• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's an image of that final offensive play for the Falcons in the NFC Championship game

Optimized-Tony-Open.jpg

Fuck.

Dashon is literally just off screen and if you forward the vid you see he comes crashing in immediately. Would he have picked it? Doubtful. But Ryan would have basically had to throw the ball well in advance of what you see here and that just wasn't the progression I guess.

As for the "hold".... Come on. First off it was within 5 yards. Secondly it want much of a "hold" to begin with. Finally, this is the playoffs. Decoud got away with a much more blatant hold on an early 3rd down. Shit happens

Talon

Dashon is literally just off screen and if you forward the vid you see he comes crashing in immediately. Would he have picked it? Doubtful. But Ryan would have basically had to throw the ball well in advance of what you see here and that just wasn't the progression I guess.

As for the "hold".... Come on. First off it was within 5 yards. Secondly it want much of a "hold" to begin with. Finally, this is the playoffs. Decoud got away with a much more blatant hold on an early 3rd down. Shit happens
Oh, yep. I only see 10 49ers on screen now.

RBH

headshot.t1.jpg

CNN and Turner Sports have hired veteran ESPN reporter Rachel Nichols, it was announced today by Jeff Zucker, President, CNN Worldwide, and David Levy, President, Sales, Distribution & Sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

Nichols will serve as a sports reporter for CNN and Turner Sports and will anchor a new weekend sports program on CNN/U.S. beginning later this year. Her CNN program will focus on the most interesting stories and personalities in the world of sports. In her role with Turner Sports, Nichols will handle a wide variety of assignments across the division’s vast sports properties including the NBA and Major League Baseball. Additionally, Nichols will cover all major sporting events, including the Olympics for CNN. Her first assignment will be the Super Bowl in New Orleans.
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/24/rachel-nichols-joins-cnn-and-turner-sports/?on.cnn=1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...cco-matt-ryan-among-top-quarterbacks-under-30

Gil Brandt's best QBs under 30

On the all 22 White gets violated. Huge no-call. FMT will bring up something no one remembers, but the ref ended the game there by letting it go

Lol what does all 22 show that the regular play doesn't? His entire route is in the middle of the field for all to see. It was within 5 yards and bowman is locked up with him for about 1 second. The key is also that bowman made a play on the ball and knocked it down.

I also just resewatched the play and if Ryan released the ball at the time of the screen shot that ball gets picked and goldson probably takes it in for 6. Had a strong cut inside

squicken

Lol what does all 22 show that the regular play doesn't? His entire route is in the middle of the field for all to see. It was within 5 yards and bowman is locked up with him for about 1 second. The key is also that bowman made a play on the ball and knocked it down.

I also just resewatched the play and if Ryan released the ball at the time of the screen shot that ball gets picked and goldson probably takes it in for 6. Had a strong cut inside

Endzone shows how early he was breaking up pass. And you can't hold within 5 yards. Chuck? Yes. Grab jersey? No

cdyhybrid

Cdy, man, you don't got to a defend a clown.

You don't see Cyan defending Jordan Jefferson!

I assume by clown you mean All-Pro. And I don't need to defend him! You just hate him because he's not on your team.

Yerp.
Just act like that didn't happen, much like Tate's insistence on his Phantom catch. It's one thing to deny it right after the game. But after he sees the film in don't see how anyone could still spout off like they made a miracle play.
Pete really growing a team of quality men.

Revis also doesn't see as much action for a reason. Though I don't see him as the elite CB he once was, he's still a top db.

qBaXj.jpg

I sincerely think Matt saw Roddy getting held inside his jersey and expected to see a flag right there. I know watching live that it looked like an obvious flag. In retrospect, it's the red zone at the end of the game in the playoffs - shit is always going to go down in the middle of the field.

I also think this is the first time all season we had Tony line up outside and run a slant in. If I recall, we had trips on the right, so the read was likely middle and right-side of the field. Judging from the right side of the offensive line, Matt wouldn't have had time to reset.

Be back, going to jump off a building.

If he played for the flag they deserved to lose.

Top Bottom