• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

cdyhybrid

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1m
Colin Kaepernick throws for 3 TD as 49ers pummel Redskins, 27-6. It's San Fran's first win in North America since Week 7.

:jnc

DMczaf

lol the last Monday Night game is ATL @ SF?

Jaaayysssuss

5998418.jpg

cdyhybrid

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 37s
This was the first time in RGIII career as a college or pro QB in which his team's offense didn't score a TD

squicken

Liking the look of the Skins. Pretty listless and hopeless. Like they have quit on Shanny. They'll need to trade Cousins before the draft imo

Trent Dilfer is a great analyst when it comes to the QB position, same with Steve Young.

steve young made a great point about the backs. i just dont understand it. i've seen plays the last few weeks where he is literally looking at the backs wide open and doesn't check it down.... i don't get it

Bowser

really? damn did know that

When they told me I had cancer—a very rare form called appendiceal cancer—I was shocked. But I went straight into battle mode. Every morning I'd wake up and have an internal conversation with cancer. "All right, dude," I'd tell it, "go ahead and hit me. But I'm going to hit you back even harder."

That was in 2007, and I beat it. My cancer went into remission.

It came back in 2011, and I fought it and beat it again.

It recently came back a third time. To be honest, I'm scared. I've always been afraid of cancer, but this time feels different. My confidence is shaken. I'm a little more vulnerable, a little more aware of my mortality, a little more uncertain about my future. All of which just means I depend on my post-chemo workouts even more.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/stuart-scott-cancer

LJ11

RG3 wasn't a runner at Baylor, some designed runs but nothing fancy, typical zone read stuff to keep D honest, but he was a gun QB which brings with it a host of problems when you enter the pros.

Mainly, poor footwork and how do you pair a downhill run game with a shotgun pass scheme. The later isn't as hard for some coaches, don't ask me the why's and how's because I'm not smart enough, seems to me that some teams/coaches can draw up a good run game out of gun. Even the Pats haven't been able to mesh a good run game out of the gun, they go under center and do a pretty good job of it when they do.

So Shanny goes out and finds his solution, the Pistol. It was exactly what Shanny wanted, maintain downhill zone block scheme in singleback alignment or even use a FB/TE in a pro style set, while keeping PA boot action in play. It had worked for Ault, why not use it? You could keep the backside honest with option plays, heck you could option front side too, zone blocking, and power as well.

All your runs are there, you can hide your QBs footwork issues for a bit, tons of ballhandling/playaction to misdirect defenses, and your QB keeps the gun perspective. All well and good, until your QB starts to get hit over and over and over and over. Used his legs to get you into the playoffs, now he looks 60% of what he was when running the football.

He's falling off throws, footwork is sloppy, sick of taking hits, can't read defenses because the PA stuff isn't as effective when they're not scared of the QB ripping off a 40 yarder....

Not sure why I wrote all that...Life and death of RG3....

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
steve young made a great point about the backs. i just dont understand it. i've seen plays the last few weeks where he is literally looking at the backs wide open and doesn't check it down.... i don't get it

Yeah that one play IIRC in the second quarter where he threw a ball that was a dropped pick, he looked right at his RB, it would`ve been a first down but he didn`t make the throw for whatever reason.

If you guys had a back like Jahvid Best or Reggie Bush, and Kap could make those checkdowns it would help your offense a ton.

Kap has a horrible habit of staring down one receiver and not going through his checkdowns.

Stafford goes through his reads accordingly and this year has learned to not take sacks and checkdown or get rid of the ball. Kap doesn`t grasp that yet because if his receivers aren`t open he panics and decides to scramble. He can be coached on that though. His awkward pitching throwing motion, IDK about that though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I thought RG3 looked ok when he was sitting in the pocket. But once it broke down, forget about it. And it broke down a lot tonight.

cdyhybrid

Lhsm7NU.png

Doug Baldwin with some keen insight.

Edit: Bonus!

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 4m
Redskins had 6 drives in 2nd half. Longest one went 9 yards.

duxstar

yep, i absolutely love MNF announcers and pregame and postgame talking heads

Steve Young is legit too, both of them ex 49ers quarterbacks too lol. Really though i was pissed when i heard Dilfer say Kap was talking crap, then Dilfer showed the tape.... Niners need to hire this man as QB coach.

squicken

Bottom of QB performers this week, pre-RG3

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/103107/nfl-week-12-qb-report

Matthew Stafford
Passer rating: 61.6
QBR: 35.9
Briefly: Stafford forced a few passes in his eagerness to get the ball to receiver Calvin Johnson, who caught seven of his 14 targets from Stafford. Two were intercepted.

Eli Manning
Passer rating: 92.9
QBR: 31.9
Briefly: Manning targeted receiver Victor Cruz a season-low four times Sunday against the Cowboys.

Peyton Manning
Passer rating: 70.4
QBR: 28.1
Briefly: Manning's 150 pass yards were his lowest in a game since the 2010 season.

Cam Newton
Passer rating: 60.6
QBR: 27.5
Briefly: Newton had a poor day downfield, failing to connect on any of his seven passes that traveled more than 15 yards. But he did put together the fifth game-winning drive of his career.

Andrew Luck
Passer rating: 60.1
QBR: 21.9
Briefly: Luck found himself under duress on a career-high 15 drop-backs against the Arizona Cardinals, even though they blitzed only 29 percent of the time.

Brandon Weeden
Passer rating: 64.6
QBR: 17.8
Briefly: Weeden did well in targeting receiver Josh Gordon, hitting him on eight of nine targets and accounting for 166 of Gordon's 237 receiving yards. Weeden entered the game in the third quarter after starter Jason Campbell suffered a concussion.

Case Keenum
Passer rating: 54.7
QBR: 14.4
Briefly: Keenum dropped back 35 times and managed 169 passing yards against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the second-lowest ratio of Week 12.

Geno Smith
Passer rating: 22.3
QBR: 3.1
Briefly: Smith completed seven of 18 passes from the pocket, including two that were intercepted, for a total of 97 yards. This season, he has thrown seven touchdown passes and 19 interceptions from the pocket.

I can't tell if the Jets can't develop QBs or they just draft the wrong ones

LJ11

Thanks for the kind words fellas, always appreciate the talk around here.

I thought RG3 looked ok when he was sitting in the pocket. But once it broke down, forget about it. And it broke down a lot tonight.

Yeah, his OL didn't help him much.

I really like RG, but he's starting to feel sorry for himself, starting to make excuses. He's taken some vicious hits, but some of it is his own doing. I hated his reaction after the Whitner int. Get up dude, I know you got popped but get up, get your head out of the dirt. Been doing it often this season, maybe I'm being too judgmental though.

PS The Bills play a home game this week.....IN TORONTO. Some of the best home field in the league and we can't take advantage of it in November, bahahaha.

DMczaf

Mike Glennon
Passer rating: 138.4
QBR: 78.5
Briefly: Since throwing two interceptions in his first start, Glennon has 12 touchdown passes and two interceptions over seven games. He has been exceptionally accurate on deep passes, and Sunday he completed all three of his throws that traveled more than 15 yards past the line of scrimmage, gaining a total of 148 yards.

:*)

Top Bottom