• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Must have missed those when I was playing some games or watching something else on TV. Sorry I haven't watched every single second of this game.

Sorry. I get upset when certain players are singled out as being "special" floppers who get calls. I get upset when people go on about Brady or Manning too. Kraft money, checks bounced, all of that bullshit pisses me off.

But I'm already upset because I know when I go to work tomorrow it's going to be rubbed in my face. I'm the only Saints fan in a 200 mile radius here in CT. I'm really fucking mad, so stuff that gets me steamed usually gets me REALLY fucking pissed when I'm already upset as fuck.

mkenyon

Banned
Doesn't matter. I'm seeing a bunch of morons taking pride in being the loudest when the only reason they're the loudest is because of the building design.
http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/09/17/the-science-of-sound-how-seattle-got-so-darn-loud/

The curves on these canopies are also key. “They are large parabolas,” says Bill Stewart, managing partner at SSA Acoustics, which is based in Seattle. Stewart was responsible for measuring the record-setting noise on Sunday night. “The curvature and angles of the canopies act to focus the sound energy onto the playing field, producing higher noise levels.”

These physics also change behavior. “Fans get caught up in it,” says Stewart. “They experience an intense increase in the sound levels that they would not normally experience in an outdoor environment, and are energized by it.” As a result, they scream even louder.

Over a decade ago, Seahawks owner Paul Allen told Jon Niemuth, the architect of CenturyLink Field, to model his team’s new home after Husky Stadium, home of the University of Washington. Allen wanted that crazed, college feel. So at CenturyLink field, the seats are relatively close to the field. In the north end zone, the design team created rows of aluminum bleachers. “When fans stomp on them,” Niemuth says, “things get really loud.”

Niemuth, however, did not anticipate the sound effects of the curved canopies. He calls this result a “happy accident.”

TL;DR: Tuna cry more (and research your shitty word of mouth knowledge)

Mollymauk

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/09/17/the-science-of-sound-how-seattle-got-so-darn-loud/

The curves on these canopies are also key. “They are large parabolas,” says Bill Stewart, managing partner at SSA Acoustics, which is based in Seattle. Stewart was responsible for measuring the record-setting noise on Sunday night. “The curvature and angles of the canopies act to focus the sound energy onto the playing field, producing higher noise levels.”

These physics also change behavior. “Fans get caught up in it,” says Stewart. “They experience an intense increase in the sound levels that they would not normally experience in an outdoor environment, and are energized by it.” As a result, they scream even louder.

Over a decade ago, Seahawks owner Paul Allen told Jon Niemuth, the architect of CenturyLink Field, to model his team’s new home after Husky Stadium, home of the University of Washington. Allen wanted that crazed, college feel. So at CenturyLink field, the seats are relatively close to the field. In the north end zone, the design team created rows of aluminum bleachers. “When fans stomp on them,” Niemuth says, “things get really loud.”

Niemuth, however, did not anticipate the sound effects of the curved canopies. He calls this result a “happy accident.”

TL;DR: Tuna cry more (and research your shitty word of mouth knowledge)
#ether

Top Bottom