grasshopper only wants to play, whereas the ant is working hard to store food so that the ant clan can withstand the winter. This story praise those people who are hard-working and preparing for the future.

Yeah it's an old Aesop fable and I think it's cool they went with that splatfest choice. There's like some deeper meaning for whichever you choose and it makes me wonder which side will win.

Jackano

I though it was a fake seeing this on twitter.
Not into Transformers at all, but if this comes to EU I will be on the villains side, Decepticons I believe?

Top Bottom