• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

And yes, the Colts are "frauds" to the extent that they can't endure the loss of Wayne. AFCS is crap but the Colts won't do much in the playoffs unless the defense carries them. Lot of fluke stuff in the Rams game, but the offensive struggles are real. They'll get blitzed to oblivion b/c none of the other WRs besides Hilton can beat man coverage

- ST was money except for blocking on punt returns. The punts were fantastic, pinning the Texans O with shitty field position great, and the FG block ended up being a real game changer. Bethel is a ST stud!

Good win. Hoping you guys can contend for the last WC spot. But on the ST, that is just the Texans being awful. One of the worst STs unit in recent history going by Football Outsiders. Somehow the 2013 Redskins have worse STs

---

Ass Creed4, BF4, and Killzone for me on B2G1

Sorry man. It sucks since it really looked like this was going to be a great year for you guys. Now they will need to rebuild. Hopefully you guys can get a coach in there and it will be like KC this year. Fins have tons of talent they just need much better coaches.

Yeah these coaches can't prepare worth a damn and don't adjust/know how to utilized their players at all. It's become so painfully obvious on what they should do yet they continue to make the same stupid mistakes, oh well at least there is no way Ross doesn't clean house at the end of the year, I just hope Tannehill continues to develop and we keep the talent we do have.

Also, I told you that you jumped on the wrong ship Kave Kitty! Back to your losing ways!

So how did Squicken handle last weeks' game? Did he know who to root for?

Go Cards!

THU
Indianapolis at Tennessee

SUN
Early
NY Jets at Buffalo
Baltimore at Chicago
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (what a shit fest, surprised it's not the MNF match)
Arizona at Gatas (Gata, Avy bet this week? ;)
Oakland at Houston
San Diego at Miami
Washington at Philadelphia
Detroit at Pittsburgh

Late
Minnesota at Seattle
San Francisco at New Orleans
Green Bay at NY Giants

Night
Kansas City at Denver

MON
New England at Carolina

Hunter S.

Lunchbox loves geography so here is a map for him. Dwayne does not live in a state that is not harsh against marijuana. Some states it is a almost a felony for his amount. Like in Florida.

marijuana2_infographic_USA.jpeg

THU, NOV 14

SUN, NOV 17
Washington at Philadelphia (the Eagles look good, but it's a home game, so it's way tougher to call than it should be)
NY Jets at Buffalo
Baltimore at Chicago
Cleveland at Cincinnati (If the Bengals lose this, the AFC North will start to look pretty... lacking)
Detroit at Pittsburgh
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (Yeah, this game don't look too hot)
Arizona at Jacksonville
Oakland at Houston (Case Keenum's been playing too well to have not won a game yet, and this shouldn't be a bad place to do it)
San Diego at Miami
San Francisco at New Orleans (Oh how things change in a week)
Green Bay at NY Giants (This one is real sketchy though, I'm kinda counting on Tolzein not sucking any more than he did against the Eagles, in which case we might win.)
Minnesota at Seattle
Kansas City at Denver

MON, NOV 18
New England at Carolina (Very low scoring I think that's a given, but that Carolina defense, man)

Miguel

We are now officially in the playoff race, especially because the Niners suck dick so we have a shot at both WC spots ;) Miguel, Just PM'ed you the pic for your avatar, sorry it's late. A few thoughts on the game:

- First, fuck the refs! that was our worst officiated game of the season with the crown achievement being that Mendenhall fumble at our own 5. Refs blew the whistle 5 fucking times calling the play dead before he fumbled and they still called it. Bullshit and that resulted in the Texans last TD that brought them within 3. Props to the team rising above and winning regardless as you have to when things don't go your way. It's just frustrating when you get reamed as if you're playing on the road in your own stadium.

- Welcome to the NFL, Housler! About damn time you emerged! I guess all it took was threatening his job with the Ballard hire. I guess Ballard signing could be effective regardless what he does on the field. Really hope he keeps it going and reaches the potential we all feel he has, guy could really cause mismatch problems with his size and speed.

