• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Williamses.jpg

The exact same mouth/smirk.

I HATE YOU GAF

Wynnebeck

Banned
"alternative lifestyles"

:jnc Bucket does it again.

But yeah PackersGAF, it was a good run. At least Rodgers showed that he was able to come out and avenge his injury. Niners are going to wax our asses though.

Patriots7

I can't fathom what teams are seeing in McDaniels.
The Pats' offense has taken a huge leap backwards.
He was already given the opportunity to be a head coach up in Denver, and gave the league Tebow.

Bill O'Brien, I understand. But McD?

Detective NFL GAF I need some serious help for a friend. I am trying to find footage of Clete Blakeman after he looks at the review of the Arron Rodgers fumble and is stopped by two guys and put on the headset before coming back on the field....

I have scoured for a while with no luck... I was fairly drunk during the game so I don't know if it was broadcasts but podcast and my friend tell me it was.

Thanks in advance if someone can grab me a link of Clete being stopped before coming back to make the call.

MechDX

He was already given the opportunity to be a head coach up in Denver, and gave the league Tebow.

Its the Browns.....seriously though, as I stated before, if he learned from his mistakes and doesn't have complete control of personnel he can be good.

Drakeon

you're a good man

you deserve time off during your beautiful franchise rebirth though!

no problem

ok, Drakeon - it's a deal

Alright! Wish I had better photoshop skills to make an appropriate avatar though :( Guess it's a bit presumptive to say that.

God I hope the pass rush isn't as pedestrian as it was against the Falcons and Cardinals. Hate to see what Rodgers can do with a lot of time against our secondary.

You get your filthy paws off of Tomsula.

No one better take Tomsula away from us.

bionic77

It has to happen sooner or later right?
I seem to remember the bengals in the Super Bowl but I don't think it really happened. Must just be dementia.

If it is ever going to happen this is the year but asking me to believe in the Bungles in a big game is like asking eznark to believe in a black president. It's just hard to do.

Which happened to be the greatest thing to ever happen to the Denver Broncos ever since back-to-back Super Bowl championships. Give this man his head coaching job Cleveland.

MANZIELMANIA WILL BE RUNNING WILD OVER CLEVELAND BROWNS STADIUM.

bionic77

"alternative lifestyles"

:jnc Bucket does it again.

But yeah PackersGAF, it was a good run. At least Rodgers showed that he was able to come out and avenge his injury. Niners are going to wax our asses though.
:lol

The Packers were 8-7-1 and are only playing this weekend because the Lions choked like no ones ever choked before.

In today's shit league that makes the Packers strong SB favorites. Niners fans are probably pissing their pants right now.

Doorman

We'll just agree to disagree then. I'm also not saying there are issues with Stafford he can't improve on. I'm just defending him based on the incredible hyperbole I hear from a lot of Detroit fans and other fans. We have our franchise QB, and those don't come along very often.

All the great ones have gone through there ups and downs...

There are people that go overboard with it, but I do think it's fair to look at Stafford with a critical eye given his results. Still, this is sensible.

But you can quote me on this, if we get a stud #2 receiver and a decent #3 we will be one of the best teams in the NFL next year and a Superbowl contender and Stafford will be the main reason because of it.

Anyway you're still my bro Plinko, its nothing personal if its coming across that way.

...And then we see incredible hyperbole going in completely the opposite direction.

Narag

hey- hey, remember the last time we faced the Chiefs and hosted them at 4:30pm et in the playoffs?

i do.

peyton_manning0205.jpg

tj1A0fD.jpg

narag, it's time.

Jamaal Charles to rush for 32 yards.

I stopped doing this after getting excited about the Colts going back to Miami for a Super Bowl.

:lol

The Packers were 8-7-1 and are only playing this weekend because the Lions choked like no ones ever choked before.

In today's shit league that makes the Packers strong SB favorites. Niners fans are probably pissing their pants right now.

If the Pack make it, I almost want the Pats* to be there so after being the first team to lose a SB to a 9-7 team, they can also be the first to lose to an 8-7-1 squad. But then again, I would like to be able to watch the SB without having to choke back vomit....which is something I couldn't do the past two SBs because of the Pats* and Rats.

Since all of my hats are made out of tinfoil, I'm betting that Goodell is telling his soldiers to do everything in their power to make it a Pats/Packers Superb Owl.

Rodgers beating Brady would cement his legacy, boost the NFLs stock, and keep the attention away from the concussions.

America loves an underdog and hates the Cheats.

If Rodgers is actually gay, that would help Roger get some of that diversity/tolerance money too.

Seahawk Opponent Audio Recap

Click that if you want to hear the Ram's announcers get EXTREMELY salty over the officials. HILARITY.

It was a bullshit sequence of events but hey, as long as it happens to the other teams, it's hilarity, right?

Anyhoo, I moved up here last year to Seattle and was out of state last year around the holidays but this year, I was fortunate to be in town to go see a Rams game at the stadium.

