• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

eznark

Banned
Because it's notoriously hard to find the right players for a 3-4? Not sure it makes sense to try and completely change alignments when you already have a terrible defense.

That seems like the perfect time to change base alignments. You're already going to have significant personnel turnover.

But yeah that first year is a bitch. Aaron Kampman in coverage....lol

Striker

It won't happen with Fewell on the squad, but I would love for Spags to come back in NY. At least be an assistant to Fewell who seems to be overwhelmed at times and has allowed his DB's to reach Bill Sheridan type busted coverage downfield. Anything to try to spark this defense which has not been good consistently.

mr2xxx

Banned
Lots of people wearing "Kaepernicking" shirts around here. All Niner hate aside, doesn't the fact that Kaepernick is marketing himself that way come off kind of selfish, or am I blinded by hate? I don't know, I just feel the week before the Superbowl, he should be focusing on his team, not his brand.

It's like Cam saying he wants to be an icon. All these guys want to be one but fans don't want to hear them acknowledge it. Especially when they haven't won shit.

MechDX

Because it's notoriously hard to find the right players for a 3-4? Not sure it makes sense to try and completely change alignments when you already have a terrible defense.

Wade did it with no major player changes on the roster. Only FA's added that season were J Joe (CB) and Manning (FS).

MechDX

And drafted Watt.

Who was a 4-3 DE in college same as Brooks Reed who now plays OLB.

Most people in Houston were saying JJ Who? The fans (myself included) wanted Fairley.lol So one player made that big an impact in the change over? Watt had a good rookie season but nothing spectacular. Just takes the right defensive coach to make a transition.

Wade also changed it after the lockout with no OTA's. So either Philips is a genius or it is not that difficult.

Really?

:jnc

I bet it's a bitch getting them off your line.

Yeah, I just reeled it in real slow and my uncle grabbed it and kinda hugged it to his chest while my friend put on lobster gloves and got the hook out with those pliers you use to get hooks out. This is far from unheard of, they're pretty stupid and are constantly getting caught by fishermen.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, I just reeled it in real slow and my uncle grabbed it and kinda hugged it to his chest while my friend put on lobster gloves and got the hook out with those pliers you use to get hooks out. This is far from unheard of, they're pretty stupid and are constantly getting caught by fishermen.

Crazy. I believe it, just hard for me to imagine. Plus never heard of someone catching one, but then again I live far away from FL.

Brown pelicans are big scary beasts. Saw a flock of them while fishing a few years back and the sheer size of them scared the fuck out of me.

tmdorsey

There are rumors that we might be switching to a 3-4, but I just don't see it unless we make a strong play for what's his name out of Georgia.

3-4 is difficult to switch to for a lot of teams because they dont have the personnel and it takes time to accumulate that personnel. we had a lot of growing pains over the years but eventually it works out for the best

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
so, that's what Fred Smoot's been up to...

During the traffic stop, the officer smelled "a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from [Smoot's] breath and person," Carll said in the affidavit. "[Smoot's] eyes were red and watery."

Smoot also appeared angry, Carll said in the affidavit. When asked why, Smoot said "he got into it with his girl at the club," according to the affidavit.

Smoot told the Capitol Police officer that he'd had one drink, according to the affidavit, and agreed to a field sobriety test. During a series of tests, Smoot demonstrated "many clues of impairment," including swaying noticeably, Carll said in the affidavit.

Smoot was subsequently arrested and taken to the Capitol Police headquarters at 119 D Street, Northeast, for processing, where he twice refused to take a breathalyzer test.

"During processing, in the service area, while handcuffed, the [defendant] peed his pants creating a puddle on the floor," Carll said in the affidavit. "[A police officer] witnessed the urine running down his pant leg and onto the floor. [Smoot] did not express that he had to use the restroom."

Top Bottom