• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

"Jay Cutler is not a pocket passer, never has been"

- Herm Edwards

oooook?
I wish I could have one of those analysts jobs like that. Some choice quotes.

"RG3 is a play action pass quarterback!"
"That's an adult right there!"
"When you're accurate with the football you keep out of the opposing team's quarterback."
"Running the football and rushing the football are two very different things."

Let's talk about important stuff now.
tumblr_mxipxjoj6p1r0xw5zo4_250.gif

Captain America kissed Natalie Dormer, he must be stopped.

Pro

I wish I could have one of those analysts jobs like that. Some choice quotes.

"RG3 is a play action pass quarterback!"
"That's an adult right there!"
"When you're accurate with the football you keep out of the opposing team's quarterback."
"Running the football and rushing the football are two very different things."

You ever watch the NFL Network commentators? You get Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders, and Michael Irvin together and hilarity ensues. They have the most ghetto ass comments of all time. For every good play you get a

"Ohhh"
"Dayum"
"Mmmm"
"That's grown man move right there"
...and my new personal favorite "That's a Gronk man move right there"

lol at that Killzone:SF lawsuit.

These nerds doing the most over a few pixels. Especially when the game looks that gorgeous with its dirty, unpure, soiled non 1080p.

But hey if it gets me a few bucks refund in my PSN wallet?

giphy.gif

Fight on

I have played 68 hours of Dragon Age and I want to play more. Game's pretty good.

tell me what im doing wrong then. i've played maybe 4 hours and i'm in the hinterlands area. game is fucking boring. its like go do this mission. ok i get there, i hold R2 the entire time while my mage does some fucking acrobatics from a distance. maybe throw out a spell or two and then its over. wtf am i missing!

Respect

I have played 68 hours of Dragon Age and I want to play more. Game's pretty good.

I can't stop playing it.

tell me what im doing wrong then. i've played maybe 4 hours and i'm in the hinterlands area. game is fucking boring. its like go do this mission. ok i get there, i hold R2 the entire time while my mage does some fucking acrobatics from a distance. maybe throw out a spell or two and then its over. wtf am i missing!

The Hinterlands zone is the worst part of the game. Get out of there ASAP. If on nightmare, think level 6 or 7 you can safely leave...less for lower difficulties. Oh and Knight-Enchanters are quite OP, but they can be kinda boring.

Cutler>Stafford. Give Cutler a decent o-line and he doesn't make as many mistakes. He can make the simple throws I want my QB to make, ie shit Stafford routinely overthrows.

I don't think you're missing much, probably just a difference in tastes. I was hooked from the time I got to the Hinterlands, I just love the exploration and all the cool stuff you find in the world. I'm a warrior, though. Maybe try putting the combat difficulty up to nightmare? That made it more fun to me.

EDIT: I guess I'm weird, I liked the Hinterlands! I was up to 15 hours before I left...

2 seasons of 20 sacks in each season

Congrats on being the prototypical Eagles douchebag fan. Long live stinky ass shithole Philly!

Dude you are jerking off to "only " giving up 17 points in a loss. Now I know the Texans have always been garbage and are basically a minor league team for other teams, but you should still aim a little higher.

Respect

EDIT: I guess I'm weird, I liked the Hinterlands! I was up to 15 hours before I left...

For me it became overwhelming with the quests and feeling like I am not progressing. Coupled with the fact you have the fewest abilities at this time and it does kinda feel like an endless slog at times.

Guess it depends too on if your interested in the series, loved DA:O, enjoyed DA2 a lot more than most, so it was easy for me to get lost in DA:I. If you haven't played the first two or aren't that invested in the world, DA:I might not be that great from this perspective and with how the Hinterlands is introduced, it has a tendency to turn a lot of people off to the game right away.

MechDX

Dude you are jerking off to "only " giving up 17 points in a loss. Now I know the Texans have always been garbage and are basically a minor league team for other teams, but you should still aim a little higher.

No you just read what you want into posts. Don't expect you to think to much since you are from Philly though. So we're all good.

This comment is straight out of 2013.

Wallace has become a decent route runner thanks primarily to his quickness. The problem is he sucks at just about everything else like catching the ball.

It's pretty common knowledge that he is grossly overpaid by the Dolphins.

So..what's his cap number? He's pretty useless if he can't go deep.

You ever watch the NFL Network commentators? You get Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders, and Michael Irvin together and hilarity ensues. They have the most ghetto ass comments of all time. For every good play you get a

"Ohhh"
"Dayum"
"Mmmm"
"That's grown man move right there"
...and my new personal favorite "That's a Gronk man move right there"
Michael air in used to have his own radio show, it was hilarious. The other brah there would just decipher for him.

eznark

Banned
I left the Hinterlands, got my whole party (I think?), did some shit in the mountains, went to the swamp, the swamp sucked and was too high level, went to do some other shit.

I'm kind of bored with it. Played probably 20 hours and haven't don't much interesting. For once I wish I could just go through story missions but they are kind of level gated. Meh. Not sure I'll go back to it. None of the characters are interesting and the combat remains atrocious.