- Floyd going out really hurts but Roberts re-emerged to pick up the slack. Still we need that other big body back as soon as possible. Fortunately we play the Jags this week.

- Palmer played pretty solid over all and the OL didn't make me call for their heads so I'd say that's improvement

- The D continues to be one of the best second half defenses in the league. They need to perform better in the first halves, however. Outstanding way to begin the game though :D What is insane is that the second play of the game, following the turnover TD, should have been another! Both P2 and D Wash would have intercepted that pass if they didn't run into each other and there was no one in front of them....That would have been amazing. Oh well, I'll take the one we accomplished on the first play!

- We need to get better at not tipping and fumbling would-be interceptions. Dansby especially seems to keep doing this.

- Ellington is still vastly superior to Mendy. I can't stand using Mendy so much like most fans, you know he won't be here next year and we could be getting Taylor those touches and he's done a good job in his limited opportunities. I understand why as we are in play off contention mode and Mendy has more experience so I get the logic but it's still frustrating with the way Mendy performs. I will give him credit for those few consecutive solid runs late in the game, however. We need to keep the RB production up as it is very evident how much it helps Palmer.

- ST was money except for blocking on punt returns. The punts were fantastic, pinning the Texans O with shitty field position great, and the FG block ended up being a real game changer. Bethel is a ST stud!

Kevin-Kolb.jpg

And yes, the Colts are "frauds" to the extent that they can't endure the loss of Wayne. AFCS is crap but the Colts won't do much in the playoffs unless the defense carries them. Lot of fluke stuff in the Rams game, but the offensive struggles are real. They'll get blitzed to oblivion b/c none of the other WRs besides Hilton can beat man coverage

Good win. Hoping you guys can contend for the last WC spot. But on the ST, that is just the Texans being awful. One of the worst STs unit in recent history going by Football Outsiders. Somehow the 2013 Redskins have worse STs

---

Ass Creed4, BF4, and Killzone for me on B2G1
Thanks, buddy. I acknowledge that the Texans ST is shit, their own fans were commenting on it behind me during the game. It's also true however, that we are the best FG blocking team in the league and have been for years now and our Punter's ability has nothing to do with opposing STs so really it only impacted where we pinned them which was still largely influenced by the placement of our punter, Zastudil (hope I spelt his name right, ha)
KIllzone, Knack and BF4 for me.

Might spring for NBA2K14 this week, too. Not a big basketball fan but I enjoy a good game now and again and it looks fantastic.
Squicken, Future, and anyone other NFL-GAF bro getting a PS4 at launch, PM me your PSN IDs. I already have my copy of Killzone so we can play together. Speaking of, I sent you a FR last night, Yankee.

With over 400 yards against the Packers on Sunday The Revolution has already set the Eagles record for 400+ yard games in a season. The only times teams have held the Eagles under 400 yards is in the 2 games that Barkely played.

Some crazy stats on Foles:

1. Only one other QB in NFL history has thrown 10 TD passes over 2 consecutive games in the same season without an interception: Tom Brady, 2007.

2. Only one QB has thrown more than Nick's 16 TDs without an interception to start the season: Peyton Manning, 2013.

3. Tied for most TD passes in a single game in NFL history: 7.

4. Highest completion percentage, QB rating, and fewest incompletions in a game where 7 TDs were thrown, all-time.

5. Youngest player in NFL history to throw for 7 TDs in a single game.

6. 60th perfect game in NFL history, recording a 158.3 passer rating vs the Raiders.

7. Second player in NFL history to throw for 400 yards while maintaining a perfect QB rating.

8. First QB in NFL history to have back to back games achieving 140 QB rating.

9. Only the 13th player ever to have 2 140 QB rating games in the same season.

10. Only opposing QB in NFL history to achieve a 140 QB rating at Lambeau Field.

Cant wait to see Chips offense once he gets his guy to run it.

