• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thanks for the kind words fellas, always appreciate the talk around here.

Yeah, his OL didn't help him much.

I really like RG, but he's starting to feel sorry for himself, starting to make excuses. He's taken some vicious hits, but some of it is his own doing. I hated his reaction after the Whitner int. Get up dude, I know you got popped but get up, get your head out of the dirt. Been doing it often this season, maybe I'm being too judgmental though.

PS The Bills play a home game this week.....IN TORONTO. Some of the best home field in the league and we can't take advantage of it in November, bahahaha.

I might go to this game and hate my life.

Family, food and Lions football. Doesn`t get better than that, brother. :)

Bounceback win for the Lions thursday, believe.
meh

Thoughts on Stafford's comments about the players only meeting not being required? He constantly sounds like Jim Schwartz: dismissive of criticism and set in his ways regardless of the results. We can still win the division and make the playoffs, but it's going to be a lot harder now thanks to blowing two straight games against bad teams. And in both games Stafford imploded in the second half, threw multiple INTs, and in general looked lost for long stretches of the game.

He constantly looks inaccurate and looks horrible on downfield throws; basically if it's not a slant, screen, or wide open stationary target he's not going to complete a pass. That amazing throw to Durham in the Dallas game remains an exception to the status quo.

The run defense is elite but we can't win if every QB can burn us for at least one huge TD play/broken coverage. And given Stafford's inaccuracy and tendency to take chances, it's very hard for us to win shootouts or come back.

HOFlynn is going to dice our secondary, again, just watch. And if we can't score like the last time we played GB...we're fucked.

squicken

Best thing for the Lions is to fire Schwartz. It's not worth a playoff appearance if you have to keep him. End the craziness of wasting Megatron's career, and to a lesser extent, Stafford's

meh
HOFlynn is going to dice our secondary, again, just watch. And if we can't score like the last time we played GB...we're fucked.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I can't tell if the Jets can't develop QBs or they just draft the wrong ones

Geno Smith just sucks. Great college QB but horrible NFL QB. I`m talking Blaine Gabbert bad.

If the Jests don`t draft a QB next year they will have another year of :jncs and irrelevance.

Greg

meh

Thoughts on Stafford's comments about the players only meeting not being required? He constantly sounds like Jim Schwartz: dismissive of criticism and set in his ways regardless of the results. We can still win the division and make the playoffs, but it's going to be a lot harder now thanks to blowing two straight games against bad teams. And in both games Stafford imploded in the second half, threw multiple INTs, and in general looked lost for long stretches of the game.

He constantly looks inaccurate and looks horrible on downfield throws; basically if it's not a slant, screen, or wide open stationary target he's not going to complete a pass. That amazing throw to Durham in the Dallas game remains an exception to the status quo.

The run defense is elite but we can't win if every QB can burn us for at least one huge TD play/broken coverage. And given Stafford's inaccuracy and tendency to take chances, it's very hard for us to win shootouts or come back.

I don't think you have to worry about GB's secondary making any plays.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Steve Young is legit too, both of them ex 49ers quarterbacks too lol. Really though i was pissed when i heard Dilfer say Kap was talking crap, then Dilfer showed the tape.... Niners need to hire this man as QB coach.

The thing is, it is trivial to find examples of any QB in any game not finding open receivers. Heck, last week against the Chiefs there were at least two occasions when Manning didn't find a receiver wide open for touchdown and it was mentioned but not totally scrutinized like Kap is being with someone a little open in the flat. "Not seeing open receivers" is magnified when the offense struggles and receivers really aren't open very often. We start holding QBs to a higher standard of finding them because it is so rare...that isn't fair though. I see that with RGIII as well...he doesn't have anyone open to throw it to a lot of the time.

Also, trying to run an offense with 1 wide, 2-3 tight ends and 2 backs means teams will automatically just run a 3-5 or a 4-4 with 3 DBs. Good luck getting open (when you suck at that) OR running against that. The 49ers need to open it up more because I think the analysts have it backwards. Their running game and pass protection are both below average. Their WRs are terrible with the exception of Boldin who doesn't get open but can catch the ball anyways. They need to create confusion to in the secondary to get receivers open so that Kap has someone to throw it to. He will screw up on occasion but I think that is the only way this offense can really move the ball.

Geno Smith just sucks. Great college QB but horrible NFL QB. I`m talking Blaine Gabbert bad.

If the Jests don`t draft a QB next year they will have another year of :jncs and irrelevance.
Your giving Geno Smith a little too much credit there. I have never seen a QB more beffudled than Geno Smith. You can see the shock on his face when the center hikes him yhe bal "They still hiking it to me!?"

LJ11

RG3 had Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Terrance Williams at Baylor, everyone was open all day long, especially Kendall. Quite the trade in, needs more players around him but they gave up the farm for him. At least they got Reed.

Enjoy the game, if you actually go, Kave. Can't be that bad, you may actually watch the Bills lose in person, you'd be into that.