I left the Hinterlands, got my whole party (I think?), did some shit in the mountains, went to the swamp, the swamp sucked and was too high level, went to do some other shit.

I'm kind of bored with it. Played probably 20 hours and haven't don't much interesting. For once I wish I could just go through story missions but they are kind of level gated. Meh. Not sure I'll go back to it. None of the characters are interesting and the combat remains atrocious.
Story missions being level gated is a mirage and even if you're doing the bare minimum of side quests you should accrue power and levels to get access and complete them relatively easily.

The story missions are great. You should definitely play to at least "Here Lies the Abyss". If it doesn't do anything for you past that point, then yeah shut it down.

I'm 70 hours in and am hooked but then I'm also near max level so there isn't much content gated for me where I am and some of the later areas like The Exhalted Plains, Western Approach and The Forbidden Oasis are great to explore. Plus, I screwed Cassandra.;)

I find the best progression area wise is Hinterlands>Storm Coast>The Forbidden Oasis>Crestwood>Exhalted Plains>Western Approach...

Then you can start hitting smaller and tougher areas like the Fallow Mire, etc. I've killed three of the 10 dragons thus far, too and boy those are some entertaining fights.

EDIT: Here's a video of me taking down the dragon in Crestwood (level 13)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AeOasekssE

It's okay. Don't feel bad about not digging it.

I mean I liked it but just compared to the rest of 2014z

DA came at the perfect time for me. I just really wanted a new RPG to dig into that had a lot of exploration.

For me it's either that or Dark Souls II for GOTY. DKC: Tropical Freeze is locked in at number three.

Decent year for games but 2015 should be much better.

For me it's either that or Dark Souls II for GOTY. DKC:
Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of the last generation. I could not for the life of me get into Dark Souls II. I wasn't a fan of the level design. It didn't feel nearly as cohesive as the original and the bosses were lacking to me after some of the amazing fights in the first game. It was a lesser game in many ways for me which sucked cause I wanted to love it.:(

I'm hoping Bloodborne is everything that DSII wasn't for me.

Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of the last generation. I could not for the life of me get into Dark Souls II. I wasn't a fan of the level design. It didn't feel nearly as cohesive as the original and the bosses were lacking to me after some of the amazing fights in the first game. It was a lesser game in many ways for me which sucked cause I wanted to love it.:(

I'm hoping Bloodborne is everything that DSII wasn't for me.
I am one of the rare few that sees Dark Souls II as a worthy successor to the original. It's true that the game isn't as original and the world is much less cohesive and intelligently connected but I still loved playing through it. I loved the individual areas and their lore in spite of their poor cohesion and I thought the bosses were as solid or better than those in the original.

Overall I see Dark Souls II as a game that doesn't hit the highs of the original but it doesn't hit the lows either. The latter parts of Dark Souls leave something to be desired but II was consistently well designed and finished very strongly. There are a lot of other aspects I preferred as well such as the weapons and armor.

Regardless, I totally understand the complaints and I hope Bloodborne blows both of us away. My most anticipated game by a long shot.

eznark

Banned
I never thought I'd say this but South Park was probably the best game of this year.

Pretty much. Not saying a lot.

The Golf Club, South Park, OOTP 15, Smash and Mario Kart are pretty much the only games I've really enjoyed unequivocally.

Honestly, OOTP 15 is probably my game of the year, just because of how much of a leap it was from the past couple years. Every story based, single player game this year except South Park was preeeeeeeeetty much shit.

End of the day, Risen 3 is just a better game than Dragon Age.

Eleuin

I didn't even attempt the ancient dragon

And south park is probably my goty too, haven't played shovel knight yet though

I know for a fact that Philly is not nicer than where I live. The simple fact that I'm on the West coast and not East proves this.

I lived in SF for 5 years and I am now living in Vegas and Philly is much better then either.

GotY is Sunset Overdrive, but MCC is the best game by far. I am close to the achievement for completing 150 matches, and am also almost done with Halo 3 in the MasterChief Saga playlist. Now that the mp works great it is just such an amazing game.

eznark

Banned
Yeah Shovel Knight it cool.

I'm on In Your Heart Shall Burn. I think the idea of no healing and no way good way of replenishing your potions, combined with a totally uninteresting combat system, is what's making me not want to do the story missions.

Honestly, OOTP 15 is probably my game of the year, just because of how much of a leap it was from the past couple years. Every story based, single player game this year except South Park was preeeeeeeeetty much shit.
How you gonna hate on Valiant Hears like that, bro? :)

I'm on In Your Heart Shall Burn. I think the idea of no healing and no way good way of replenishing your potions, combined with a totally uninteresting combat system, is what's making me not want to do the story missions.

After you finish Haven you unlock
Skyhold
which is where a lot more of the character development stuff happens. That'sort of like the camp in the original Dragon Age Origins.

As you play along you also get the ability to unlock having more potions, regeneration potions and full on heal potions that mitigate the healing issue a bit. I agree that the change from having a healer type is a bit shit but you eventually unlock enough camps that you can easily replenish on bigger maps. Plus, story missions have supply crates sitting all over the place that refill your potions regularly as well.

Top Bottom