• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moze

Banned
It's just bad for poor gamers. If a company can focus on one console we should get a better game.

SMH

there are many devs out there that need funding and are capable of making a great new IP for MS. why would MS not just go to one of them?

EA doesn't need funding

Izick

Honestly, I bought a PS3 a few years ago for 350$ I think, and while it was definitely worth it, I could have lived without it. I think I ran into the problem a lot of people have on Steam, where they're buying way more games than they can actually play. I'm glad I bought it, but I could do without it.

I can see myself buying the other console some time at the end of the cycle, like near the very, very end when it's super, super cheap and has a large library of games, but if things stay like they are now, or get better (let's hope), then I think one console is always going to be enough for me to handle. There's just always a ton of awesome stuff coming out for the most part, be it through retail or XBLA/PSN.

eso76

All signs point to SuperDAE actually being right I expect no surprises when it comes to specs next week.

Iirc superdae also said those specs are old/not the whole picture ?
Didn't he imply the console is more powerful than what we thought ?
Maybe I'm mixing leaks up, but I don't think so

MasLegio

Banned
Shut up and take my money.

plz see updated pic

movies_batman_and_robin_1.jpg

I did a bad thing

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
as i just mentioned above, MS is paying for a exclusive rather than helping create it

a EA game would exist with or without MS

of course the rumors could be completely wrong
Right but the reason MS would pay for such an exclusive is to get more people to buy their console over competitors.

It's not like this is a new approach. Sony basically built PS around moneyhatted third party games.

as i just mentioned above, MS is paying for a exclusive rather than helping create it

a EA game would exist with or without MS

of course the rumors could be completely wrong

You should wait until E3 to see if you can reconcile this opinion with moves from Ninty and Sony. Why single out MS when it's clear they're building a ton of software in-house? All of these guys do both, especially in the first years of the generation.

Sean

Banned
Sony did it and the masses were watching,they got high numbers.

The masses don't have a clue what "TFLOP" or "GDDR5" mean, very few people care about detailed spec breakdowns aside from message board warriors and game developers.

People tuned into the Sony reveal to see what next-gen/PS4 games look like and that's the same reason they'll watch the Xbox event, to see their first look at next-gen Call of Duty or whatever.

Moze

Banned
Right but the reason MS would pay for such an exclusive is to get more people to buy their console over competitors.

It's not like this is a new approach. Sony basically built PS around moneyhatted third party games.

Indeed sony did buy some third party exclusives during the PS1 era
as did nintendo during the gamecube era

doesn't mean i agree with it

Moze

Banned
You should wait until E3 to see if you can reconcile this opinion with moves from Ninty and Sony. Why single out MS when it's clear they're building a ton of software in-house? All of these guys do both, especially in the first years of the generation.

tbh MS really need to work on building their in house studio's

RayMaker

Banned
What happend to that Agies guy, who posted here a lot?

He seemed confident that the nextbox would be on par?

How does he feel now the PS4 specs are official?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What happend to that Agies guy, who posted here a lot?

He seemed confident that the nextbox would be on par?

How does he feel now the PS4 specs are official?
He also said you would be lucky if there were a total of 3 games at the PS meeting and he lost a bet for $10 to a GAF member. He never came back after that.

Indeed sony did buy some third party exclusives during the PS1 era
as did nintendo during the gamecube era

doesn't mean i agree with it

At the same time, whoever is offering the exclusive deal usually offers free/discounted dev kits, and on site engineers. That saves the dev tons of money considering a single dev kit costs 10k+ and big teams have to get a lot of them.

Its pretty standard in business practices.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
what was the bet?
I don't have the link, but he claimed he never said "special-sauce" when talking about Durango specs which a poster then linked a post where he used that exact phrase.

So is everything he said probably false or made up then?
Not necessarily. It depends on perspective. If the well known rumors are true it's a big difference for people on GAF but not a big difference for mass market consumers.

Moze

Banned
Well, I agree, and according to all of the evidence, they've been doing just that over the last few years. Clearly, they're setting all of it up to support Nextbox.

Hopefully they will surprise everyone over the next month but tbh i just cant see it happening. i dont hate MS i just hate the direction they have been taking over the past 3+ years

While Sony has been buying studio's/creating new services and content, MS has been losing content/charging for free services

Dabanton

I am excited about the CoD Ghost reveal, not a fan of the series at all, but I wonder if it will look better than BF4 :p

should be interesting

CoD always looks good imo and will always have an ace that BF doesn't It just needs to play better imo. For that quick pick up and play CoD has no equal in the FPS space. No matter how many other devs attempted it and failed this gen.

The closest was Homefront which had a nice balance of BF and CoD.

For me BF is not a game you jump onto if you're looking to play a 10 min match and jump off your looking at 40+ mins at least on a game sometimes even more if you jump into a user server

I have no doubt that Ghosts will look good. It also needs to have the addictive gameplay that CoD always comes with.

Hopefully they will surprise everyone over the next month but tbh i just cant see it happening. i dont hate MS i just hate the direction they have been taking over the past 3+ years

While Sony has been buying studio's/creating new services and content, MS has been losing content/charging for free services

Well, I guess this is just you dumping all of your worry and fret over this issue just before reveal or what? Less than ten days to go 'til first reveal and then it's the long wait until E3.

Moze

Banned
At the same time, whoever is offering the exclusive deal usually offers free/discounted dev kits, and on site engineers. That saves the dev tons of money considering a single dev kit costs 10k+ and big teams have to get a lot of them.

Its pretty standard in business practices.

I have no problem with MS funding third party devs
Funding a third party publisher is different though

But according to some people in here EA is bankrupt, so maybe im wrong

If Microsoft won't surprise in any way, then Gamestop was lying:

We’ve been spending a lot of time with Microsoft, but we have to let them take the lead on this, but it will be a very hot, compelling device. They are doing some really cool stuff, and I’m eager to hear them start their announcements because I think the world is going to stand up and take notice.

Izick

To me that sounds like it has some sort of edge. Something like Kinect 2.0, Illumniroom, Fortaleza, etc. Something that sets it apart from the PS4 and past consoles.

Then again maybe they're just excited about a new Xbox because the 360 has done so well, who knows?

Of course, how can it be a good thing? xD

Like does this shit ever stop? I keep coming back to see if a discussion is taking place and all it is is one off trolls and bunch of hardcore xbox fans high fiving each other repeatedly with one line jokes like this over and over again, ugh jesus.

eso76

Yep, I did remember correctly.
SuperDAE also said those specs were 9 months old and wrote at least one comment implying there's something else we don't know/he didn't leak and made it sound like it could turn things around.

MS leaked documents insist on providing a game experience that can't be replicated elsewhere.

I don't know, I don't expect to be surprised by the specs tbh, regardless of DAE's comments, but I'm sure MS has something surprising and innovative to show

Izick

Like does this shit ever stop? I keep coming back to see if a discussion is taking place and all it is is one off trolls and bunch of hardcore xbox fans high fiving each other repeatedly with one line jokes like this over and over again, ugh jesus.

You've got to be kidding me.

I', tired too, but I can't do anything. Two days ago this thread was really cool, even with a little bit of hype, but I don't know what happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom