• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6 |OT| Moto takes the L

th3dude

The tint is to help your eyes in low light. I really enjoy it at night. On my n5 I had to use a screen filter; this works much better so I'm happy.

I also wonder if yours had an abnormally strong tint. I don't notice it unless its almost all the way down.

I don't notice the tint unless I am both on the lowest brightness AND adaptive brightness is on.

At lowest brightness with it off, there is no tint.

Jzero

I dropped my beautiful phone :(
Now it has little chips everywhere in the metal parts, resale value is fucked.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
I've been waiting for a 64GB Cloud White since launch day, and been madly refreshing the page since (even installed page monitor and iwantanexus).
It seems like I will never get my hands on one at this stage :< Only one store in Australia sells it locally, and it's the 32GB MB. I don't want to settle for a 32GB model, but I feel myself getting desperate to hold this phone in my hands.

This will be my first experience with Android, as I have been using iOS since the iPhone 3G. I bought a 6 Plus and wasn't impressed with the "upgrade", so I returned it within a week. The phone was $1200 outright here, and didn't offer enough features from my iPhone 5 to warrant the upgrade.

If I'm going to upgrade, I figure I want to make the switch to stock android and the Nexus 6 looks like a pretty nice upgrade (although the Note 4 has also tempted me, but ugh Touchwiz).

I hope the Play Store gets more inventory soon!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I caved and bought a 64 GB White because I couldn't find a 32 GB White. It should be here today.

Sky Chief

I just got my Blue 64gb. The screen might be a deal breaker here, is there any way to fix the muddiness? The colors are pretty gross looks like someone put an excrement filter on this phone and everything ends up looking shit brown, puke green, or piss yellow. Is there any way to improve this because right now I am not impressed.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I caved and bought a 64 GB White because I couldn't find a 32 GB White. It should be here today.
Fuck. I have to wait until Thursday. German customer service is absolutely awful.

I just got my Blue 64gb. The screen might be a deal breaker here, is there any way to fix the muddiness? The colors are pretty gross looks like someone put an excrement filter on this phone and everything ends up looking shit brown, puke green, or piss yellow. Is there any way to improve this because right now I am not impressed.
This post is disappointing to read. I hope I don't have the same experience.

Milpool

I tried, it won't come off.

Seriously though, is there any way to fix or mitigate the muddy colors?

Luckily I haven't noticed any poo on mine, but you can do minor colour corrections in settings>accessibility>colour correction, and see which correction mode works best.

NotBacon

I keep on forgetting how awesome this is, considering my last phone could barely break 3hrs.
Throw in Qi and Turbo and I'm in battery heaven right now.

Nex6 said:
npcgC9R.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I kinda wish I didn't go to 5.0.1

I keep having some strange ass issues since I upgraded. Random lockups and shit like that.

What's the story on 5.0.2?

Bboy AJ

Thinking of upgrading from my Nexus 5. I'm absolutely torn between this and the Note 4.
Go for it. I did. It's not a huge upgrade. Seems like N5 is faster, sometimes. But the RAM is a good upgrade.

NotBacon

Go for it. I did. It's not a huge upgrade. Seems like N5 is faster, sometimes. But the RAM is a good upgrade.

Yeah the multitasking is great, but I DO wonder why the N5 is a hair faster on occasion. And I mean a hair, because I need them side to side to even notice.

Maybe it's just inherent with the current generation of SoCs paired with QHD. Maybe we'll see (S800+1080p) performance on 1440p screens by the time we have the S900.....

Husker86

Yeah the multitasking is great, but I DO wonder why the N5 is a hair faster on occasion. And I mean a hair, because I need them side to side to even notice.

Maybe it's just inherent with the current generation of SoCs paired with QHD. Maybe we'll see (S800+1080p) performance on 1440p screens by the time we have the S900.....

Isn't it because of encryption?

Bboy AJ

Does not compute.
How long has NFC payments been out? And once Apple Pay came out, everyone acted like NFC payments were new. Let Apple do the fingerprint thing. By the time a competitor is good enough, the world is ready. If it's done like NFC/Apple Pay, we are set back years.

How long has NFC payments been out? And once Apple Pay came out, everyone acted like NFC payments were new. Let Apple do the fingerprint thing. By the time a competitor is good enough, the world is ready. If it's done like NFC/Apple Pay, we are set back years.

Who cares about mobile payments? All they do is reinforce the incredibly fucked credit card system.

Lots of people. Does shit posting make you hard?

Of course you would love apple pay.

"But but it doesn't matter BC they agreed to share the transaction cost with apple not increase it. Credit cards are how I pay for my iPhones and video games. It doesn't increase costs for me"

Dead

well not really...yet
Was choosing between a Note 4 and Nexus 6 for a 2nd large phone

Went Nexus 6

Holy shit this phone is beast mode.

The AMOLED on here looks a little better than the note 4 to me, slightly warmer, the camera has way less awful over sharpening, and Lollipop is a total joy to use. It's pretty much perfect.

Husker86

Of course you would love apple pay.

"But but it doesn't matter BC they agreed to share the transaction cost with apple not increase it. Credit cards are how I pay for my iPhones and video games. It doesn't increase costs for me"

So since you are in the minority that don't use credit cards, you're mad at the majority for increasing your costs?

Maybe if you used credit cards and got the rewards for spending money on things you're going to buy anyway then you could make up your losses.

So since you are in the minority that don't use credit cards, you're mad at the majority for increasing your costs?

Maybe if you used credit cards and got the rewards for spending money on things you're going to buy anyway then you could make up your losses.

Yes, BC when a retail store has to pay 3 percent of the 2000 dollar TV I just bought to visa that inflation can be made up with rewards...

It's not that I hate mobile payments. I hate that they make this shitty practice cool.

Apple just made payments more secure just like google. This makes transaction costs cheaper for cc companies. Who benefits? Apple and the banks. Certainly not the consumers. Fuck that shit.

Bboy AJ

Was choosing between a Note 4 and Nexus 6 for a 2nd large phone

Went Nexus 6

Holy shit this phone is beast mode.

The AMOLED on here looks a little better than the note 4 to me, slightly warmer, the camera has way less awful over sharpening, and Lollipop is a total joy to use. It's pretty much perfect.
Can't go wrong either way but yup, lot of us chose between those two phones.

Husker86

Yes, BC when a retail store has to pay 3 percent of the 2000 dollar TV I just bought to visa that inflation can be made up with rewards...

It's not that I hate mobile payments. I hate that they make this shitty practice cool.

Apple just made payments more secure just like google. This makes transaction costs cheaper for cc companies. Who benefits? Apple and the banks. Certainly not the consumers. Fuck that shit.

To the bolded, it can, much closer than you think. My net rewards last year were, according to my rough calculations, 2.9-3.2% of my credit card spending. And my CC spending is basically everything except for my mortgage payment.

And I see, you're more put off by mobile payments not reducing the CC fee rather than the CC fee itself? With that I suppose I can agree, extra security should reduce the fee, but at the same time, the fee is probably more for convenience.

Bboy AJ

I bought a red dbrand skin and it is awesome. This last week, they updated the skin to now have a Moto logo cutout. I went ahead and also bought the updated skin to replace my dimple cutout.

The texture is nice. Gives a nice, rougher grip.

To the bolded, it can, much closer than you think. My net rewards last year were, according to my rough calculations, 2.9-3.2% of my credit card spending. And my CC spending is basically everything except for my mortgage payment.

And I see, you're more put off by mobile payments not reducing the CC fee rather than the CC fee itself? With that I suppose I can agree, extra security should reduce the fee, but at the same time, the fee is probably more for convenience.

I agree with your situation but the problem is most people are not smart with credit cards and most reward programs just plain aren't that good.

My chase gives me 5 percent back but that is only certain types of purchases and 1 percent on everything else. That is considered a pretty good card in the US.

grmlin

I bought a red dbrand skin and it is awesome. This last week, they updated the skin to now have a Moto logo cutout. I went ahead and also bought the updated skin to replace my dimple cutout.

The texture is nice. Gives a nice, rougher grip.

which one did you take?

Bboy AJ

which one did you take?
Original is red with dimple and Nexus cut out. New one is red with Moto logo cutout and Nexus cut out. So basically the same, except no dimple circle cut out.

Top Bottom