Greg

Bucs Fan ‏@TBBucs4Life
I want a mention in the new thread, something about the Bucs keeping me from dying a slow, painful death for another week.

Chan Huk ‏@chanhuk1
@TBBucs4Life Your team sucks, your life sucks, everything about you just sucks. Go expire.

:lol x 10, i love gaf
:jnc :jnc :jnc

Awesome Squall ASF, I meant to do it this weekend but I have my mom and my mother in law both coming to stay with us for Thanksgiving so I have been in crazy clean up mode. Cant wait to kill some Helghast with you all.

Man all that stupidity about CoD Ghosts and now multiple sites have confirmed that it runs better on XB1. I wonder if this gen is going to wind up like last gen where most multiplats were the same or ran better on the "weaker" 360?

Syrinx

Going down to Tampa to see my Bucs live this Sunday. At least now there won't be this looming feeling of "we're going 0-16" hanging over. So I'll just go, drink, and enjoy myself.

Tamanon

Banned
Man all that stupidity about CoD Ghosts and now multiple sites have confirmed that it runs better on XB1. I wonder if this gen is going to wind up like last gen where most multiplats were the same or ran better on the "weaker" 360?

Nah, it's just Ghosts. Looked like a shitty port on both systems to begin with.

eznark

Banned

Infinity Ward should send some of their people over to whatever bum fuck studio shit out the completely broken Dead Rising game.

Feels like we're losing about 1000 posts every new week.

Well if they would stop banning everyone!

I blame jak.

This too.

THU, NOV 14

SUN, NOV 17
Washington at Philadelphia
NY Jets at Buffalo
Baltimore at Chicago
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Detroit at Pittsburgh
Atlanta at Tampa Bay
Arizona at Jacksonville
Oakland at Houston
San Diego at Miami
San Francisco at New Orleans
Green Bay at NY Giants
Minnesota at Seattle
Kansas City at Denver

MON, NOV 18
New England at Carolina

Infinity Ward should send some of their people over to whatever bum fuck studio shit out the completely broken Dead Rising game.

Whats broken about it? I watched the GiantBomb video the other day and they were raving about how fun it was. Thousands of enemies on screen and no loads at all seems pretty impressive.

Tamanon

Banned
Whats broken about it? I watched the GiantBomb video the other day and they were raving about how fun it was. Thousands of enemies on screen and no loads at all seems pretty impressive.

Lots of reports of sub-20 FPS and some shitty looking screenshots over in the gaming forum.

Lots of reports of sub-20 FPS and some shitty looking screenshots over in the gaming forum.

Well framerate drops like that definitely suck. I havent really been following DR3 since I am not a fan of those games for the most part, but I just saw the GB video and they seemed to really like it. Sucks if it is having problems. Capcom seems to really be having a lot of problems as a company. To bad MS cant just get the ip and have on of their internal studios develop it.

Awesome Squall ASF, I meant to do it this weekend but I have my mom and my mother in law both coming to stay with us for Thanksgiving so I have been in crazy clean up mode. Cant wait to kill some Helghast with you all.
Oh man, the in laws, eh? I've never played a Killzone game before so you'll have to show me the ropes. I can't believe next gen begins Friday...
Poor Case.
The Texan fans near me wanted to swap to Schoob just to preserve Case's health for the next game jnc
I'm planning on getting Destiny for PS4 at this point but I'll definitely be checking out review comparisons for the big third party releases between the two systems.

No more Kave Kitty!

A mod might see that.
Is there a Kave Kitty story I don't know about?

Milchjon

Did the CoD thread kill GAF? Or Amazon? Or was it nothing in particular and GAF is just at a point where downtime is the standard?

Oh man, the in laws, eh? I've never played a Killzone game before so you'll have to show me the ropes. I can't believe next gen begins Friday...

Do you have a PS3? Gamestop had KZ2 for $10 the other day when I was in one. That game holds up great and it would be a good into to the series. KZ3 mp was free for a while on PS+ but it isnt any more sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom