• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

I have a feeling it was more of a bad pass from Brady then Gronk running his route wrong.

I think it might be both. Gronk should have given himself some room in case of a jump ball. But Brady also needs to throw it higher.

Brady seems a lot more composed in the press conference.

Fuck it, we got lucky.

After the past 2 years, after Nakamoron, after the PI that wiped away the Bills victory, after the Sucs scoring 17 straight points in the last 3 min and OT of the game last year, fuck it.

Sometimes you get lucky.

Only good teams are lucky, so count your blessings.

linkboy

Except Gerry Austin just explained it multiple times in ESPN. Not PI.

They're ignoring the Defensive Holding rule to protect the officials (Perria does the same thing on Fox).

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/useofhands

defensive player may not tackle or hold an opponent other than a runner. Otherwise, he may use his hands, arms, or body only:

(a) To defend or protect himself against an obstructing opponent.

Exception: An eligible receiver is considered to be an obstructing opponent ONLY to a point five yards beyond the line of scrimmage unless the player who receives the snap clearly demonstrates no further intention to pass the ball. Within this five-yard zone, a defensive player may chuck an eligible player in front of him. A defensive player is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone until a point when the receiver is even with the defender. The defensive player cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an eligible receiver in a manner that restricts movement as the play develops. Beyond this five-yard limitation, a defender may use his hands or arms ONLY to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver. In such reaction, the defender may not contact a receiver who attempts to take a path to evade him.

(b) To push or pull opponent out of the way on line of scrimmage.

(c) In actual attempt to get at or tackle runner.

(d) To push or pull opponent out of the way in a legal attempt to recover a loose ball.

(e) During a legal block on an opponent who is not an eligible pass receiver.

(f) When legally blocking an eligible pass receiver above the waist.

This is the NFL rule regarding Defensive Holding.

The play in question

822650170.gif

at the very least that was defensive holding. i guess whatever about the pass interference but i have literally never seen a ref throw a flag where a throw went to the middle of the field and was technically "catchable" (which it was because someone caught it) and then picked up the flag

patriots got hosed but they've had their fair share of favorable calls over the years

Pimpwerx

@bomani_jones 14m
this was like 2011-12 cam, in this sense: of the panthers 300 total yards, cam was responsible for 271. bel-air academy football.
Is that stat real? If so, cot damn! That's insane. I didn't know he accounted for that much of their offense tonight. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom