• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Merry Xmas eve, ya bums. Can't believe the Steelers won despite that idiot Tomlin. Can't believe they survived another week of hanging by a playoff thread and also continuing to weaken their draft position, but oh well. As the genius Tomlin would say, it is what it is.

And I'm not sure if you guys heard, but the Cowboys won and Romo is hurt. No, really, it's true. Turn on just about any station on TV to hear about it.

Merry Xmas eve, ya bums. Can't believe the Steelers won despite that idiot Tomlin. Can't believe they survived another week of hanging by a playoff thread and also continuing to weaken their draft position, but oh well. As the genius Tomlin would say, it is what is.

And I'm not sure if you guys heard, but the Cowboys won and Romo is hurt. No, really, it's true. Turn on just about any station on TV to hear about it.

That's all they talked about after the game on ESPN lol

Eleuin

QUOTE]Do beast wars and I'll put a ring on it

Konka

Banned
Firing Rex now would be stupid. He carried this terrible team to a .500 record.

Get the guy an actual NFL QB. Sign Vick or McCown in the offseason or whatever. Get some actual talent on the offensive side of the ball. They'll be a playoff team next year.

Bring back the Sanchize.

squicken

Merry Xmas eve, ya bums. Can't believe the Steelers won despite that idiot Tomlin it.

I still can't believe he let Bell score, and keeps compounding it but not acknowledging he messed up.

Get the guy an actual NFL QB. Sign Vick or McCown in the offseason or whatever. Get some actual talent on the offensive side of the ball. They'll be a playoff team next year.

Rex is antagonistic to offense. He enjoys having practices where his defense embarrasses the offense. He thinks like a defensive coordinator and not a head coach. Sanchez may never have been much, but Rex was a negative influence on his development. He was coddled and babied in the facility and then made him look awful in practice by turning Revis and Comartie loose on the WRs

Anyone that thinks of hiring Pettine needs to worry about that too. They both hate offense. How can any offense flourish under a head coach that has nothing but disdain for its mere existence?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I still can't believe he let Bell score, and keeps compounding it but not acknowledging he messed up.

Rex is antagonistic to offense. He enjoys having practices where his defense embarrasses the offense. He thinks like a defensive coordinator and not a head coach. Sanchez may never have been much, but Rex was a negative influence on his development. He was coddled and babied in the facility and then made him look awful in practice by turning Revis and Comartie loose on the WRs

Anyone that thinks of hiring Pettine needs to worry about that too. They both hate offense. How can any offense flourish under a head coach that has nothing but disdain for its mere existence?

I mean all of this still happens if he cared about offense at all. The Jets have been devoid of talent all over their offense. They have complete garbage at WR, their offensive line has gone from one of the better ones in the league to pretty mediocre and they still have no QB.

I'd like to pin a lot of it on Rex but the reality is there is just no talent there. I think what Rex has done this year with absolutely zero talent on offense warrants him being able to finish out his contract for next year.

His blaming it on not trusting the kicking game because of the weather is hilariously awful. But after seven seasons I've come to understand that this is the best he can offer and sadly it will never change.

squicken

I mean all of this still happens if he cared about offense at all. The Jets have been devoid of talent all over their offense. They have complete garbage at WR, their offensive line has gone from one of the better ones in the league to pretty mediocre and they still have no QB.

I'd like to pin a lot of it on Rex but the reality is there is just no talent there. I think what Rex has done this year with absolutely zero talent on offense warrants him being able to finish out his contract for next year.

I definitely agree with you about the offensive skill players, but the offensive line is pretty decent, and has been good for most of Rex's tenure. Those games where Schotty was having Sanchize throw it 50 times a game were madness

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Reports are now saying that multiple idiots (sorry, I mean "players") on the Lions are asking Mayhew to keep Schwartz.

Of course they are. I can't wait to be teamless next year.

effzee

And who would they throw to? Those moves only makse sense if they also add some WR and RB talent in addition.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
These are the players who can't catch passes, can't throw to their own receivers, can't hold on to the ball, and can't win big games. These same guys are wanting to keep their coach who has no idea how to fix all of those problems.

Wonderful.

If I'm Mayhew, I laugh in their faces.

MechDX

These are the players who can't catch passes, can't throw to their own receivers, can't hold on to the ball, and can't win big games. These same guys are wanting to keep their coach who has no idea how to fix all of those problems.

Wonderful.

If I'm Mayhew, I laugh in their faces.

Serious option: keep Schwartz and get Kubiak for OC

RBH

Quarterback Marcus Mariota is returning to the Oregon Ducks for the 2014 season, right?

Maybe not.

After releasing a statement Dec. 3 of his intentions to return to Oregon, the NFL Advisory Committee has since received Mariota's request for an evaluation, NFLDraftScout.com has confirmed.

The timing of Mariota's request has been a source of contention in the weeks since his announcement.

Former NFL scout and Senior Bowl contributor John Middlekauf initially reported that Mariota did not request his grade from the committee before announcing that he would return to Oregon. Rob Moseley, the editor of Oregon's official athletics website, GoDucks.com, refuted Middlekauf's report, stating that Mariota told him that he had, in fact, requested an evaluation. Considering that both reports came on December 7 -- four days after Mariota's statement -- it is possible that each is correct.

Update: According to Craig Pintens, Oregon's senior associate athletic director, Mariota requested his grade "the day after the Civil War." When asked today by Portland Sports Radio station 750 The Game if his plans had changed, Mariota said, "To clear any confusion, I'm very blessed and thankful to come back."

Regardless of the actual date Mariota requested his grade from the committee, what has become increasingly clear is that he made his statement without actually learning of his grade. Once he receives the grade -- expected to be a top 15 designation -- Mariota may have a harder time turning down the lure of an NFL paycheck.

Requesting his grade certainly does not mean that Mariota has changed his mind and will declare early for the 2014 NFL Draft. Many players check with the NFL's free evaluative service simply to get a better grasp on their prospects for the future and fully plan on returning for another year of collegiate action.

It isn't difficult to understand why Mariota may want to consider leaving now. The strong-armed, highly athletic passer boasts a more exciting skill-set than any other quarterback potentially available in 2014, including Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated quarterback at this time.

"Why wouldn't he want to look into [coming out this year]?" one high ranking NFL source said on the condition on anonymity. "[Mariota] could be the first quarterback drafted this year. That may not happen next year."

There is no denying that Mariota could polish his game with another season in Eugene. Returning, however, would put him in contention with Florida State's Jameis Winston, whose rise to Heisman Trophy winner hasn't gone unnoticed by NFL scouts.

Winston, a redshirt freshman, isn't eligible for the 2014 draft but will be eligible next year.

Mariota passed for 3,412 yards and 30 touchdowns against just four interceptions in 2013. He also rushed for 582 yards and nine scores. Mariota didn't play as well down the stretch (four interceptions in last two games) after suffering an injury to his left knee against UCLA but ended the Ducks' regular season in fine form by guiding them to an impressive comeback over rival Oregon State in the Civil War.

Regardless of prior announcements made, underclassmen officially have until Jan. 15 to request early admission into the NFL draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rn-to-oregon-mariota-requested-grade-from-nfl

squicken

Reports are now saying that multiple idiots (sorry, I mean "players") on the Lions are asking Mayhew to keep Schwartz.

Of course they are. I can't wait to be teamless next year.

Players like the status quo b/c new coaches want new players. Schwartz is gone

usatsi_7619283_153192chsau.jpg

I haven't payed attention to the AFC playoff picture, how likely are the Steelers to make the playoffs? They are one of the few teams I feel will definitely want a LT that picks before us.

Who are all the teams that will go LT early? I figure Rams for sure, maybe Chargers and Steelers. Who else would snipe a LT before they fall to the Cards? Buffalo?

ESPN employee loves ESPN employee, and he never mentions the murders. Unreal. Reilly is worse than Bayless

He's talking about judging people, and here comes Squicken sitting on his cloud of judgment bringing up little things like double homicide.

I am obligated to remind you he was and is innocent of those crimes.

Also, Reilly does suck, but he wrote a gem of truth here.

squicken

I haven't payed attention to the AFC playoff picture, how likely are the Steelers to make the playoffs? They are one of the few teams I feel will definitely want a LT that picks before us.

Who are all the teams that will go LT early? I figure Rams for sure, maybe Chargers and Steelers. Who else would snipe a LT before they fall to the Cards? Buffalo?

It's supposed to be a very deep tackle draft. It's early, obviously, but I've read some mock drafts that have 8-9 going in the first round.

Steelers are a long shot to make the playoffs

Very unlikely.

Doh. Well if we don't make the playoffs this week I guess I'll have plenty of time to try to figure out what everyone picking before us wants. Although it's useful to ask here since you guys know what you're team needs and represent just about every team.

It's supposed to be a very deep tackle draft. It's early, obviously, but I've read some mock drafts that have 8-9 going in the first round.

Steelers are a long shot to make the playoffs

Good, hopefully it's not fluff and there are some talented options outside of the top two I already knew about. Walter FB has Lewan falling to us, hmm

Top Bottom