I was at that game yesterday, wearing my jersey, rooting for the Rams. Not instigating, just cheering when my team got stops, 1st downs and scored. Not even booing Seattle. I was supporting my team.

I gotta say, my experience with the "12th Man" was mostly hostile from the start. People were talking shit, simply by seeing me with my jersey on. I was with my SO and she was shocked by it. Some of it was playful, a lot of it not so much.

As the game progressed, it got more and more hostile, even as Seattle was winning. Again, I remained silent, just cheering when we did well. Any time I cheered for my team, I was bombarded with jeers....for cheering...my...team.

Once the game was over, even after they had won, the fans were still less than classy, even on my way out. There were a handful of fans that tried apologizing to me, saying that people were "just excited".

I have been to several sporting events when I lived in LA (Lakers, Dodgers, etc. and I have never personally seen that kind of unprovoked hostility towards fans of the opposing team. It was very weird and extremely off-putting.

Anyway, I'll say to you what I said to all the other people at CenturyLink that had less than kind words: Good Luck To You Guys In The Playoffs. Stay Classy.

Bengals 2014 schedule

Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titants

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New England Patriots

Man, this looks TOUGH

Bengals 2014 schedule

Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

You won the division brah, you play the Pats and Colts, not the third place Phins and Jags.

edit1: Actually, it's AFC North vs AFC South next year. East gets the West

edit2: Looks like you completely fucked it up, lol http://www.bengals.com/schedule/schedule-rotation.html

squicken

It

Anyway, I'll say to you what I said to all the other people at CenturyLink that had less than kind words: Good Luck To You Guys In The Playoffs. Stay Classy.

Chickens fans smh

That sucks you had a bad time. It's almost impossible to go to an away game now unless you go with a block of traveling fans. NFL has to choose between beer sales and a pleasant environment, and they chose beer

Chickens fans smh

That sucks you had a bad time. It's almost impossible to go to an away game now unless you go with a block of traveling fans. NFL has to choose between beer sales and a pleasant environment, and they chose beer

Thing is, it started before the game even kicked off. I could see if I came in there saying, "Fuck the Seahawks, rah, rah, rah..." I didn't. Peeps saw my jersey and it was nonstop.

One Seahawks fan in my row was so embarrassed, he and his wife offer to buy me a drink and was apologizing on their behalf, based on what he saw.

I was like 1 of a handful of Ram fans in my section and it was nonstop. Like I said, even when they won, they were STILL yapping. That is the part I didn't understand.

1. Bucket & FMT: Accepted, 1-week
2. TheLegendary & TheKaeptain: Accepted, 1-week
3. Greg & Drakeon: Accepted, 1-week

Is anyone else man enough to bet?

squicken

Thing is, it started before the game even kicked off. I could see if I came in there saying, "Fuck the Seahawks, rah, rah, rah..." I didn't. Peeps saw my jersey and it was nonstop.
d.

That's pretty ridiculous. You'd think that the NFL in general would try and get more plain clothes security in the stadium to make the experience better. Even for the few decent SEA fans, it sounds unpleasant

As far as the Rams, I thought they obviously got screwed, just like Carolina. But they've got a reputation that they just don't get any benefit of the doubt. The only thing that really bugged me was the holding on Quinn. Okung was essentially clothes lining him about half the game. Pathetic

Doomsayer

One Seahawks fan in my row was so embarrassed, he and his wife offer to buy me a drink and was apologizing on their behalf, based on what he saw.

I was like 1 of a handful of Ram fans in my section and it was nonstop. Like I said, even when they won, they were STILL yapping. That is the part I didn't understand.

Seahawk fans don't know how to handle success, it's pretty foreign to them.

That's pretty ridiculous. You'd think that the NFL in general would try and get more plain clothes security in the stadium to make the experience better. Even for the few decent SEA fans, it sounds unpleasant

As far as the Rams, I thought they obviously got screwed, just like Carolina. But they've got a reputation that they just don't get any benefit of the doubt. The only thing that really bugged me was the holding on Quinn. Okung was essentially clothes lining him about half the game. Pathetic

I'm not even bothered we lost, to be honest. Our offense has been sketchy all year (especially with Kellen as our QB) but they showed a great effort last week vs. the Saints and we played Seattle really well defensively in St. Louis (fucking Clemons couldn't get the gotdamn score at the end of the game, blah)

Anyway, all things considered, I think our D played pretty well yesterday. Clemons throwing that pick 6 early didn't help and Kendricks not hauling in the catch when he had nothing but daylight ahead of him...it is what it is. I'm not about excuses. Seahawks played the better game yesterday, period.

Unfortunately, their fans were another story entirely.

rando14

Hey I'm trying my best to represent seahawks fans in a positive manner but it's hard!! Lotta hellcunt Hawks fans out there!! :-(

Top Bottom