• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Tom Penny

People set the bar too high for all the younger QB's. The only one that is going to reach them is Luck. He's considerably better than the rest.

McAdoo was in charge of installing the red zone plays, said Rodgers.

smirk.gif

Crisco

Banned
I mean, Dalton probably sucks, but I don't think it's fair to bury him just yet. Peyton Manning was pretty abysmal his first 3 playoff appearances as well, all losses. It's not like the Bengals are a powerhouse franchise with a history of winning QBs and playoff success. They should refocus their offense around Gio and beef up the o-line. If Mark Sanchez can reach two conference championships, literally anyone can, even Dalton.

Trey

He gently threw him under the bus, which is more disrespectful in my opinion.

re: Dalton

It's not about being fair. it's about not having a better option lined up and cutting your nose off when your mouth is sewn shut.

gutshot

@billbarnwell said:
My dream deal: Nick Foles and a 4th to the Bengals, Andy Dalton, #22, and #24 to the Raiders, Johnny Manziel’s draft rights at #5 to Philly.

@billbarnwell said:
Eagles sell high on Foles & get ideal Chip QB, Bengals get big-numbers QB who might be system passer, Raiders get a look at Dalton + picks.

This makes zero sense for just about every single team. Well except maybe the Bengals.

Chip was asked to give himself a grade for his first season in the NFL he said he would give himself an F, a 58% 10 wins out of 17 was the justification. It is nice to have a coach that is secure enough to say things like that.

Edit: No fucking way do I want anything to do with JFF. Barnwell is an idiot.

Greg

I mean, Dalton probably sucks, but I don't think it's fair to bury him just yet. Peyton Manning was pretty abysmal his first 3 playoff appearances as well, all losses. It's not like the Bengals are a powerhouse franchise with a history of winning QBs and playoff success. They should refocus their offense around Gio and beef up the o-line. If Mark Sanchez can reach two conference championships, literally anyone can, even Dalton.
I didn't watch many of their games, but why didn't they use him more?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions beat writer Dave Birkett:

One other name to watch with the Lions opening: Gary Kubiak

*sigh*

yankeehater said:
Imagine if kas was in the room and Caldwell criticized Stafford.

Somebody would need to shovel up Caldwell's robot parts and get him repaired like when C3PO got his arm torn off.

Syrinx

Just a random comment.

As much as I hate the Panthers and want the Niners to destroy them on Sunday(?), I have to give a ton of credit to the way Ron Rivera completely overhauled his philosophy during the season. You don't see that very often at all with head coaches. It took a lot of guts for him to go back and reevaluate that maybe, just maybe, his way wasn't the right way and that his way needed changing. He especially stands out when contrasting him to my coach, Greg Schiano, who now thankfully is gone, and thus we never have to speak of him again.

Just saw the Sally Jenkins smear piece on RG3. Isn't she the same reporter who defended Paterno and Lance Armstrong, citing personal friendship?

Donovan was right. Maybe
lb6.gif
will listen next time

squicken

Greg Robinson declared. Looked really good last night except for one play where he got totally jacked. I think he has the highest ceiling of any OT that has been drafted recently. Just have to know how he will handle coaching/money all that

e: Josh Stewart too. Loaded WR draft. Lots of first round talent at WR and OT it seems

Greg Robinson declared. Looked really good last night except for one play where he got totally jacked. I think he has the highest ceiling of any OT that has been drafted recently. Just have to know how he will handle coaching/money all that

e: Josh Stewart too. Loaded WR draft. Lots of first round talent at WR and OT it seems

I love hearing this. Hopefully it wont cost to much for the Eagles to move up and get someone.

rando14

I love hearing this. Hopefully it wont cost to much for the Eagles to move up and get someone.

pardon my ignorance on this subject but why do the eagles need to get a WR with a 1st round pick? Seemed to me that WR was one of the least of philly's concerns on the field

There will be solid WRs in the second round too, which is where I'd rather take one than the first. Stafford has enough toys, including the best in the league. If he can't make decent WRs look better than they are, then why are we paying him $100mil?

pardon my ignorance on this subject but why do the eagles need to get a WR with a 1st round pick? Seemed to me that WR was one of the least of philly's concerns on the field

Their offense stalls badly in the redzone for most of the season and the problem is they dont have a big physical WR, so reason that the offense struggles in the playoffs once DBs are allowed to clutch and grab. Last year everyone said D was the biggest need going into the draft and Chips used the first and 2nd round pick on O.

Top Bottom