• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Konka

Banned
Already told his PSU staff he is getting Texans job and expect calls for positions on staff. Uncle Bob taking Tex Jet to pick him up in Happy Valley then swing by Cleveland on way back to pick up Horton for DC and drop off Schaub.

Smoke and mirrors.

Oozer3993

Per Will Burge.

ron-paul.gif

iblTQuMjY2CJUu.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's not insider information. Phillip Rivers himself said it when he was being interviewed by Rich Eisen and the NFLN crew postgame at Denver.

He said something to the effect that people criticizing his game was overblown and didn't have merit to it. Which is what NFL fans do all the time.

Again this whole notion that someone is going to come and teach Stafford or Rivers how to throw a ball is ridiculous because they are the best in the world at it. What will help Stafford is Whisenhunt's playcalling and not putting Stafford in situations where he has five receiver sets, and the defense knows we're passing the ball.

That and getting him some decent receivers who actually can catch a football. Its not a coincidence Staffords best year, and playoff year in 2011, is when we were loaded with talent at the WR and TE position.

Wrong.

Watch videos of Stafford over the past 3 years chronologically. He's gotten lazier. More sidearmed throws, more back-foot throws, and less footwork. It's awful. Guys like Jaworski and Warner slam him justifiably. NFL Network guys were echoing it today as well. Even Mayhew today deflected a question about Stafford not being pushed enough. It happened. Play calling alone isn't going to fix it.

The guy clearly has mechanical issues that weren't there before.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Peyton Manning's points scored in playoff losses:

19-16 vs Titans
23-17 at Dolphins
41-0 at Jets
24-14 at Patriots
20-3 at Patriots
21-18 vs Steelers
28-24 vs Chargers
23-17 at Chargers
31-17 Saints
17-16 vs Jets
38-35 vs Ravens

5 losses were at home (5 on the road, 1 neutral)
Average of 16 points scored per game
so, what you're saying is your best bet at beating Peyton Manning is to hold him to about 16 points. This idea of yours, where did you come up with it, I think it might work well to extrapolate this out to all teams.

Tom Penny

People excited about Josh Mcdaniels as their head coach is hilarious. At least you're guaranteed to get Manziel. He did draft Tebow.

MechDX

I must join my brothers

are you in for a 1-week bet too?

if you decline, the 9ers will fumble on their first possession
... and no, it won't result in an offensive touchdown

If no one else will, Ill do it for you. I remember Week 1 when Chargers GAF didn't exist and you proudly stepped in.

sucks that game was the highlight of our season

Drakeon

Greg, I'll take you up on your bet if Xia declines.

If Greg can't, I'll go for a 1 week avatar bet with any other Packers fans.

If no one else will, Ill do it for you. I remember Week 1 when Chargers GAF didn't exist and you proudly stepped in.

Do it, Greg!

If we somehow win we can turn Mech's terrifying voodoo powers loose on our next opponent!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I don't do avatar bets since I don't really use sports-related avatars to begin with, so if someone else wants to do it feel free. But I'll take the mantle if noone else wants to.

I think the only sports avatar I ever had was when I used Freeman for National Taco Day.

The roommate of the main chick in the show "Girls" is fine. If I was a Football players I would totally make her my assistant, find her a job within the organization, and take her everywhere with me.

Greg

you're a good man

you deserve time off during your beautiful franchise rebirth though!

I don't do avatar bets since I don't really use sports-related avatars to begin with, so if someone else wants to do it feel free. But I'll take the mantle if noone else wants to.
no problem

ok, Drakeon - it's a deal

The Chiefs are going to put a whooping on the Colts. Jamaal Charles will solidify himself as the best RB in the league.

Chiefs 24, Colts 17. You heard it here first.

We're one and done. :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wrong.

Watch videos of Stafford over the past 3 years chronologically. He's gotten lazier. More sidearmed throws, more back-foot throws, and less footwork. It's awful. Guys like Jaworski and Warner slam him justifiably. NFL Network guys were echoing it today as well. Even Mayhew today deflected a question about Stafford not being pushed enough. It happened. Play calling alone isn't going to fix it.

The guy clearly has mechanical issues that weren't there before.

We'll just agree to disagree then. I'm also not saying there are issues with Stafford he can't improve on. I'm just defending him based on the incredible hyperbole I hear from a lot of Detroit fans and other fans. We have our franchise QB, and those don't come along very often.

All the great ones have gone through there ups and downs. But you can quote me on this, if we get a stud #2 receiver and a decent #3 we will be one of the best teams in the NFL next year and a Superbowl contender and Stafford will be the main reason because of it.

Anyway you're still my bro Plinko, its nothing personal if its coming across that way.

But:

that-s-my-quarterback-o.gif

Top Bottom