RG3 had Josh Grondon, Kendall Wright, and Terrance Williams at Baylor everyone was open all day long, especially Kendall. Quite the trade in, needs more players around him but they gave up the farm for him. At least they got Reed.

sure glad the niners didn't trade a 2nd rounder for that loser josh gordon

-_-

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
meh

Thoughts on Stafford's comments about the players only meeting not being required? He constantly sounds like Jim Schwartz: dismissive of criticism and Iset in his ways regardless of the results. We can still win the division and make the playoffs, but it's going to be a lot harder now thanks to blowing two straight games against bad teams. And in both games Stafford imploded in the second half, threw multiple INTs, and in general looked lost for long stretches of the game.

HOFlynn is going to dice our secondary, again, just watch. And if we can't score lik the last time we played GB...we're likfucked.

This is the first I heard about Stafford dismissing the players only meeting. I`m posting from my phone so I`ll keep it short.

Stafford has supreme confidence in himself and he has a reason to. He has God given talent in terms of arm strength, intelligence etc. If you take Stafford off our team we are garbage.

It`s in Lions fans blood to be negative and pessimistic. We have sucked forever.

But consider our 2011 playoff season. Every QB has a bad game once in a while. Stafford has proven to be clutch throughout his career. If Megatron doesn`t fumble the perfectly thrown ball, off of Staffs backleg throw, we beat the Bucs.

Stafford is a special QB and we ride or die with him. If you him weapons like Brees has in NO or Peyton has in Denver there is no doubt in my mind he puts up numbers as good, and probably better.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle

Carroll hinted at philo at 7-9 but now that he is 10-1 with a legit QB- he has no problem sharing true feelings about throwing the football

Carroll might as well have come out and said "the world is flat" or the "world is round" cuz that is straight modern day NFL HERESY.

still shocking in the modern day passing NFL that he flat out says "I can win with Tarvaris if I have to" -he trusts his run game, D & ST
Hah. Bit of an overreaction to his statements today saying he feels that rather than resting everything on an elite passing game with a single point of failure, a team should have multiple ways to beat another team.

I don't think you have to worry about GB's secondary making any plays.
We'll make them look like Revis Island in its prime, I'm sure. Plus 3 TDs for Flynn.

I figured the Steelers game could go either way due to it being an away game, but Tampa and GB should have been gimmie wins for a good team. After two weeks of fail I don't have any confidence in beating GB on Thursday.

Then there's Philly...god, Foles might bomb us for 8 TDs lol

RBH

RG3 had Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Terrance Williams at Baylor, everyone was open all day long, especially Kendall. Quite the trade in, needs more players around him but they gave up the farm for him. At least they got Reed.

Enjoy the game, if you actually go, Kave. Can't be that bad, you may actually watch the Bills lose in person, you'd be into that.
I have a feeing that EJ will have a field day against Atlanta.

Everyone else has at least so far this year.

Greg

Getting a pick this year seems impossible for this team. Being near the ball sure helps.

If it'd been the Packer secondary, that bizarre interception Tampa got would've been fumbled back into Megatron's hands for a TD.
seriously

early in the season when the line was getting some good pressure I thought it would lead to something

We'll make them look like Revis Island in its prime, I'm sure. Plus 3 TDs for Flynn.

I figured the Steelers game could go either way due to it being an away game, but Tampa and GB should have been gimmie wins for a good team. After two weeks of fail I don't have any confidence in beating GB on Thursday.

Then there's Philly...god, Foles might bomb us for 8 TDs lol
Megatron is actually playing in this game though

DMczaf

Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie 6m
RG3 sacked 4 times, knocked down 7 times.. and I haven't seen his lineman help him up once. I've never noticed that before w/ Skins.

RGIIKickedInNutsSmith.gif

There's some really random streams on PS4. Watching someone play Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD right now (he has his camera pointed at his tv and everything looks mirrored for viewers).

squicken

Hah. Bit of an overreaction to his statements today saying he feels that rather than resting everything on an elite passing game with a single point of failure, a team should have multiple ways to beat another team.

All fans want Brady or Manning. Passing is also the most efficient way to gain yards. So when a coach stays committed to ground and pound, he's essentially saying "I don't trust my QB to handle the volume of a Brady offense"

And Cosell made a good point on that last week. Those are 2 of the 10 greatest QBs ever. It's pretty crazy to compare other QBs to those guys. Pete handles that offense perfectly. No reason not to lean on a defense that gives up so few points, and a run game so proficient

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol

I'm sure at the time, people thought Atari was too strong and Nintendo shouldn't make the nes. Then Nintendo was too strong and Sony shouldn't make the Playstation. Then Sony was too strong and MS shouldn't make the XBox. The industry needs a kick in the ass. Don't know if Valve is going to provide it, but they have my attention.

lol

I'm sure at the time, people thought Atari was too strong and Nintendo shouldn't make the nes. Then Nintendo was too strong and Sony shouldn't make the Playstation. Then Sony was too strong and MS shouldn't make the XBox. The industry needs a kick in the ass. Don't know if Valve is going to provide it, but they have my attention.

I'm interested but the controller looks god awful. Let me use the beautiful creature known as DS4 and perhaps I'd buy!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm interested but the controller looks god awful. Let me use the beautiful creature known as DS4 and perhaps I'd buy!

I'm certain someone will make a driver for it. I use a 360 controller on my pc now. But I need the track pad capabilities if I'm ever going to play Civ from my couch!

Top Bottom